Cubcart Upgrade Help from 3.0.0 to 3.0.5

Atechstl

I want to upgrade my version 3.0.0. I downloaded 3.0.5 but am troubled to see the upgrade instructions only show you how to upgrade to the next version and not the latest version. Do I have to manualy upgrade this 5 times to get to the newest version or is there a set of instructions or patch to just upgrade to 3.0.5?

i just installed cubecart 3.0.4 and would like to use the upgrade file sir william provided above to upgrade to 3.0.6.. but i don't know how.

i put it on my cubecart directory on my server and run it but that didn't do anything.. so i was hoping someone could give me some direction on how to do this.

thanks!!

Guest alexisb

Hi, I used Sir William script successfully (thanks!), however the script was doing nothing at first.

I was trying to upgrade from 3.0.2 to 3.0.6 and before running upgrade.php from Sir William I uploaded the 3.0.6 files, this caused the script to do nothing because it looks in includes/ini.inc.php to know the current version, obviously if you are running 3.0.6 the script does nothing.

I just changed this line in includes/ini.inc.php:

$ini['ver'] = '3.0.6';

to:

$ini['ver'] = '3.0.2';

I hope this helps.

Regards!

Guest Princecrew

OK!... I get it now! Up load the upgrade.php file first and run it from the store (www.yourstore.com/upgrade.php) and then ftp the cc 3.0.6 files up. Thanks ever so much for the script!! :w00t:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest estelle

Awesome upgrade script!! I used it just the other day. B)

I had the same problem though. I think its a tiny bit confusing because I didn't see any documentation saying that I should upload files *after* running the database upgrade, and so I automatically did it in the other order since Brooky's upgrade instructions always say upload files first and then run upgrade.php.

For this reason I would recommend having a selection box that can be used to override the value for the current version.

• 2 weeks later...

ok i tink im kinda dumb haha. how do i run the upgrade.php file? i typed www.mystore.com/upgrade.php and it asked me to login..

"You MUST log in with your Admin info before an Upgrade is permitted.

Please log in with your admin user/pass."

how do i do it? anyone can help?

alrite.. ok let me get this right.. to do the proper upgrade... first i will need to run the upgrade.php file. once that is done, ill upload all the 3.0.6 files and overwrite all of them and thats all? am i right? but i dunoe y i get this error wen i try to access my sample cart at

www.indiewhispers.com/try

Warning: main(../includes/ini.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/indiewhi/public_html/try/index.php on line 30

Warning: main(../includes/ini.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/indiewhi/public_html/try/index.php on line 30

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../includes/ini.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/indiewhi/public_html/try/index.php on line 30

Warning: main(../includes/global.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/indiewhi/public_html/try/index.php on line 31

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../includes/global.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/indiewhi/public_html/try/index.php on line 31

Warning: main(../classes/db.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/indiewhi/public_html/try/index.php on line 32

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../classes/db.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/indiewhi/public_html/try/index.php on line 32

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: db in /home/indiewhi/public_html/try/index.php on line 33

anyone can help? im confused as i followed all the steps as instructed.