Failed upgrade from 3.0.4 to 5

Robsta

Hello.... usual story... I followed the instructions :D:huh: .... ummm... sorry.

On a more serious note. I was running 3.0.4 on a test server. I decided to upgrade, and followed the upgrade notes. This is my first upgrade of CubeCart.

I renamed the 'global.inc.php' so the server file was not overwritten. Then proceeded to upload all the files other than the 'install' directory. Copied the 3.0.4-3.0.5 'upgrade.php' file to the root of the shop, then run it. So far so good, upgrade success.

Log into the admin, no problems. On the front end, log in as a customer, added item to cart, ok. Click on go to cart, no probs. Click on 'Continue', bang. The error below appears...

MySQL Error Occured

1146: Table 'mydb.shop_CubeCart_Modules' doesn't exist

QUERY = SELECT folder FROM shop_CubeCart_Modules WHERE module='shipping' AND status = 1

Did I miss something? Apart from that table, which is not in the database (confirmed through phpmyadmin).

I had a search for 'CubeCart_Modules' in the forum, only one post came up, seemingly unrelated. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Just found a related post here. But no solutions... which fields need to be re-added?

Edited by Robsta

I bet if you explain the problem with further detail, someone can give you a better answer.

I would be happy to... if I knew the extra details which might help? :D

I'm new to CubeCart, so still learning it's quirks and upgrade routines. I have detailed pretty much what I did to upgrade.

Guest sunshine

Hi Robsta,

Tried logging in with that pass info and it failed. Plus, my mistake, I thought your problem was something else. In your first post, you did state it was an upgrade and that the problem was a missing table. Did you add the missing table to mysql yet? I don't think the 3.04 to 3.05 upgrade affected that aspect of the cart, so I would begin by checking your Step1.inc in includes/content and also content/cart.

You can compare them in Winmerge to the orignal. You should also know, CC3.06 is coming out shortly per the heaven above.

Thanks for looking sunshine. The login details were for the front end account login, to show you the error. If you require admin login, please let me know.

Yes, it was an upgrade from 3.0.4 to 3.0.5. The upgrade completed successfully, but there is now an error when you now proceed from the cart page after the upgrade. I had been testing with the paypal sandbox quite a bit with 3.0.4, so I know the cart worked before the upgrade.

I have not added the missing table. I didn't want to start messing with it until I knew a little more about the problem (and advice from you wonderful people :D )

I have compared the two files mentioned with the 3.0.5 shipped files, they are identical.

Maybe I should wait till 3.0.6 and install a clean copy. Thanks.

Ok. I've gone into my backup and exported the create table script for the module table. Run it to create the 3.0.4 version table. This seems to fix the problem.

I'm wondering why/how this table was deleted during the upgrade? As this is the only time it could have been. :D

That I really can't explain because it's not the same table :D Thankfully, you've got it working!

It is the same table as the error indicates (shown at the top of the page), shop_CubeCart_Modules.

Thanks for your help and suggestions Sunshine. Much appreciated. :D