Gateway Discussion

markscarts

"PayPal" and "PayPal Pro" - actually the distinction should be, "PayPal (Standard and IPN)" and "PayPal Pro (Direct Payment/Express Checkout)"

PayPal Standard & IPN -

Initial Setup Cost: $0

Monthly Fee: $0

Sale Percentage Cut: ? Credit Card fees, not sure of entire fee structure

Countries: Worldwide

Notes: Currencies presently accepted are AUD, USD, GBP, CAD, EUR, JPY

Issues: Aware of none if configured correctly

Guest sunshine

Yeah, maybe the Moderators will delete this poll if you redo it to include all. PM one of the and ask. I'll post my reply when the list is complete.

Guest sunshine

Good Thinking :wacko: Nice to know you can do more than program :wacko:

I voted. It's a given everyone loves paypal for the low fees, etc. so my vote includes what I've chosen to use with my CC v3 cart. My decision is based on their company standards and DO they actually stand up to it, convenience as in worldwide use and security-all customer card info stored on their site for me to manage. Features all credit cards, management, gift cards, invoice/receipts, sec, plus.

Guest sunshine

BTW Got LinkPoint with CardServicesInternational. That will be as safe as I can get it. Card Service International handles a number good size retailers.

Guest estelle

Yunus, Only one currency is ever used for the final payment, and this is your default currency. If you want to use PayPal, it is probably best if you set US dollars as your default (primary) currency, and if you do this you will need to change *all* your prices to reflect this. The base price for all your products & shipping will need to be the correct amount in US dollars.

Also, it is probably best to switch to US dollars if you want to use PayPal, because PayPal charge a 2% foreign exchange fee. So if your prices weren't in USD, you would be charged this fee when receiving money as PayPal would need to convert from INR to USD.

This thread is going to get *really huge* if everyone adds to it with gateway issues. Those posts are quite useful but belong elsewhere :D

IMHO, this thread should be reserved for comments, additions and corrections to the "gateway master list" (the first part of this thread) only.

How do we handle posts that dont belong in this thread ? (I suggest moving them to a seperate thread and or deleting them from this thread.

Who would be responsible for doing that? Any moderators want to volunteer ? :huh:

Soon we will have a new section in the General Discussion Forum entitled Gateway Discussion. This will happen after version 3.06 is released so until then please post all gateway related discussions here. We will then move it to the new forum.

Yunus, Only one currency is ever used for the final payment, and this is your default currency.  If you want to use PayPal, it is probably best if you set US dollars as your default (primary) currency, and if you do this you will need to change *all* your prices to reflect this.  The base price for all your products & shipping will need to be the correct amount in US dollars.

Also, it is probably best to switch to US dollars if you want to use PayPal, because PayPal charge a 2% foreign exchange fee.  So if your prices weren't in USD, you would be charged this fee when receiving money as PayPal would need to convert from INR to USD.

Estelle B)

Thanks for the reply.

My problem is all my products have prices in INR and the shipping rates are also calculated in INR. I will have to convert all the product's prices and the shipping manually and then update the same at store accordingly. Product prices & shipping are NOT changed often but the conversion rate INR to US$ changes daily. ( I know there is a Currency updater for CC) but I m not sure if it can also update the shipping rates.

Paypal don't accept INR so the checkout amount is tobe in USD, but what I want to have is> all the product prices and shipping charges are INR *BUT* at the time of checkout the default currency should be the one selected in "General Settings" (which is tobe a converted currency) as It will save me with the above problem.

I can't save the Paypal fee as I have business account, they charge 2.4% + $0.30 USD to 3.4% + $0.30 USD :huh: and in my case it is opposite as u said, for India they do not send Withdrawal in USD even I have the default as USD, as they will convert it to INR and send a check to me, so there must be some conversion charges too, plus we have to pay US$ 5 per Withdrawal.

I don't think this is something can't be done, there must be a solution to it :P

Yunus