Article Site - Free...

Guest aikdo

Are you a fan of CC, or maybe ZenCart, or maybe OSCommerce... My Article Site @ http://www.cezz.co.uk/Articles is all about these carts and new coders starting off...

We all want to help the noobs at coding into the fabulos world that is Cubecart and all it can teach us, but fairs fair i have also added the other carts for comparison...

Please all Go Give your opinion/story about CC, or maybe add a snipit of code... Or Just Advertise your website...

But no matter what you do add your website link at the bottom in the following format

<a href="http://www.yoursite.com/" target="_blank">Name of your site</a>

This will send masses of trafic your way and will give google and other Search engines what they want lots of content... whats better than that???

Edited by aikdo

:angry: :):lol:

Ha Ha Ha Seems familar I'm sure I seen this somewhere else :P

aikdo:

but im planning on making this an OSD (open sorce directory) there is not much you can do in terms of altering the article dashbord

But as you can see you are using exactly the same as me, doing exactly the same as me and trying to say its a

central database...
on your website meaning it will only affect your rankings not everyone else's

Which my friend is why im offering the entire database to cubecarters for free. So they get the true benefit, all i'm doing is getting it filled up before i distribute to everyone save time and hassl elater updating everyone.

Jeez try and help peeps and some1 just gotta jump on the bandwagon B)

No no im building up the database then anyone can direct their sites to the same database, im sure you will all belive this then means the results are EVERYWHERE as search engines do not look at where data is comming from IE a database, XML File ect...

I am offfering the same as you but its going to advance... What diffrence does it make if two if us have the same article site... Im also creating a Directory Site... And a Search Engine... Just wanted to get the article site up there first...

BTW all the director site + Search Engines Results are again going to be Free to SPAWN they will all me readily available in XML format aswell as a nice anonomous access to the database...

So i am sorry if you think im taking your fire here Homer, but all im mearly doing is offering another site that does the same...

Simply yes, but this way every web master who does this can allow users to add their articles and it will be spawned accross all the other users of the one database... Thus allowing everyone to have a diffrent looking site (throught the skinning) but meaning that the links will all be pointing to each other, everyone who would impliment it on their site would be automaticaly sending links to all the other users of the database and vice versor...

That would be the option for the database feed...

The XML feed will Only show the articals and not allow others to edit/add more, but this will mean that there will be NO need to install artical dashboard on their site then... And additions can then be made to only their site...

I hope this will kick off with alot of you as it will allow us all at cubecart to boost our carts rank...

========================================================

As you can see it is the general intrest im am tring to boost and not just my own site...

========================================================

Hmmm . . .

I think I'll start one too . . .

Maybe Roban will start his own, too . . .

In fact, wouldn't it be great if everybody on the web would start their very own article dashboard? :sourcerer:

JK you kids are too funny :sourcerer:

I'll be glad to submit articles, help you guys out. And I'm glad to get the links back :sourcerer:

Have you checked you can do this? I'm not trying to dampen your idea here but I had the same idea and couldnt see a way round this.

The problem I had was finding a way to change the config details to point to new database as you said in other post its encrypted and cant be altered.

How do you propose to get round that?

Maybe we could bash heads together on this and try to resolve. Cos of yet the only way I see possible is my way and then duplicating it. Unless you go with the rss feed which I dont see the benefoit of.

If you wanna talk this thru why not hook me up on msn?

This is catching me at the moment, but every means has a way around it......

With all my sites i think im just going to create artical Dashboard and just direct the full site at the database, this way will give the articles and as it doesn't bother me if the configs the same...

This is a trcky one and if worst come to the worst i will simply create a new peice of software that will impliment the database...

I understand coders encripting their stuff but it does bug me in times...

NM we will find a way... And i would be intrested in sharing the articles with you EvilHommer...

Im afraid you cant do that either aikdo when you install article dashboard it installs a fresh databse so if you tell it where to go it will simply either kick up duplicate errors or delete your entire database.

I suggest you look into this further hence my post saying i been working on this and researching for past 6 months + .

Im trying to find a way to simply export articles and categories from one and import into another.

For that reson all you need to do is take the already setup files and transfur them... Forget about the installation and simply upload all the exsisting files...

cant simply upload the files as the script is written so the url is in files so the site would not display properly as it would be trying to pull files from ur site so all would be the same

i mean templates etc...

