[Admin] Display or hide site documents name&links in CC3 siteDocs

File Name :: Display or hide site documents name&links in CC3 siteDocs box

Author :: convict

Category :: Admin

CubeCart Version :: 3

Description ::

This tiny mod allows you to display or hide site documents name&links in CC3 siteDocs box. Useful in time of massive edititing site docs on live sites when you want to hide your experiments from public :P

Updated Tue, Nov 8 2005 9:58 am

View File

Edited by Guest

Nice Idea, But are the pages still viewable?

I undersand the link is removed but if i had the page bookmaked ect could i still link to it...

Im only thinking of this because i want HIDDEN docs in CubeCart.

SECONDLY, is it compatable with 3.0.6 and does anyone know if its compatable with the search engine frendly MOD.

Guest alexisb

Hi, I found this post after I did something to hide some of my site docs, my approach was a little simpler:

In CuberCart 3.0.6 I replaced this line in includes/boxes/siteDocs.inc.php:

$results = $db->select("SELECT doc_id, doc_name FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_docs ORDER BY doc_name ASC");

with this one:

$results = $db->select("SELECT doc_id, doc_name FROM ".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_docs WHERE LEFT(doc_name,1)!='_' ORDER BY doc_name ASC");

Then you just need to name all site docs you want hidden starting with an underscore (_), for example: "_My Hidden Doc" or "_Invisible".

These site docs can still be reached via direct linking but they don't appear when using {SITE_DOCS}.

I hope this helps.

Nice Idea, But are the pages still viewable?

I undersand the link is removed but if i had the page bookmaked ect could i still link to it...

Im only thinking of this because i want HIDDEN docs in CubeCart.

SECONDLY, is it compatable with 3.0.6 and does anyone know if its compatable with the search engine frendly MOD.

Yes, they are viewable in case you have described (bookmark) / by direct URL writing / by clicking on indexed link (has been created).

This Mod is hidding links and names only in CC3 main page - doc content neither.

@alexisb

this is just another solution. Depends to customers smack. :D