After customer registration where is the email

Guest wowgold4u

Guest wowgold4u

Ok another noob post ahaha.. alright i was testing my registration page with real emails from test customers Ive signed up and looked in my email's and there is not 1 email sent from the site to them.. nor when i check my support email I do not receive any information about them.. is there a mod or a certain setting I have to mess with to have the feature work correctly?

Let me know I am going to sit and refresh this page til I see something hehe

Thanks

Guest wowgold4u

do i do mail() or smpt and leave the host port empty? cuz it automaticlly is default and do I have to insert my username pn pw for the mail because I've done that and it still didnt help

Guest wowgold4u

<_< :blink::cry::lol: Mannnnnnn Alright ive tried to change it to SMPT with the username and password checked my email after making another registration and there isnt any emails =( what am I doin wronggggg lol I feel like a noob

Guest wowgold4u

Nah no good.. Alright everything is blank besides my Email address and the name that will be used on the emails i have it set with mail() the auth is selected to yes

Hmm i check my webmail also throu my webhosts control panel and there isnt any emails I really dont know whats up.. lol

Guest wowgold4u

Email Name:wowgold4u

(This is used as the send name of site emails.)

Email Address:[email protected]

(This is used as the email address in site emails.)

Mail Sending Method:

(SMTP recommended) [mail()] SMTP

SMTP Host:blank (Default: localhost)

SMTP Port:blank (Default: 25)

Use Authentication? [Yes] No (Default: No)

SMTP Username:blank

SMTP Password:blank

Anything im missing here or doing wrong this is the only thing I could really show because this is where my problems are coming from

see this thread many ppl havin probs with email including myself!!

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....pic=11940&st=75

Also. I just installed a fresh install of 3.0.5 and that will not email to Customer and Admin

My ver. 4 will email Admin

My Ver. 2 works just fine!

Note all on the same host and Ver 4 & 5 with same settings set!

Order status and Bulk email options are working.........!

you need to go to page one of the post but read it all as there was a small mistake which is listed lower down!

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....opic=11940&st=0

This sorted out the details on my Admin email on 3.0.4 but has nothing to do with getting the automatic Customer email working when an order is placed!

Maybe you could help keep the other thread going as I've placed a bug report and it was closed as being s duplicate but I can't find it open under Bugs!

http://bugs.cubecart.com/?do=details&id=417

:D

Guest wowgold4u

Ok.. lol np but anyways Alright.. Ive installed the so called admin email fix I have no clue if it worked! but anyways I would like an email sent to me from the registration page when a new customer signs up.. not an order nothing like that Ya thats great an all but I need there information for there membership which i will be altering the reg.tpl file anyways because there info isnt needed about where they live anyways here is what I want it to do..

When they create a new account from the create new registration.. an they fill in the info after they hit submit I want an email to goto them instating congratulations on joining the bla bla bla An an email sent to me with there information.. I hope this makes sense because when they make a new account I DO NOT RECIEVE ANYTHING IN MY WEBMAIL about there signing up unless i goto admin/whatever it is to show customers

Thanks

Guest wowgold4u

Ok i guess this isnt fixed or something lol Maybe I should downgrade to 3.0.4 because I've heard there was less problems with it I dunno any pointers..

Ok i guess this isnt fixed or something lol Maybe I should downgrade to 3.0.4 because I've heard there was less problems with it I dunno any pointers..

If you have a spare SQL database available to you then suggest you install v4 as a new install in a new sub folder etc... & test email like I did with V5!

That way you can test until you're happy and perhaps downgrade!

But I'm not sure how easy that is? Best search on it!

I'm not going to upgrade to V5 as it by the looks of things will also kill my Admin email which is working with V4 + the Admin email fix I gave you the link to!

Crazy as I have a V2.0.1 on same host that has worked from the 1st install with no problems!

Has anyone said automatic Customer email will be fixed in V6?

Unless this is resolved very soon I will have to look at other cart solutions!

:unsure: