NO PROBLEMS with 3.0.6

Guest theorbo

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest adrian

Just updated from .0.3 to .0.7 should have done it sooner, as my companies front page was hacked by a dude called hackbsd Crew, My fault should have done it sooner!! These hackers are a total waste of skin!

Guest Denver Dave

Just updated from .0.3 to .0.7 should have done it sooner, as my companies front page was hacked
That was my experience. I noticed from the stats log, someone searching for Cubecart 3.0.3 so I think we just missed being hacked. It would be great if we could remove the version number from the credits (not sure if we can or not) so that hackers don't have a beacon. phpBB removed the version numbers from the credits for this reason.

Is 3.0.7 working well for you?

The only way you can remove the version number is by buying a licence, just another incentive to buy a licence :)...

I know phpBB removed the version for the very same reson but it doesn't work none the less as hackers can still find out the version number if they want...

Guest theorbo

Working fine for me (like THAT'S a surprise). I had no problems at all with the first 3.0.7 upgrade, nor with the pl1 changes, nor with the entire 3.0.7 pl1 distro.

I also, btw, don't have a problem with phpBB, aikdo. And none of my installs have the version numbers obvious. But that's because I hack the crap out of it (I feel entitled, I've been using the damn thing since it was 0.9....) I'll be dropping all my fora that are on it pretty soon though (migrating to wordpress with a forum plugin).

Guest sunshine

Why are you still using 3.0.6 if 3.0.7-pl1 is the most stable? why not upgrade to the latest?

uhh, Demolition49, that's an old post written Dec 10th before the pl1 :)

:)