UPS - 3.0.6 Fix

Al Brookbanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest global777

Hello! Not to beat up a dead horse...but...I am NEW to CubeCart, and I really like it, very much!

However, I seem to be having trouble with the UPS shipping module. I did replace the calc.php with the

file in this forum as instructed, but, when I do a test order to a location in Canada,

and go to check out, I get:

Warning: fopen(http://www.ups.com/using/services/rave/qcostcgi.cgi?accept_UPS_license

_agreement=yes&10_action=3&13_product=3DS&14_origCountry=US&15_origPostal=

45066&19_destPostal=T6G2E1&22_destCountry=CA&23_weight=15&47_rateChart=Regular+

Daily+Pickup&48_container=00&49_residential=1) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Bad request</TITLE></HEAD> in /home/global77/public_html/store/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php on line 175

Warning: feof(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/global77/public_html/store/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php on line 176

Warning: feof(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/global77/public_html/store/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php on line 177

(And this 2nd warning repeats itself for eternity)

Any ideas on what I can do to fix?

THANKS!!!

J.D.

[uPDATE: This was my fault...dummy-me tried to install this fix on version 3.0.5. Once I upgraded it worked fine, except for the pricing issues]

Guest global777

OK, I just upgraded to 3.0.7-pl1, and I also installed the calc.php file found in another post regarding the UPS shipping prices.

However, when I do a test check out, the price for shipping STILL comes up well short of the price I get from logging into my UPS account and getting a quote.

I did a shipment of 1.5 lbs. from zip code 45066 (my location) to 80004 (near Denver). Upon checkout, the shipping is $6.88 for UPS Ground. However, the UPS quote is $8.90.

I did several domestic tests, all coming up short of the actual UPS price.

This only appears to be an issue with domestic shipping, as I did a test for a Canadien address, and the quotes matched perfectly.

ALSO:

My issue with USPS is that when a customer of mine from Canada orders a book, they are presented with EVERY USPS shipping option possible, INCLUDING "AirMail Letter-Post" ...which is IMPOSSIBLE for me to send a book in a regular business envelope!!!!

Also, a domestic customer is presented with 2 options of "Flat Rate Priority Mail Box" (2 different sizes). It should just say simply "Flat Rate Box" with no options of sizes...they don't know what size of a box to select!

Fixes?

Thanks, J.D.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stephen

JD

Air Mail Letter Post takes a package with a total Length+Width+Height of less than 36 inches. (This is NOT the typical girth+length measurement for regular parcel post or express). The same measurement holds. Air Mail (and Economy) Letter Posts only other requirement is a weight of less than 4 LBS. The "catch" on this method is there is NO insurance available, but in over 1200 packages sent LY via this means, only one allegedly didn't reach it destination. FYI, Stephen

OK, I just upgraded to 3.0.7-pl1, and I also installed the calc.php file found in another post regarding the UPS shipping prices.

However, when I do a test check out, the price for shipping STILL comes up well short of the price I get from logging into my UPS account and getting a quote.

I did a shipment of 1.5 lbs. from zip code 45066 (my location) to 80004 (near Denver). Upon checkout, the shipping is $6.88 for UPS Ground. However, the UPS quote is $8.90.

This only appears to be an issue with domestic shipping, as I did a test for a Canadien address, and the quotes matched perfectly.

ALSO:

My issue with USPS is that when a customer of mine from Canada orders a book, they are presented with EVERY USPS shipping option possible, INCLUDING "AirMail Letter-Post" ...which is IMPOSSIBLE for me to send a book in a regular business envelope!!!!

Also, a domestic customer is presented with 2 options of "Flat Rate Priority Mail Box" (2 different sizes). It should just say simply "Flat Rate Box" with no options of sizes...they don't know what size of a box to select!

Fixes?

Thanks, J.D.

Guest anakin827

JD

Air Mail Letter Post takes a package with a total Length+Width+Height of less than 36 inches. (This is NOT the typical girth+length measurement for regular parcel post or express). The same measurement holds. Air Mail (and Economy) Letter Posts only other requirement is a weight of less than 4 LBS. The "catch" on this method is there is NO insurance available, but in over 1200 packages sent LY via this means, only one allegedly didn't reach it destination. FYI, Stephen

ALSO:

Fixes?

Thanks, J.D.

I just tried this fix as well and nothing is working, please help.

• 1 month later...
Guest Beachbum

I have tried the update no help still get:

"Sorry No shipping method setup for your country. Please contact us to see if we can make an alternative arrangement."

the country codes is correct - customer code correct

any help!

(v3.08 upgraded to 3.09)

I think the problem I was having with the ups is no wt. for product:

So, actually needed to add handling fee to percentage followed the advise regarding handling fee and changed line of percent module calc.php

$sum = sprintf("%.2f",$subTotal * (($module['percent'])/100))+7.50;

thus adding a min fee of $7.50 plus whatever % you need (by adding percentage in admin mode) - I think this will work for me. (most percent fees average around 15% so 10-12% plus min handling should work).

Guest Windberg

I just dealt with this issue yesterday; I don't know if it is the same cause or not, but, in the shipping zip field, make sure that the customer does not use the +4 part of the zip. Only use the first five digits of the zip. Not really a fix, but at least you can inform your customer not to use that in their customer profile.

Michael

I receive this messsage with no matter what shipping options I use:

"sorry we cannot ship to your country"

Please help.

Thanks.