Shipping Method: %s",

'admin_email_body_2' => "\r\nCustomer comments: %s\r\n",

'admin_email_body_3' => "\r\n~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\r\n

Order Inventory:\r\n",

What am I missing?

Any ideas?

Thanks much in advance!

-Stv

You're lucky, I don't even receive an Admin email! I have Paypal ipn enabled and it automatically changed the customers order status to 'Processing' after payment was cleared by paypal I don't know if the customer got an email from my store, so I had to send a confirmation email manually.

It's one problem after another with cubecart, jeez!

Guest groovejuice

I had a similar problem and here's how it was resolved:

I've found one of the best ways to determine whether your email prefs are set up correctly is when the customer is redirected to the website from PayPal, if the message reflects 'successful transaction' or something to that effect, then the email is OK. I had the authentication set for 'yes' rather than 'no' and that was the problem.

Further, once I received the success message, no emails were being sent from CC to admin or the customer. I cleared temp files, cookies, cache, anything I could think of and rebooted. After the reboot, the emails began to be dispatched as hoped.

I cleared temp files, cookies, cache, anything I could think of and rebooted. After the reboot, the emails began to be dispatched as hoped.

Do you mean you rebooted your server?

Guest speak2stv

All,

I'm using CC 3.0.5, with postal order form (so no PayPal), bakery1.com.

Once a customer has ordered, I used to get a long email describing the user who ordered it. Now all I get is something that says there was an order (see initial post below).

Any ideas where the email verbiage is being called from so I can change it??? I can test with a dummy account.

Thanks again!!!

-Stv

Guest Denver Dave

You're lucky, I don't even receive an Admin email!
I'm confused about emails also and seem to be getting few if any emails to customer or admin since upgrading to 3.0.6 and the one that we received was blank.

Which seems strange because while maybe I was overlooking something, we were perfectly happy with the emails and they were working with 3.0.3 where emails were sent with content to everyone.

I tried to get a feel for what were common errors with 3.0.6 email and what might be unique to my installation with:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=14044

but so far, no replies.

Guest groovejuice

No, I didn't reboot the server, just the workstation. For some reason it worked to fix the problem. Can't explain it, but this is not the first time....

Guest estelle

I'm using CC 3.0.5, with postal order form (so no PayPal), bakery1.com.

Is this the same email problem that everyone was having with 3.0.5? For which Sir William wrote the email fix?

Try installing Sir Williams email fix...

You might also wanna install my "Print Order Form - Customer Email" mod, its a freebie on my site.

Guest Denver Dave

I tried rebooting the workstation - still empty admin emails. Yet out of maybe 8 tries (without rebooting) did get one admin email that had the proper contents. Don't know how, I was fiddling with turning on and off UPS, but can't seem to duplicate email with contents.

Anyone know what program generates the admin email? and where is it called from. Perhaps I can catch the data and work backwards to find the issue.

Is anyone else getting blank admin emails for initial purchase with 3.0.6? I've tried with both Foxfire 1.5 and I.E. 6 sp2 or is this unique to my situation?

My next plan is to do a new install rather than an update and see if the condition exists. I have made the database changes, but not applied the mods yet.

Tried old order form from 3.0.3 - no diff - still empty admin emails.

Guest speak2stv

Is this the same email problem that everyone was having with 3.0.5? For which Sir William wrote the email fix?

Try installing Sir Williams email fix...

You might also wanna install my "Print Order Form - Customer Email" mod, its a freebie on my site.

Thanks, Estelle!!!

I have already installed Sir William's email fix. Yesterday I redownloaded his files, and compared them line by line with what's on my server. Everything checked out.

I'll try installing your mod.

Thanks again!!! :(

-Stv

Guest estelle

No worries Stv, but please note that my mod doesn't have anything to do with Admin emails. Its only to do with Customer emails.

If you have already installed Sir William's patch then I'm not really sure what the problem could be... :(

Guest Denver Dave

OK part of the responsibility of being a forum participant is to report back when we resolve something, no matter how .... er.... ah .. silly the mistake.

estelle's info that includes/content/gateway.inc.php generates the email is all that I needed to track my empty admin email culprit down.

I thought I had the new 3.0.6 language file in use, but I obviously didn't. includes/content/gateway.inc.php calls a sprintf function which uses a

$text = sprintf($lang['front']['gateway']['admin_email_body_1'],

$cart_order_id, .....

Since 3.0.6 uses the new admin_email_body_1 in the language file as a formatting string and I didn't have this defined - php assumed nothing needed to be formatted in the admin email body. <sigh> Might look here if you have blank admin emails with 3.0.6 - now I understand a little more what people were saying.

Gosh - I think I'm ready to apply the mods to 3.0.6, but first check for any new interesting posts.

Thank you to everyone for your patience and help.

Boy, is this email thing broken, or what! This is the same whether 3.0.6 fresh install or upgrade.

Here's what I've noticed... (btw I use Paypal as my gateway.)

If a new customer orders from the store, registers and pays..

NO customer email on registering to store.

NO customer email with order confirmation from store.

NO admin email.

BUT if the customer has an account already set up and then orders...

Admin GETS email from store.

NO customer email with order confirmation from store.

NO auto return for customer to the store from paypal.

Stock level of store item isn't adjusted.

When customer returns (eventually) to the store, the item is still in their basket.

I've figured out a good system for manually sending the customers order emails, but I'm all out of ideas for how to send them their welcome email after registration with the store. Anyway here's my manual fix...

Customer email comes from Paypal to confirm payment of order.

On Order page, scroll down and change the order status WITHOUT notifying the customer of the change, then click to Save Order Status.

The page then changes to display a blue-coloured banner bearing the words...

"The status of this order has been changed successfully. At this stage you can send your customer an email invoice and access to download digital products. To do this Click Here"

You should then click the "click here" link. This action will then send the customer an email with your initial 'Thank you' and also mentions "The transaction was successful and we will ship your goods at the first possible opportunity "

After clicking the link mentioned in 4, the order page should have refreshed itself without the blue-coloured banner.

On Order page, scroll down and change the order status to what you had set in 3. but this time you SHOULD notify the customer of the change, then click to Save Order Status.

On subsequent order status changes, you should only need to do as you did in 6. to let your customer know of the changing status of their order.

I hope this helps!

Mick

• 7 months later...
Guest ProSam

I'm also having an issue with this and I believe it is a language problem.

I use the spanish language as the default and when an order is placed no email is sent to the customer but the admin receives the email the customer is supposed to receive.

I tested it by switching the language to english and placing a test order and the admin did receive the correcte email but the customer still did not get an email.

Why has this bug not been addressed? From my searches it seems like this is a common issue. But in none of those search results did I find a solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest ProSam

I'm also having an issue with this and I believe it is a language problem.

I use the spanish language as the default and when an order is placed no email is sent to the customer but the admin receives the email the customer is supposed to receive.

I tested it by switching the language to english and placing a test order and the admin did receive the correcte email but the customer still did not get an email.

Why has this bug not been addressed? From my searches it seems like this is a common issue. But in none of those search results did I find a solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Update. I should clarify to anybody that stumbles upon this thread my problem was not a problem at all. My testing included using the Print Order Form gateway and with this gateway the customer does not get an email. Estelle has developed a mod so it can be done and can be found in the cubecart.org forums.