Tell a friend is not working

Guest vrakas

I managed to upgrade the CC3.05 to 3.06 and re-done some mods i needed that had been changed.

Prior to upgrading the "Tell a Friend" was working now it does not work :(

Any suggestions? :blink:

FYI:

I've done a fresh install of V6 and it does send mail using Tell a friend!

Hope you get it working!

My advice is you guys & gals with live sites is Restore your sites to a test site etc...! Then try upgrades before you make changes to your live site!

:blink:

FYI:

Hope you get it working!

My advice is you guys & gals with live sites is Restore your sites to a test site etc...! Then try upgrades before you make changes to your live site!

:blink:

The key word is "fresh installation" mine is an upgrade, minor diference :(

Thanks for your advise but we do always make backups and we do test on one of our sites prior to any of our clients. :)

Thanks for your concern. :o

FYI:

Hope you get it working!

:(

The key word is "fresh installation" mine is an upgrade, minor diference ;)

Thanks for your advise but we do always make backups and we do test on one of our sites prior to any of our clients. :)

Thanks for your concern. ;)

My concern was pointing out not just to yourself but everyone not to follow your apparent lead in upgrading before testing! And for info that a fresh install works so that almost anyone reading between the lines could work out that this possibly meant a problem with upgrading!

Sorry I dented your ego. Amazing!

;)

@Jabba

not to follow your apparent lead in upgrading before testing!

I suggest you read more threads prior to posting suggestions on what people should and should not do or have and have not done. ;)

almost anyone reading between the lines could work out that this possibly meant a problem with upgrading!

If there is such a matter then other posters usually post that they also have the same problem.

This is your second reply to this thread that i have not seen any usefull information on what could solve this specific problem and i beleive my question was very clear ;)

If you have any suggestion on how to correct the problem please feel free to post it here. :(

If you just wish to be even more personal and analyze my dented ego etc ;) you can PM me.

The code for tell a friend hasn't changed as far as I know. :-/

Do all other email functionalities work?

It could be so many things.

- Typo on the recipient email address.

- Delay in mail server.

- Not taken backup properly... (That one was a joke)

The demo store works and that was an upgrade from 3.0.5 - 3.0.6.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Thanks brooky for your reply,

i have even added a contact us form later and it works fine.

Delay, i dont think its that as i done it since yesterday.

Typo mistake, i tryed many times :(

I will PM the URL of the store so you can see and test if you wish.

As with all my clients, this one also has been registered :)

If any other suggestions to solve this, they are welcome, please no comments :)

PS: When i send to my local email (where the domain is hosted - .com.cy) [email protected] it arrives but not to the ordinary [email protected] ;)

;) I have a client having issues with this too here is the error message

Warning: fsockopen(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/crystalf/public_html/classes/smtp.php on line 87

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to [email protected]:25 in /home/crystalf/public_html/classes/smtp.php on line 87

Any ideas anyone?

;) read the bloody error Gary, it is the clients off domain email playing up.

note to self: Read error messages properly next time before posting in the foum and making a *** of yourself :)

Guest sunshine

Hi Vrakas,

Have you checked the includes/content/telleafriend? Also check classes/mimepart as well as classes/htmlmimemail. I tried mine yesterday and it worked but I'm have a problem with the FKEditor.

Hi Vrakas,

Sorry I've not got back to you sooner. As you can imagine with these server issues I've been under stress.

I never got an email either when I tried the URL you sent me. What is so difficult with this is that every email the site sends is sent using the same htmlmimemail class in th class directory.

Try debugging the code to make sure it has all the correct info.

echo $_POST['fromEmail']; exit;

etc.

So firstly we can make sure all the variables are there.

Thanks brooky for your reply, its the result that counts :)

I will try this and let you know B)

PS: what happens if i replace the includes/content/telleafriend, classes/mimepart as well as classes/htmlmimemail with ones from the original 3.06 folder? :w00t:

Is something writen to them when the CC is originally setup or upgraded? */*

I would also like to explain what the problem was but it was convict that found and fixed it :whistle:

I gave him full access to the site's FTP and he messed around in there and done it */*

I only know it had something to do with PHP version installed on the hosting server ;)

OK */*

That was a sendmail issue - unaccepted -f switch used in htmlMimeMail.php class.

But PHP return code of mail command have always been about as if mail has been sent LOL.

Seems to be some hosting companies have used the Mail-Send perl module to open a connection with sendmail. Fortunately there is a header/config equivalent to this -f flag and i have used it. :whistle: