NO PROBLEMS with 3.0.6

Guest theorbo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ripon, that's not necessary.

Adrian, I have posted and made available a free universal update utility which does the database changes necessary to take any version of CubeCart to the latest. It also reminds you to keep your config.inc.php file and home.inc.php files. It's also password protected to keep unscrupulous people from getting any info about your store setup.

You can download it here:

http://www.swscripts.com/downloads/upgrade.zip

Have fun!

:w00t:

Guest johnkolk

I purchased an OSCommerce wholesale site and wanted to also run a retail site but found OSCommerce way to confusing (its not hard to confuse me) so I used your cc3 and I love it, it is easy and I will make other site for friends but i must say that OSCommerce does have a few benifits that would be great to see with cc3 one day, like a banner programme and an easy to see client record of orders for a rewards programme. In OSCommerce I need to put a product in stock for every colour but with cc3 I can have that as a product option... only wish we could do stock amounts for the option so i could run the site with stock quantity turned on.

In short what I'm tring to say is I'm please I found Cubecart and look forward to the improvements as they happen. and yes I will be getting a license very soon (next sale can pay for it)

cheers and thanks Brooky

John

Hi all,

Brand new to cube cart and to these forums, but will try to stay in line... lol

I read the entire topic and did not find what I was looking for so quick question.

I downloaded cubecart 3.0.5 a week or so ago, finally got it installed tonight and bought the license key.

After the install, I followed the instructions to go to the admin page and it tells me there is an upgrade :whistle: ... already? I just got it...

Anyhow... do I have to download & upload an entirely different cube cart or is there just an upgrade file? Not sure... but I did download the upgrade.zip tool someone had posted in this thread on page 2.

Advice on the quickest change solution to the newest version would be fantastic... I have dial up so it took hours on end getting it up tonight... to then find a newer virsion... uuuuuugggggghhhhh */* !

All help appreciated!

Angie

Guest estelle

All files do have to be uploaded again (except for two files which are noted in the upgrade doc). Can't you just start the FTP and leave it going overnight?

Upgrade Instructions --- Cubecart V3 3.0.5 To 3.0.6

Please take a full Backup of your current site files and database dump before proceeding with the upgrade process

1. Upload every file to the server replacing your existing ones excluding:

includes/global.inc.php

install/

language/*/home.inc.php (If you have made changes.)

2. Upload upgrade.php to root directory of your store (This can be found in /upgrade/scripts/3.0.5-3.0.6/)

Execute upgrade.php in the root folder of your store using your browser.

click on >>>>upgrade now<<<< shown in ur browser

Upgrade completed !

Delete upgrade.php

Your updated store will be running now !

Yunus

Great. Thanks Tim. Now we have to somehow persuade all the other OSCommerce users!! LOL

Infact... BRAINWAVE!!!!

im a user of an osscommerce variant

i demod cubecart in an earlier version . i now have to setup a new store and thought i would revisit CC

initial impressions were good , payment gateway look comprehensive , but as i looked for features i had come to rely on in OSc i could not find them

for eg being able to make products inactive , backup from admin, cross sell products , add extra images in the main body of the item , not a little link that says view more images , being able to rearrange side boxes , coupons and others that dont spring to mind as i write this

im not out to dis Cc as im sure for most people it is a great product and ive seen some great themes that i would love to use , but as it stands i dont think its the solution for me

keep up the good work and hopefully CC will be the killer cart in the future

Guest jeromas

micky, your animation under your title had me laughing to tears. Thanks for that.

I do have a question for the coders out there, trying to get an opinion on whether a certain mod or not would work:

In order to determine what files have changed, or need to be changed (ie because you have modded the original versions) in any CubeCart upgrade, what if we had a script that would recursively walk through each directory in a CubeCart installation, look at the checksum of each installed file and compare it to the checksum of the new file. If the checksums are the same, no change is needed to that file. If the checksums are different, the file should be looked at with WinMerge and changed accordingly. The results of the checksum could be neatly listed as to what directory and files need changing to make it easier for people to upgrade...

Opinions? Can anyone think of why this wouldn't be a good mod or wouldn't work? I'm interested in writing it and releasing it for free, but I'll have to brush up on recursion before I do, if the coders think it could work.

Any suggestions are greatly welcome for a mod like this.

