Constructive Critics Wanted!!!

Guest edgeways

Guest edgeways

I'm greatly looking forward to comments and suggestions from all. Whether you are a pro site builder or a curious novice like myself, please tell me what you "Honestly" think. Don't worry, you won't hurt my feelings. I need to be taken down a couple of notches anyway since I feel greatly accomplished just for figuring out this whole website/cubecart thing. (well, I think I'm off to a decent start anyway) :D

Please note: This site contains some "Adult" images. The models are entirely covered but there is some see through clothing. If you are even mildly offended by partial nudity, please just wish me well and don't visit my store.

Thanks a Bunch to All!

Your Liink to Sexy Leatherwear

First off, thank you for the thoughtful warning about the images. Some people would get in trouble viewing that from work or just may not want to see it.

At anything less than 1280x1024, you can't read your category names, they get pushed out of site in FireFox.

Your thumbnails are actually BIGGER than your real images. Tacky! Your thumbs are supposed to be "teasers" (no pun intended) with larger, real images on the product pages. Yours are the opposite...and since GD increased the size of them, they all look like crap.

Work on that stuff first and see where it goes.

Also, your initial page was so horrible that I almost didn't click further. It indicated nearly nothing of what lay behind it. You have way too many words for people to read. If they can't figure out what you're selling within 5-8 words and a pic or two, you'll lose them...they won't click into the site. Psychology is king in web design. KING.

:D

Guest edgeways

Wow! Careful what you ask for folks.

I greatly appreciate the brutal honesty. The idea behind the wording was brought on by suggestions for baiting the search engine spiders. My original design was actually much simpler. I'm happy to work on that.

As for the picture sizes being backwards. We just plain have not figured that out. Not exatly sure what a GD Setting is or how it works. All I know is when you change the minimum size it affects the product picture on the page; however, we have not figured out how to manipulate the size of the picture shown when the buy or more buttons are clicked.

Is there a way to keep our preferred skin and manipulate the category tabs for easier viewing?

Anxiously awaiting more opinions and suggestions! Solutions needed.

Thanks for knocking me off my horse Sir William. :D I'm back to the drawing board as a humble servant of the real world.

Oh! By the way. If anyone wants to write a CC for Dummies book, I'll be first in line to buy.

Hi there :)

apart from the above mentioned by Sir William i would like to add that it reminds me of a black n white movie.

To many buttons on the top with the title really mixed up. If you need so many top categories there is a mod you can use for double row.

You need a widescreen to be able to view your site.

The search button has a fix so it does not repeat.

The ladies are beautyfull :D

Sorry for this but you did request Constructive Critics Wanted!!! :(

PS: for layout etc index.tpl and layout.css are the files you are looking for under killer skin :D

Look in download area and there are a few tutorials there B)

Edited by vrakas

I personally find pictures of scantily clad women offensive (please provide me with names and telephone numbers of the models) :D

Seriously, having to scroll from side to side ain't gonna do you any good with your visitors and I agree about the black and white thing. You are going to lose visitors after they've taken in the images.

Guest edgeways

Great thanks to all who commented. I'll be putting a great deal of thought into your opinions and suggestions.

At least no one has a complaint about the models :)

I don't know how to adjust my site so that it will fit to other monitors. I am truely a novice and assumed it was all in how you adjust your monitor. :w00t: The site shows up perfectly on mine.

The black and white thing is gonna roll for now. It sets the mood for our Biker/Goth crowd. They tend to like it straight forward, no fluff, and nothing cute. We will further develop the attraction to make it flow, but this site can't be too colorful.

I've been putting a little thought into the "Tacky" pics that go from large to small instead of small to large. Sorry Sir William but I'm gonna keep that part the same. I want to integrate a link from the picture to a larger image; however, the buy button will still go to a smaller image. Rather than tease the customer, I prefer the straight forward approach. They don't have to click on 50 pictures to find what they want. Getting the big picture right away will allow for more impulse purchases.

What can I say. I'm a bit of a rebel and I've got to have an edge. Of course, I don't know how large these pictures are showing on your monitors. From what I am reading, you may just see a big butt in your face when you look at the screen. (not that it's such a bad thing for some of us) :P

I'll do lots more reading and work (after I spend a few hours doing another upgrade) and try try try again. You all are awesome for taking time out of your day. If you see anything that interests you, feel free to hit me up for a personal coupon.