Product Attributes Not Displaying

I have a clean and fresh install of CC 3.06 and there were no problems during the install. Here is my problem.......

I have 5 products with 12 options........with a ton of option values. When I start to assign option values on the bottom of the screen for product options I add the value that I want with no problems. The listing for option attribute does not show as I add option values.

Any Ideas?

Same Problem

When editing or removing items in "product options" some attributes show others not :-(

Takes a wild guess every now and then to remove sold items .

Solution anyone?

screendump attached.

@ labbybear: Dito.

Tried to change change the options, but it seems that it does this random. :P There is no logic in this..... Anyone PLS. Estelle can you do some of your magic stuff :)

:P found a way to reproduce the problem B)

I'm from Holland and my native language isn't English, but I will do my best. . .

Display of product options is relative to the optionscreen in the rightside top corner. e.g. depends on witch options are displayed in the screen. If you select the correct screen in the right-top side all your options are displayed. Those amoung us who have more than 10 options must all be having this problem :)

This is not a solution, but might be a step in the right direction ?

This is how it was built if you look again there is a pagination above the top right hand box this brings up the rest of the options then you will find that the ones that are currently not there will be there and the one that are there wont be...

the products options page does need ALOT of work it hasn't been the easies thing to use ever... but its not so much a bug but the way it has been built...

I have posted about this numorus times now...

Guest estelle

The Product Options functionality does have usability issues, and that is something that I'm sure Brooky will fix over time.

In the meantime, if a Bug Report was logged for this error where the values are not displayed, I'm sure Brooky would fix it a.s.a.p. (In fact every time I have logged a Bug Report it has been fixed in the very next version). But if no one logs a Bug Report, Brooky isn't going to know about it because he's way too busy to be able to monitor these forums.

So labbybear, if you have the time to log a quick Bug Report, please do :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried dozens of things with no luck. It appears to be core to the way the page is built. It is cueing the displayed option attributes by the pagination of the upper option attribute window. I'm a bit too much of a novice to break it down yet. I really need this fixed. If somebody gets it, please post immediately.

This doesn't solve that problem, but look at lines 356 & 357. There is a remark that is on the same line as a php out tag. It effectively voids it. It seems to me the out tag should be starting 357 or, better yet, that out and the next in tag can be removed altogether. There is no reason to pop out of php there.

They are all over the place. It doesn't seem to make a difference, but it looks strange.

• 2 weeks later...

I have come up with a workaround. It does the trick for me so far.

First copy the whole directory admin/products which I have called admin/products2

then edit admin/includes/navigation.inc.php

find <li><a <?php if(permission("products","write")==TRUE){ ?>href="<?php echo $GLOBALS['rootRel']; ?>admin/products/options.php" class="txtLink"<?php } else { echo $link401; } ?>><?php echo $lang['admin']['nav']['product_options'];?></a></li>

and insert in a new line below

<li><a <?php if(permission("products","write")==TRUE){ ?>href="<?php echo $GLOBALS['rootRel']; ?>admin/products2/options.php" class="txtLink"<?php } else { echo $link401; } ?>><?php echo $lang['admin']['nav']['product_options2'];?></a></li>

now edit admin/products2/options.php

find $optionsPerPage = 10;

$attributesPerPage = 10;

$existingOptionsPerPage = 10;

and replace the 10 with a larger number, I set mine to 1000 which works a treat.

finally edit language/en/lang.inc.php

find 'product_options' => "Product Options",

and insert below 'product_options2' => "Product Options (all)",

save and upload and enjoy, work a treat for me and as I am on broadband, it doesn't take more than 3 seconds for the screen to build up, now finally showing all options on a long screen but with all the values visible.

Hope this helps.

Peter

Guest meltingsand

I just came up with an alternate workaround which is perhaps less wieldy if you don't mind editing a little php code ...

1. Open file /admin/products/options.php

2. Look for this line:

$optionValues[$idKey] = $attributes[$i]['value_name'];

3. Comment out line like so:

//$optionValues[$idKey] = $attributes[$i]['value_name'];

4. Look for this line

$fullAttributes = $db->select($query);

5. Right after that add this:

for ($i=0; $i<count($fullAttributes); $i++){

$idKey = $fullAttributes[$i]['value_id'];

$optionValues[$idKey] = $fullAttributes[$i]['value_name'];

}

That should do it. Let me know if I forgot to put in some trivial detail that keeps it from working for you.

What I would like to see is a hack or fix to make sure you cannot assign invalid attribute/option combinations. For example you can currently select a product then an option like Size and assign it an attribute like Blue. If anyone has a way to improve that let me know.

Guest varanus

Peter,

You're a genius! This was the biggest pain for working in CubeCart and your fix worked like a charm...thanks so much!!

Phil

First copy the whole directory admin/products which I have called admin/products2

find <li><a <?php if(permission("products","write")==TRUE){ ?>href="<?php echo $GLOBALS['rootRel']; ?>admin/products/options.php" class="txtLink"<?php } else { echo $link401; } ?>><?php echo $lang['admin']['nav']['product_options'];?></a></li>

<li><a <?php if(permission("products","write")==TRUE){ ?>href="<?php echo $GLOBALS['rootRel']; ?>admin/products2/options.php" class="txtLink"<?php } else { echo $link401; } ?>><?php echo $lang['admin']['nav']['product_options2'];?></a></li>

$attributesPerPage = 10;

and replace the 10 with a larger number, I set mine to 1000 which works a treat.

save and upload and enjoy, work a treat for me and as I am on broadband, it doesn't take more than 3 seconds for the screen to build up, now finally showing all options on a long screen but with all the values visible.

Hope this helps.

Peter

Thank You Peter for your fix for this problem, it's sorted it a treat.

I'm amazed though. So many people were posting here with this problem, and posting what a big headache it was for them, yet only Varanus had the decency to say thank you.

One thing to point out to anybody editing the language/en/lang.inc.php file, the line that is being refered to is about line 1318 under $lang['admin']['nav'] = array and not as I first altered, line 818 under $lang['admin']['products'] = array as this causes the menu item not to show up in the Admin Panel.

Thanks again Peter for sorting out my headache, better than paracetamol. ;)

This worked perfectly for me. Thanks!!

angie

I just came up with an alternate workaround which is perhaps less wieldy if you don't mind editing a little php code ...

2. Look for this line:

4. Look for this line

}

That should do it. Let me know if I forgot to put in some trivial detail that keeps it from working for you.

What I would like to see is a hack or fix to make sure you cannot assign invalid attribute/option combinations. For example you can currently select a product then an option like Size and assign it an attribute like Blue. If anyone has a way to improve that let me know.

thanks loads - took 5 minutes to make changes and now all 1500 of my options on one page - saves having to spend hours scrolling through each page trying to find one option - ahhhhh

Guest shamrock

:wacko: Until now, I did not haven the chance to implement "the sollution" ,therefore I can now say ::

T H A N K S !! :sleep:

Works lika a charm.

rgrds, Rob

Sounds like a great fix, as I just started working on my new site last night, I noticed this problem. Looking forward to applying it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nyvagyrl

Worked great for me.

Thanks. :)

NyVa

$attributesPerPage = 10;

Hope this helps.

Peter

;) :(

• 1 month later...
Guest bstoltze

2. Look for this line:

4. Look for this line

}

This is THE fix. i tried the legthy one and got all sorts of errors. I inputted your code and I can now see what I need to see! Thanks VERY MUCH. Bob :D

You know since day 1 I have had this issue also and today I got fed up. I am trying the fixes and crossing my fingers :P

Glad I searched the forums before doing the ticket thing.

Thanks guys ;)