Guest estelle

The problem is, almost every CubeCart file has the version number and date at the top, and these are changed in *every* release. So in each release you'll usually find that hundreds of files have changed, but only some of those files contain any substantial changes.

There are already programs to compare directories. ExamDiff Pro is one that I have used.

I've read that alot of you have had no problems with the lastest upgrade 3.0.6.

I think that's great, but my question is...........

Does the upgrade from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6 fix the payment gateway problems with Paypal??

This has become a big issue with us on our site to the point of moving away from Paypal. I have followed the suggestions in this thread...

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=11714

but am still having the same problems.

I am soon going to go bald from pulling my hair out over this. Can this be easily solved by doing the upgrade??

Nevermind we got the problem fixed. Don't ask me how because I don't know.

A good friend of my partners fixed it.

But Thanks anyway.

I have learned and fixed many problems thru reading and posting to these forums,

and I want to Thank You ALL!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ripon, that's not necessary.

Adrian, I have posted and made available a free universal update utility which does the database changes necessary to take any version of CubeCart to the latest. It also reminds you to keep your config.inc.php file and home.inc.php files. It's also password protected to keep unscrupulous people from getting any info about your store setup.

You can download it here:

http://www.swscripts.com/downloads/upgrade.zip

Have fun!

:rolleyes:

Thanks Sir!

I did not get the auto notification that i had a reply, otherwise i would have been here sooner!!

Thank you agian, Downloading it now! :(

Guest macfionn

Well its obvious. Upgrade from OSC to CC3 script. :(

Yikes! As many mods as there are available for osC, you would have an easier time brokering peace in the middle east!

Guest Denver Dave
I purchased an OSCommerce wholesale site and wanted to also run a retail site but found OSCommerce way to confusing (its not hard to confuse me) so I used your cc3 and I love it, it is easy
Sounds like me. Sometimes I get deep in a particular issue and forget the big picture. Also, had an issue with 3.0.3 where standard paypal was including the product price in shipping - seems to have gone away with 3.0.6. Love the indicator lights for active for shipping and gateways.

Guest cheekyann

Hi,

have just joined the forum tonight after installing 3.0.5 from fantastico and then found here a newer version. :D

No problems I have made no modifications to the install but when it comes to tech talk I'm all gobledegook lol. ;)

I would like to upgrade to the 3.0.6 version and purchase the license, I have read the above instructions etc but my question is, and please do not laugh as this is my first attempt at this, where do I find the root?. When installing .5 fantastico just did it for me, now I have got hold of ftp client, had a little play to try get used it as never used one before, but cannot find the root to do the upgrade

Sorry, I know, numb when it comes to this but will get better with practice.

Would also like to take this oppertunity to thank everyone who has made this shopping cart possible, I was going to go with os but after seeing some of the live stores it had to be cc, you can spot an os website a mile away, not to diss os just individuality can be good.

Last but not least, I know some of you sell templates, I would love a new template bright and funky for a family friendly lingerie website, at a good price. Please let me know of quotes or point me in the direction of where I should be to get them.

Much appreciate all the help and excsllent work, many many thanks

Cheeky Ann :)

I just downloaded 3.0.6 last night and did a fresh install.

When I attempt to do a test checkout, I'm getting this

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/36/***/htdocs/pro-gear/modules/shipping/UPS/calc.php:86) in /homepages/36/***/htdocs/pro-gear/includes/content/cart.inc.php on line 588

when I go to checkout.(account ids removed)

Also, it's going from step2 to step4(normal?) when I click continue button.

Cart is at pro-gear.com

Guest cheekyann

Hi, installed 3.0.5 2 days ago and decided to upgrade to 6 before making any changes. Now I'm complete numpty but have almost completed, my problem is, when executing the upgrade file in the root it opens as word doc and is just text, is I understand correctly I need to click the upgrade now link to complete it, but as it is just text it is not clickable, can anyone tell me how to make it open with the clickable upgrade now link,

muchly appreciated

Ann

Guest Denver Dave

executing the upgrade file in the root it opens as word doc
That is odd. Are you trying to run Cubecart locally on your own PC rather than an internet server? If using an internet server, you might try accessing the upgrade script from a browser on another PC.

The closest that I've come to your situation is when trying to run certain JavaScript editors (not FCK), my PC thinks it is trying to install Microsoft Access.