Criticism Please

Guest Europa

Here

It's just been launched,

The site was intended to be as simple as possible as the vast majority of our client base wouldn't be used to shopping online.

Everytime I look at the site the more I can find wrong with it, I'm not sure if that is just me being overly critical or not :)

I would appreciate any constructive criticism that anyone can give.

Cheers

Oh and it's Live BTW

Very nice looking site, the banner is good quality but it is VERY slow loading the images, i dont know if you are using really high quality images and just setting their sizes to be smaller, if so i recomend reducing them alot...

Very nice.

I agree with EvilHomer, white text on yellow not easy to read.

The reason for the slow download is probably the small pictures at the bottom... for the physical size of images, the file sizes are huge. Each picture should be about 2k, but they are actually 25K each! sort this out, and the site will become lightning speed! :wub:

Thanks for the input :)

Yeah I know the page is slow and has been my main concern, it's a combination of a slow server and heavy graphics.

I have resized the graphics at the bottom, it was an oversight :(

The white text does blend in to the yellow too much, I changed it to black but that just ended up looking a little tacky. I might try a lighter shade of grey, so that it blends in and is not as "in your face" as the black but you don't have to strain your eyes as much as you have to with the white.

Thankyou heaps people,

The support on these forums and with the whole CC package is incredible, I've been seriously blown away by it all. Second to none!

You're all as cool as 10 Ninjas IMHO :D

The site seems alot better loading now much quicker...

I think if you enlarge the font or give it more of a weight then it will stand out a bit better alternatively darken the yellow a bit... <only slightly though>

Guest jbdancer

Indeed load time is much better now.

But would suggest another thing : change color for buy more buttons and the row collors, and the continue button in the cart :huh:

• 1 month later...