Trust me I have looked into this big stylie

If you can come up with a separate script that may work if u can get past the encrypted files let me know how u get on. But I think your fighting a losing battle

Another script would be easy its just calling the feilds from the database... i would never try and get past the encription becuase its encripted for a reson...

But in my personal oppinon No battle is a lossing battle...

Its nice to read your comments on this subject but i wouldnt be suprised if someone else appears with a total solution and working lol :sourcerer:

Lets see who is going to manage it at the end, i am courius :sourcerer:

Well done to both of you :sourcerer:

Im not give up the battle just wanted to get the database filled as i stated in earlier post about the two of us joining forces to overcome this as this way is easier and will save every one a lot of time. And a great way to help all at cc so wot do u say aikdo wanna bang heads together on this? :sourcerer:

Just cos my name says evil i'm really a nice kind man some of the time neways lmao :sourcerer:

Yea sure bro, :P...

I have thought about one other possability, the site path, database feilds ect are all kept in one file it is as simple as finding that file in my opinion... from there can create a seporate installation file...

Aditionaly, have you considered an XML feed from your database that can call all the articles from your database into an XML file and other sites can do the same respectivly, setting the script to create the XML file as a cron job would mean everyone would stay upto date...

Yea considered that for a bit but i think your idea if we can pull it off will be better.

1 central database sounds alot easier.

So we need to just find that file and adjust it yeah should work then?

Wot about the admin side of things would there be only 1 admin user :P confusing myself now how would that work

Admin would control authors and articles on database bu then everyone needs access to

set up templates.

Would the answer be set your article site up then when its finished we replace file linking to my central database and voila 200+ and growing articles already in less than a week :)

:) Oh well back to the drawing board and submitting my articles all over the place.

You dont have to use the admin control panel to alter the template files, all the respective files are in files... You can just edit their templates like normal.

Yes unforchinately the way it is writen there can only be one admin, but this would then be just like the DMOZ project where everyone can access the database files everyone can add articles but it would be up to a small group of us to maintain the site, accepting denying or editing post...

Basicaly we would have to be a small group of moderators using the same admin username and password...

Finding that one file is proving alot harder than i thought... Surely they wouldn't encript such a basic file???

Posted earlyer: Sorry to interupt but i think its better if you continue this with PM or email.

This started as a promotion but it has taken another track :P

@evilhomer: You can move it to general discussion if you wish. :)

Edited by aikdo

Sorry you posted while i was writing... :)...

Can i sugest to you hommer that it gets moved... i have a terible habbit of not reading my PM's and think it would be good to keep this open possibly get the feedback off others aswell...

Thankyou... Evilhomer i have posted a request to the creators of the script for the location of that particular file but i am finding that they are a little hostile...

Looks like we are on our own to work our way through the files and find it...

It should be a simple file just like global.inc.php in cubecart... but for the life of me i cant find it...

Surely they have not encripted such a basic file...

I Got the file... its called setup.php located in the root irectory of the artical install...

includes the following...

<?

$base_path       = "/root/to/Articles";

$base_url        = "http://www.cezz.co.uk/Articles";

$admin_path      = "/root/to/Articles/admin";

$admin_url       = "http://www.cezz.co.uk/Articles/admin";

$dbhost          = "localhost";

$dbuser          = "cezz72b_Cezz";

$dbpasswd        = "******";

$dbname          = "cezz72b_Art";

$table_prefix    = "Articles2_";

?>

This is great, I can release a version of this that looks to the central database tomorrow now...

Anyone that is intrested please post here, lets start with Max10 sites...

EDIT:...

Please note all i will be realeasing a maximum of 10 to begin with, each will have an individual dbuser and password, this will simply be for my own security to start off... please if your intrested post a message here...

For clarification what i am offering you all is free access to a central database of articals, visitors to your site can view and add to this collection as can visitors to all the other sites out there... This is in the effort to help you cubecart users to bump up your SEO by giving google and other search engines the Content it wants...

Ok u can count me in :)

well done on finding the file do you wanna link to my database as its up and running?

I have 12 authors and over 200 articles now and i submitted a new article today to over 1000 article directories.