Fixing the shipping to country problem tutorial

Guest djfox

I`ve discovered that for quite a while, there were no posts that showed how to fix the "No shipping available to your country" error when you submit an order. I had searched & searched but nothing was fixing the issue. Finally I fixed the problem on my own miracously. :P Since it was very frustrating trying to fix a problem that turns out to have a very simple solution, I decided to make an official post, or tutorial if you will, that shows you how to do it, so that hopefully you won`t have the same problem.

NO SHIPPING TO YOUR COUNTRY

======================

A nastey, annoying error

Now I haven`t tried for all the other options, I just used this for the shipping by weight option since that`s what I wanted to use for my store. So I don`t know if this will work for the options or not.

Ok, in your shipping area where you list the countries, you gotta put down their ISO code, not spell out the country. To find out what the ISO codes are for the countries, first go into your cart`s administrtaion area. Under Store Config, click Countries & Zones. A table will show up, showing the ID number, ISO, country name & other information. You use the ISO codes to list the countries in your shipping stuff. ISO3 doesn`t work, so be sure you`re getting down the right codes. ISO is the second column.

If there are countries you want to ship to, but they aren`t listed, you`ll have to add them in yourself. In that same page with Countries & Zones, there will be a "Add Country" section at the bottom of the table. You just fill in the necessary information.

While listing the countires in the countries box of the shipping, be sure to not use spaces between the codes & the comma. They should be listed as such:

"US,CA,JP," etc etc etc

Good luck. :)

• 2 months later...
Guest ausetkmt

I wish your fix from the link below worked for me,

but unfortunantly it's not workinggggggg..... */*

everytime I put in an order and attempt to do

the cart purchase - I get the message

"can't ship to your country?. why ??

the cart is in the us, and I'm shipping to the us..

what makes this happen ? I did the check up on

the country codes; and all that appears as you say

in the faq, but it still makes my orders unpayable/shippable.

Bahhhhhhhh Humbug !!! :errm:

I'd appreciate it if you could offer a little more wisdom

on the way to fix this error, which is making my cart

unusable. I've lost 8 orders so far - all the folks phoned

me or emailed me to let me know - and I'm grateful for that.

I sent them to my ebay shop, ;) (which I dread doing)

but until I get this fixed, my cart is basically not working;

and this is my only way to get orders, paid by paypal.

hope to hear from you on a resolution soon,

Thanks in Advance

~RE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here you can find answers to the most common questions, fixes to bug's and problems.

Please read the Forum Rules

More will be added in later stages so keep visiting this thread.

Cannot ship to your country

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ausetkmt

Vrakas,

The fix didn't work for me. :(

I eliminated all except us in the codes

and only set one shipping class

and It still won't work for me. :D

I sincerely hope you have another suggestion.

Thanks,

~RE

Thanks Much Vrakas,

I'm going to try my hand at the fix today.

Wish Me Luck,

Ciao

~RE

@ausetkmt

I have moved your post here :)

Guest ausetkmt

Hello

I tried your suggestion and it's not working for me, :)

regardless of what I do.

is it possible that I have to add the iso code for each state ? :D

please say it's not so,,

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Thanks

~RE

I`ve discovered that for quite a while, there were no posts that showed how to fix the "No shipping available to your country" error when you submit an order. I had searched & searched but nothing was fixing the issue. Finally I fixed the problem on my own miracously. :P Since it was very frustrating trying to fix a problem that turns out to have a very simple solution, I decided to make an official post, or tutorial if you will, that shows you how to do it, so that hopefully you won`t have the same problem.

NO SHIPPING TO YOUR COUNTRY

======================

A nastey, annoying error

Now I haven`t tried for all the other options, I just used this for the shipping by weight option since that`s what I wanted to use for my store. So I don`t know if this will work for the options or not.

Ok, in your shipping area where you list the countries, you gotta put down their ISO code, not spell out the country. To find out what the ISO codes are for the countries, first go into your cart`s administrtaion area. Under Store Config, click Countries & Zones. A table will show up, showing the ID number, ISO, country name & other information. You use the ISO codes to list the countries in your shipping stuff. ISO3 doesn`t work, so be sure you`re getting down the right codes. ISO is the second column.

If there are countries you want to ship to, but they aren`t listed, you`ll have to add them in yourself. In that same page with Countries & Zones, there will be a "Add Country" section at the bottom of the table. You just fill in the necessary information.

While listing the countires in the countries box of the shipping, be sure to not use spaces between the codes & the comma. They should be listed as such:

"US,CA,JP," etc etc etc

Good luck. :(

• 2 weeks later...