NO PROBLEMS with 3.0.6

Guest theorbo

Guest theorbo

Just wanted to say that (contrary to some who seem to show up here only to post snide remarks about a new version), I have upgraded my 3.0.5 install with 3.0.6 and I have ZERO problems of any sort with it.

The upgrade was very smooth (once I realized I'd forgotten to upload my backed-up config.inc.php *sigh*), I can access all parts of the catalog itself and all sections of the admin.

Thank you brooky! Great stuff as usual. My husband's paying for a license for me for my birthday mid-December!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest viper682

LOL, dare I try I just upgraded about a week ago to the 3.05 now I am going to try the 3.06 got to back everything up. I am scared my luck it will crash. I look forward to the improved shipping though.

I wanted to do a client upgrade from .05 to .06 but i first took a chance with one of my testing sites. :)

Major problem all was stewed due to SQL problem. Then i run the install and all worked but as a new installation. */*

Back to the drawing board for me :D

Brooky and all,

I am totally new here, but I come from using Oscommerce, and this is a totally elegant solution. You should be commended mightily for a great tool.

You will hear no griping from this quarter.

Tim

Well I am doing my part :w00t: I told 5 people and they have told 5 people and so on and so on...hehehehehe Ofcourse I will keep telling folks about cc3 too. I am sure we will have a few converts..with service and friendly folks who help with bugs..I am pleased so far. I got to get my host to install domxml and gd ..supposed to be monday...anyway..thank you brooky and all for your help and I really like this cart script...tis cool..

Guest sunshine

Excellent thanks for that. Lets just hope we get a new server with decent uptime!

Yes, I thought i was talking o much and you were trying to slow me down */* then again, may be it was theeee BRAINWAVES :w00t:

Guest Denver Dave
3.0.6 Archive has been modified this morning to fix the admin login bug
I'm not sure I'm wild about different 3.0.6 versions being out there. Should it be called 3.0.6b or something? I guess I'll redownload to make sure I have the latest version. ... or am I missing something?

Guest dorianrave

Whew!! Just updated a clients site from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6 . Followed the instructions and everything worked fine. Only thing is my images did not show at first. Did some file transfering from my BACKUP and now its seems to be fine. Took about 30 minutes. :w00t:

3.0.6 Archive has been modified this morning to fix the admin login bug
I'm not sure I'm wild about different 3.0.6 versions being out there. Should it be called 3.0.6b or something? I guess I'll redownload to make sure I have the latest version. ... or am I missing something?

Hi Dave,

You are correct I agree. It was a couple of spelling mistakes and the admin bug which only affected a few people. The package will never change now and it it does it will be marked accordingly with a new version name. ;)

Guest timecrisis

Hi All,

I have to say I am not happy about 2 versions of 3.0.6 either.

I have a recurring Admin error which maybe the one you are talking about or not?

I have posted this here and also drawn you attention via Support..

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=12912

My upgrade went very smoothly from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6, so no problems for me.

It would be good to get a full list of changes from version to version...And also recieve email notification of any sub versions

I have just finished yesterday upgrading 10 sites and I am going to have to go and do it again by the looks of things?...

Guest timecrisis

yep, I mean you can use winmerge but i gave it a go and there was so much that had changed that it wasn't worth the hassle (as a designer)

I basically keep a list of the code changes I make...get the new version...apply my changes...upload and run the upgrade script...

It worked this time anyway!...I am pretty happy with the way it works now and unless there are security upgrades then I will try and stick with 3.0.6 until it goes to 4.0...but you never know what bugs will turn up =)

Cheers Sir William for the better email thang on 3.0.6! ;)

3.0.6 Changed once the morning after it was released.

This fixed the admin login issue and a few spelling mistakes. There was lots of information about the admin bug on this site and it did not affect that many people. The changes were SO minor I feel the appropriate action was taken.

There is a UPS bug too. (Please see shipping forum) but you can rest assured the 3.0.6 package will never be changed again. 3.0.7 will be released instead.

Hi all,

i must add something.

I always suggest to wait a while prior to upgrading to the latest version, although i know that sometimes it is necessary to do so (this happened to me also). :sourcerer:

On a new installation things are not so bad if something is wrong, you can always start fresh ;)

On the other hand it is better that brooky changed the d/l file so this way the rest of the people that had not downloaded and used it by that time would get the new altered file. I know this is not the same but this also happens in the d/l section when submitters replace their files with new better or altered ones.

In short, I agree to the action brooky did and upgraded/changed the file. :D

This is my personal opinion :)

I'm a little behind with the update, i am still on 0.3 , Can i update from .3 to .6? or do i have to apply the other 2 updates i missed first?

If i can update from .3 to .6 , is it simple? as the upgrade instrustions do not mention jumping a version .... or two!

Thanks