Working E-Mail Tetimonial with 3.0.6!!!

Guest Andrew T.

Guest Andrew T.

I've seen alot of requests for someone to post a success story so I'm doing that. I hope it helps someone.

I have a cpanel/WHM web-hosting account with a dedicated static IP address with cpanel 10.8.1 R-30 and the typical versions of MySQL, PHP etc...

After lots of reading and question asking, here's what I got:

I did a completly manual install of CC 3.0.6.

I made one test product under the default test category and set the stock level at 5.

Then I made a test payment gateway using 2co but with no valid data, like account numbers or anything. Just used that one for grins even though when this goes likve I'll use PayPal Pro.

Then I added two test products to the cart, checked out and made a test user with an e-mail addy that I can check.

I got all the way through and all was fine. Right before I went into the page where it transferred to 2co's systems, I got an e-mail at the Admin address saying just what it should: all the order info. At the same time, the customer got nothing, which I have come to find out is NORMAL!!!!!!

Then, it transferred to 2co's systems but it said it wasn't a valid action, which was OK because it wasn't. :-D

Then I went into administration and manually changed the order status to PROCESSING but DID NOT notify the user.

Then, after saving changes, I clicked on the link on the top of the resulting page to make an invoice or send links for digital products.

I made no changes on that page, but just scrolled down to the bottom and saved those changes.

And then, like it should, the customer got a complete and detailed e-mail.

All works out in the end. Thanks to all who answered all my questions, and I just hope that this little testimonial will assist someone else successfully get a perfectly functional installation of CC.

Good Luck All!!!!