Your shopping cart is currently empty.

Guest Denver Dave

Guest Denver Dave

Your shopping cart is currently empty.

Get this message after loging in, pressing the buy button, clicking on view cart, going through the view cart screens with items in the cart, selecting print order form. Do the process again and seems to work. Have had this happens several times, will try to determine if always does this after a clean start. CC 3.0.6 Firefox 1.5

Anyone else running into this?

Guest estelle

Dave.... the solution to this has been posted already! (Perhaps you should try a bit of reading in between the talking :(*/*)

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=13622

Also you might find this thread useful if you're interested in having emails sent to the customer when the Print Order Form is chosen:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....asket,and,empty

Estelle.

Guest Denver Dave

I do do a lot of reading and have already applied the:

include_once("../../../includes/sessionStart.inc.php");

Which allowed the print order form to display before the print dialog. The cart is empty is a different error where it only happens the first time through though and the print order form does not display at all.

Your point is well taken that a lot of reading is required to stay on top of the fixes for the current version which is a moving target. Perhaps, it would really help if we could have a "pinned" topic for the current version which lists the favorite fixes at the moment.

Thank you for your help.

==================

I did some more testing starting the browser, clearing cache and cookies

The cart is emplty issue requiring the double login seems to be limited to Firefox 1.5 and I.E. 6 does not have the problem.

This is different from the other display print dialog before print order form discussed elsewhere and fix provided as you indicated in that both I.E. and Firefox performed the same.

There may be a bug in Firefox 1.5 for logging in, seems like I've occassionally run into this with other applications. My client uses I.E. so they will not get the cart is empty issue, but some shop customers might use Firefox.

Guest estelle

Dave, it was just a poor attempt at a little humour, but I apologise if it was not taken as intended :wacko:

I definitely agree that a pinned topic for favourite fixes would be great!

I'm surprised you are still having problems with the print order form, since from everything that I have read it sounded like the inclusion of sessionStart.inc.php fixed everything.

In fact I have never heard of the "display print dialog before print order form" issue, and I did think the sessionStart.inc.php was discussed as the solution for "Your shopping cart is currently empty" (and the print order form not being displayed at all).

Guest Denver Dave

No offense taken and certainly while I try not to miss things, I've missed more than my share of fixes that slipped by me. The new form sections where Gateways are split out really help keep a focus and do research. Also, I've learned that I can't just stay away from the forums, let things settle and then jump in and expect to be up on the current version.

My suspicion is that the "empty cart" issue is a Firefox issue and has always been there in previous versions and I did not really nail it down until I was doing intense testing documenting each step for the empty admin emails.

The empty cart issue is probably minor for me since seems only to be Firefox and even those getting the event will just wonder like I did and do the transaction again thinking that they goofed or had an internet hicup or something. Most customers to our site use I.E. anyway

Really appreciate people doing mods participating in discussions - makes this forum great.