How to change the order products are displayed in?

Guest Sparkle

Guest Sparkle

Hi,

I can't seem to be able to change the order in which my products are displayed? It seems to just put them in any order it feels like - so even when I add a new product it may not place it at the bottom of the list - but somewhere in the middle???

TIA

What order would you like them to be displayed in? If you simply want them alphabetically, there are couple of simple mods posted which will do that. If however, you'd like more control, then I have written a much more complete mod for rearranging your categories and products.

;)

Guest Sparkle

Hi Sir William (we are very formal here!)

I'd like to do more than just alphabetically please - so your more complete mod would be great. How do I get hold of it, and is is trickey to use??

Guest estelle

Sir Williams Category Sort Module is excellent we use it and cant wait for the next version where customers can sort product lists by name, or price

Sweet! :)

• 1 month later...

Does this change what the USERS see?

I could care less about what I see as ADMIN... the problem I am running into is that one category is in order.

I sell herbs, etc. and 1 OZ. is before 4 OZ. (like it should in one area), but in the next area it is completely out of whack.

Will this mod fix this kind of problem??? Because I am seeing something completely different than the USERS are seeing.

Edited by djcaseanova

I of course offer basic technical support. I'll answer questions, but I won't sit for free for an hour and walk anybody step by step through the installation. There has to be a limit somewhere ya know. :D

And no, there are no moneyback guarantees. How would I ever know you removed it or didn't install it once you saw it. It's not like you can just e-mail me the zip file as if you're "returning" it. :D

:w00t:

SW - I just ordered/installed your MOD. It works great.

The hardest part was trying to figure out how to do the thing in the PHPmyAdmin. I went through my Control Panel into Mysql. Clicked on DATABASES, then clicked on my database for CubeCart and then on the SQL button and then inside the box marked "Run SQL query/queries on database xxxxxxx".

Thanks!

Well, I finished the changes to my existing mod tonight to include the ability for the customer to sort by whatever they want. You can feel free to give it a test run here:

http://test.swscripts.com/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=3

Don't mind the extreme left-right scroll caused by the categories bar. :D This data was never meant for this skin, but it lets you test everything.

Please let me know if you get any errors or have any issues with it. I've tried to run it through its paces pretty well, but ya never know. :D If testing by several people comes back good, then I'll get it packaged up and available on my site.

BTW, it does the DB changes for you upon installation now too. :D

Thanks!

;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest goffrey

Would this category sorting be made available on the newer versions of Cubecart? How about sorting of products?

And I also want to know to remove the option of putting pictures on every product.

• 1 month later...
Guest keurytak

What order would you like them to be displayed in? If you simply want them alphabetically, there are couple of simple mods posted which will do that. If however, you'd like more control, then I have written a much more complete mod for rearranging your categories and products.

:innocent:

Hi, i only want to put the products in alphabetically order, you said that are some mods posted in forum, but i haven´t found no one. Could you tell me where can i hace one?, i only want alphabetically order.

It would be great if you could help me.