wysiwyg/page editor help!

Guest RickyMonet

Guest RickyMonet

The wysiwiyg page editor for my cube cart is gone or is not working can anyone help me find it again? It is no longer there for editing the homepage, site documents and products pages.

I hope this isn't a dumb question but I hate typing and reading HTML when adding items to my store.

Thanks

Rick

Guest RickyMonet

Thanks

There is no toggle

This is all it says at the top of the homepage document when I edit....

Please use the rich text editor below to add or edit site documents in other languages.

It was working fine then just disapered one day.

I auto upgraded today and still no wysiwyg editor

Guest RickyMonet

I found the editor files under this directory

admin/includes/rte

and

admin/includes/rte/editor

is this the right directory or did I move something

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

I found the editor files under this directory

admin/includes/rte

and

admin/includes/rte/editor

is this the right directory or did I move something

Thanks

Did you ever find out what happened to the editor? ;) I have the same problem. ;)

-Puppy

• 5 months later...
Guest flight326

i had the exact same problem with my editor - i followed the advice of re-uploading the rte folder... no joy; still does not work as no change occured.

if anyone finds a fix, please advise... thanks in advance!

Dan

Guest gemefx

i had the exact same problem with my editor - i followed the advice of re-uploading the rte folder... no joy; still does not work as no change occured.

if anyone finds a fix, please advise... thanks in advance!

Dan

Editor works in IE not gecko browsers like Mozilla.

Hi Guys

I'm having a similar problem, the rich text editor works fine with my version of IE6; it also works fine with my version (latest) of Firefox. It won't work when my for my client when they use IE6 - a big problem.

I reckon it's likely that the problem stems from security settings within individual browsers, maybe those with Javascript disabled for example. Am I talking any sense here or complete rubbish? Does anyone know how the rich text editor works, does it use Javascript or another language?

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Martin

Hi Ansuk

Thanks for confirming that. Only problem now is how to reconfigure my client's IE6 with 5 years of 'official' security patches, upgrades, hacks etc...

Cheers

Martin

Guest flight326

Your help is tremendous, however, the problem is that we have been using the RTE with Firefox for some time now and suddenly is not working... Javascript IS enabled in both browsers as I have meticulously gone through to ensure all security settings are correct.

The thing that blows my mind is why it all in a sudden stopped... no changes, updates, etc... just stopped. java script:emoticon(';)', 'smid_32')

;)

Any thoughts or is everyone as confused as I?

Thanks! Dan

• 4 months later...

Hi All I am now getting the same problem Its new site ( i have used older versions of CC ie 3.09 up etc) and now i am making a new site with the 3.13 CC

all the others sites show the FCK editor and icons to use to edit if needed but in the new version of CC 3.13 i can not click on the below white space area to add site doc information??

any help please thanks