"headers already sent" error on checkout?

Guest FugitiveToys

Guest FugitiveToys

I'm getting this error on checkout in my store:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fugitive/public_html/shop/modules/shipping/UPS/calc.php:86) in /home/fugitive/public_html/shop/includes/content/cart.inc.php on line 588

It gives me that error on step 4 of checkout...when you pick which shipping method you'd like.

Guest FugitiveToys

What version of CC? Have you made ANY changes to any files?

I'm using 3.0.6 and all I've modified are the templates. The error started AFTER I disabled free shipping. Which I just now noticed that if I re-enable free shipping the problem is solved...weird.

But since I don't offer free shipping...re-enabling that isn't really an option.

Guest Denver Dave

Just upgraded to 3.0.6 and getting similar error message. Please report back with ideas or if you solve and I'll do the same.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bayer/public_html/modules/shipping/UPS/calc.php:86) in /home/bayer/public_html/includes/content/cart.inc.php on line 588

In the past I think I've run into this when blank lines or spaces have been after a ?>

Code around 588:

// if no shipping is available show error

} elseif($shippingAvailable!==TRUE){

header("Location: cart.php?act=noShip");

exit;

}

Not sure why no shipping available - might be related to 3.0.6 shipping fix although message is different ??

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=13231

Like you if I enable free shipping the error goes away (perhaps because there is a shipping option)? Been burned with the UPS errors before in previous versions when the error messages do not reflect the real issue.

Yet to apply mods, trying vanila first.

Any help appreciated.

Guest Denver Dave

Open this file:

modules/shipping/UPS/calc.php

Go to the very end and remove any spaces or that occur after this: ?>

Interesting that when I do this I now get the "We cannot ship our products to your country." error that I "detest". Turning the free shipping option on in addition to UPS makes the country error go away. Not sure which error the headers or country happens first.

In our case we can turn free shipping on and have changed the description to "Pickup ($0.00)", but this may not be an option in other situations.

Guest estelle

Dave,

The "headers already sent" error is a show stopper. You don't ever want this error.

The "we cannot ship our products to your country" error sucks and its a damn lot harder to fix than the other error, but at least your moving forwards...

Estelle.

Guest Denver Dave

Thanks for the reply

The "we cannot ship our products to your country" error sucks and its a damn lot harder to fix than the other error
Definitely. In one situation the UPS weights and in another case the options were not setup correctly and I received this "country" error. By manually hacking and catching the actual error returned by UPS it was pretty obvious what the problems were and we easily corrected.

In this case, UPS might be OK since it works when free shipping is enabled. Still wonder if this is related to UPS - is everyone using 3.0.6 and UPS getting the country error if free shipping is not available? Does the error happen with other shipping such as USPS?

Perhaps this thread should be in the shipping forum section? - not sure.

Guest FugitiveToys

Thanks for the reply
The "we cannot ship our products to your country" error sucks and its a damn lot harder to fix than the other error
Definitely. In one situation the UPS weights and in another case the options were not setup correctly and I received this "country" error. By manually hacking and catching the actual error returned by UPS it was pretty obvious what the problems were and we easily corrected.

In this case, UPS might be OK since it works when free shipping is enabled. Still wonder if this is related to UPS - is everyone using 3.0.6 and UPS getting the country error if free shipping is not available? Does the error happen with other shipping such as USPS?

Perhaps this thread should be in the shipping forum section? - not sure.

How did you fix the "we cannot ship to your country" error? I'm now getting that.

Guest Denver Dave

This may not be the same error, but in a previous version, by manually catching the UPS error I determined that we had missed weights on a few items. After that the sipping method was not allowed for the type of container that we picked. The UPS error code returned was right on, unfortunately CC did not display it. In ther past, when the 2 above were corrected, UPS worked.

I think the 3.0.6 may be different, since enabling free shipping corrects the error.