OSCommerce

Guest MikeRz

Guest MikeRz

Hi folks,

CubeCart looks very nice but it looks to me to be a copy of osCommerce, an open source shopping cart. I don't want to start a flaming session but isn't the copyright scheme of CubeCart in violation of the open source licensing of osCommerce? How does CubeCart differ from design or functionality of osCommerce? Please clarify.. Thanks..

--Mike

Guest MikeRz

Before I upset anyone, let me be the first to reply to my own post. I have just installed CubeCart and it installed without a hitch. After looking at some of the code I have come to the conclusion that although CubeCart might have got its inspiration from osCommerce, it is definitely better (so far) and runs a lot smoother. There are also many enhancements which were not in osCommerce.

--Mike

Hi,

I completely wrote CubeCart over ~7 months (with a dabble of help here and there from some kind people) and I have never even installed OSCommerce .. its a truely wonderful script I know but I couldn't be bothered to spend a good day learning how to install it! - Please dont think I disrespecting OSCommerce as it is a wonderful script.

I would say the only similarity between CubeCart and OSCommerce is that the product options functions in a similar manner 100% coded by me. Apart from that there is no likeness as far as I'm concerned.

I thought... why not make life easy and make a script that installs easily!

Feel free to compare the code and database and you will find it is 100% different.

I'm pleased you like this script its turned me grey and I'm only 23!! :P