Flat rate shipping

Hi

I have a client who wants to configure two different flat rates for shipping - the first rate for any order from a "National" country and the second for any "International" order.

I cant see any way of doing this either in the flat rate module (which is very basic) or by using any of the other shipping modules - does anyone have any ideas about how this could be done ?

The obvious way would be for the flat rate module to be changed to allow a list of National, International and Excluded countries as in the category module.

Thanks

Ian

Guest Frustrated Father

Look under the uploads/mods section of the site, it was added a couple of days ago. Also, there is a thread that talks about this that is about a week old or so.

Hi and thanks for your reply. This is exactly what I wanted and must have just missed it as I looked through the mods a day or so before this one was added.

However, unfortunately it doesnt work!

It is easy to setup and configure and I have double checked it but with this new shipping method (Zone_rate) as the only configured one, I am getting the following error message :

No shipping method setup for your country. Please contact us to see if we can make an alternative arrangement.

Has anyone else used this mod and got it to work /

Thanks

Ian

bump !

Has anyone installed this please - it is such a small mod but is exactly what I need for my site but still cant get it working even though I have looked at it and also re-installed it again.

I have a fresh 3.0.6 install that I put this into so cant understand what is going on

Thanks

Ian

Guest Frustrated Father

The only thing I can think of is that you don't have the zones configured properly. This is really easy to install and I'm REALLY dense when it comes to this sort of stuff so I feel if I could figure it, it is easy.

:w00t:

I'm assuming you added the table to the database, etc ..

In the zones, I initially made a mistake for shipping in the US and listed every damn state insted of simply putting US. Here are how I have my two zones configured.

Zone 1 Countries: US

Zone 1 Shipping Rate: 3.50

Zone 2 Countries: AS, AU, AT, BS, BE, BM, BA, BR, IO, BG, CA, CN, CZ, DK, DO, EC, EG, FI, FR, GE, DE, GR, GL, HK, IS, IN, IE, IL, IT, JP, MX, NL, AN, NC, NZ, NO, PA, PH, PL, RO, RU, SG, ES, SE, CH, UM, VG, VI, UK, GB

Zone 2 Shipping Rate: 5.25

... etc

• 2 months later...

"BUMP"

Has eneybody got this mod to work? I am running CubeCart 3.0.7-pl1 and get the same error

"No shipping method setup for your country. Please contact

> us to see if we can make an alternative arrangement.\"

I had the same problem.

I believe it's set up to work with weight.

I put 1:5.00 (for $5.00) and it worked fine...but I'm only doing flat rate, and haven't entered any weight amounts on my products.

"BUMP"

Has eneybody got this mod to work? I am running CubeCart 3.0.7-pl1 and get the same error

"No shipping method setup for your country. Please contact

> us to see if we can make an alternative arrangement.\"

I have used this mod on a V3.0.7pl1 store and got it to work no probs

it set up to

uk = £2.50

international = £3.50

and with a bit of work by Aikdo (thanks dude) it also offers free shipping now on orders over £50

pm me if you want me to fix for you