Your shopping cart is currently empty ERROR

I have just installed 3.0.4 (no upgrade, no SSL).

The ordering process was working one day and not the next, with no changes on my part, other than shipping options.

When trying to place order, get error: "Your shopping cart is currently empty."

Searched forum, but no answer.

Tried ordering at home and away and had others try to order - same thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Funny you are having this problem as I just came to post the same thing. I have been using CC2 and plan to change to CC3 so I was looking at the demo here. I tried adding the one product (the computer) to the cart and it shows the total in the box on the right but when I go to "view cart", it says nothing is there. I enabled cookies for the site and no difference.

I hope to see what the problem could be in your thread!

I'm in the process of upgrading from 3.0.2 to 3.0.5 and then 3.0.5 to 3.0.6 in hopes that this corrects the problem. I've started advertising and need to get my shop up.

Feel free to see if you can order: www.fidobakery.com

I hope someone has the solution or I'll have to go back to 2.0 or something.

The problem is your mutiple domains. It LOOKS like you're using www.fidobakery.com, but you're really running half the stuff through trinityconsulting.com/estore. That's just a bad idea because the cookies/sessions are PER DOMAIN. Pick a domain and setup everything on it. That will most likely take care of all your problems.

B)

Creative answer, but not the issue.

The store is located at: http://trinityconsulting.biz/estore

www.fidobakery.com simply points to the store in URL forwarding in stealth mode.

Try ordering from: http://trinityconsulting.biz/estore

Still same issue.

Hopefully someone will find an answer. Others are having the same issue.

By the way, I just finished upgrading to 3.0.6 - still happening.

In going to that address, I still jumped back and forth a few times between "trinityconsulting.biz" and "www.trinityconsulting.biz". This is a problem. You need to use ONE domain and ONE domain only if you want seamless operation of the cart software.

And, my answer was neither creative nor was it a guess. You have presented a problem. I have presented an answer. Setup real hosting, not "stealth" forwarded names and disappearing hostnames. Your world will be a much better place.

:)