Set x_trans for AUTH_ONLY

KirkM

I have a client that sells hats, clothing, sports accessories, etc. here in the U.S. who is very concerned about the fact that the cart gateway (Authorize.net) is being told by CC3 default to Authorize and Capture for every transaction. He says it is illegal to charge before you are actually shipping the product. So if something is out of stock or requires any amount of time to get out the door, he is freaking out about the fact that the funds have been settled at the end of that day. He says he can't legally do that.

What I need to do is have CC3 send x_type = "AUTH_ONLY" instead of the default of x_type = "AUTH_CAPTURE". Then I guess I would have to have them log into their Authorize.net admin interface when shipping and do a "PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE" from there using the x_trans_id that is returned with the original authorization.

Any tips for doing this and also how to alter the transfer.php script to send as AUTH_ONLY properly would be appreciated. I am assuming I just put in an additional hidden html form element that is x_type = "AUTH_ONLY". I still need to work out how to retreive and store the x_trans_id returned from the gateway.

Thanks.

• 8 months later...

Guest trendyhats

I have a client that sells hats, clothing, sports accessories, etc. here in the U.S. who is very concerned about the fact that the cart gateway (Authorize.net) is being told by CC3 default to Authorize and Capture for every transaction. He says it is illegal to charge before you are actually shipping the product. So if something is out of stock or requires any amount of time to get out the door, he is freaking out about the fact that the funds have been settled at the end of that day. He says he can't legally do that.

What I need to do is have CC3 send x_type = "AUTH_ONLY" instead of the default of x_type = "AUTH_CAPTURE". Then I guess I would have to have them log into their Authorize.net admin interface when shipping and do a "PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE" from there using the x_trans_id that is returned with the original authorization.

Any tips for doing this and also how to alter the transfer.php script to send as AUTH_ONLY properly would be appreciated. I am assuming I just put in an additional hidden html form element that is x_type = "AUTH_ONLY". I still need to work out how to retreive and store the x_trans_id returned from the gateway.

Thanks.

Has anyone figured out a way to accomplish this? Would like to be able to go into authorize.net and manually approve of deny transactions. Is this possible?

Guest C & C Products Inc

Thanks.

Has anyone figured out a way to accomplish this? Would like to be able to go into authorize.net and manually approve of deny transactions. Is this possible?

Try adding the following line below the the one with x_type or modify it to this:

<input type='hidden' name='x_trans' value='Auth_Only' />

ccpro

Guest trendyhats

Thanks.

Try adding the following line below the the one with x_type or modify it to this:

ccpro

Thanks ill try that...did it work for you?

Guest trendyhats

Which line do i add this under. I dont see a line that says AUTH AND CAPTURE. And just to confirm what folder is this in and which file. The one im looking at says transfer.inc.

Guest C & C Products Inc

Thanks.

ccpro

Yes, when we went in to Authorize.net after submitting a transaction, we went to unsettled transactions and then clicked on the trans Id for that order and it was listed as Authorize Only. Also, the trans status said Authorized/Pending Capture.

ccpro

Guest trendyhats

Thanks.

ccpro

Yes, when we went in to Authorize.net after submitting a transaction, we went to unsettled transactions and then clicked on the trans Id for that order and it was listed as Authorize Only. Also, the trans status said Authorized/Pending Capture.

ccpro

Oh ok great. IM going to paste the file below. Let me know where this gets pasted in

im assuming its the transfer.inc file under the authorize gateway folder

let me know if you would thanks

<?php

/*

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------

| CubeCart v3.0.6

| ========================================

| by Alistair Brookbanks

| CubeCart is a Trade Mark of Devellion Limited

| © 2005 Devellion Limited

| Devellion Limited,

| Westfield Lodge,

| Westland Green,

| Little Hadham,

| Nr Ware, HERTS.

| SG11 2AL

| UNITED KINGDOM

| http://www.devellion.com

| UK Private Limited Company No. 5323904

| Web: http://www.cubecart.com

| Date: Friday, 15 July 2005

| Email: info (at) cubecart (dot) com

| License Type: CubeCart is NOT Open Source Software and Limitations Apply

| Licence Info: http://www.cubecart.com/site/faq/license.php

| transfer.php

| Core functions for the Authorize.Net Gateway

*/

/*

//////////////////////////

// AUTHORIZE.NET GATEWAY

// L@@K AT ALL THE LOVELY

// VARIABLES WE HAVE TO

// PLAY WITH!!

//////

// IN THE REPEATED REGION

//////

$orderInv['productId'] - product id as an integer

$orderInv['name'] - product name as a varchar

$orderInv['price'] - price of each product (inc options)

$orderInv['quantity'] - quantity of products as an integer

$orderInv['product_options'] - products attributes as test

$orderInv['productCode'] - product code as a varchar

$i - This is the current incremented integer starting at 0

/////////////////////////

// FIXED VARS

///////

$cart_order_id - cart order id as a varchar

$ccUserData[0]['email'] - Customers email address

$ccUserData[0]['title'] - Customers title (Mr Miss etc...)

$ccUserData[0]['firstName'] - Customers first name

$ccUserData[0]['lastName'] - Customers last name

$ccUserData[0]['add_1'] - Invoice Address line 1

$ccUserData[0]['add_2'] - Invoice Address line 1

$ccUserData[0]['town'] - Invoice Town or city

$ccUserData[0]['county'] - Invoice County or state

$ccUserData[0]['postcode'] - Invoice Post/Zip Code

$ccUserData[0]['country'] - Invoice country Id we can look up the country name like this

countryName($ccUserData[0]['country']);

$ccUserData[0]['phone'] - Contact phone no

$ccUserData[0]['mobile'] - Mobile/Cell phone number

$basket['delInf']['title'] - Delivery title (Mr Miss etc...)

$basket['delInf']['firstName'] - Delivery customers first name

$basket['delInf']['lastName'] - Delivery customers last name

$basket['delInf']['add_1'] - Delivery Address line 1

$basket['delInf']['add_2'] - Delivery Address line 1

$basket['delInf']['town'] - Delivery Town or city

$basket['delInf']['county'] - Delivery County or state

$basket['delInf']['postcode'] - Delivery Post/Zip Code

$basket['delInf']['country'] - Delivery country Id we can look up the country name like this

countryName($basket['delInf']['country']);

$basket['subTotal'] - Order Subtotal (exTax and Shipping)

$basket['grandTotal'] - Basket total which has to be paid (inc Tax and Shipping).

$basket['tax'] - Total tax to pay

$basket['shipCost'] - Shipping price

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

*/

$module = fetchDbConfig("Authorize");

function repeatVars(){

return FALSE;

}

function fixedVars(){

global $module, $basket, $ccUserData, $cart_order_id, $config, $GLOBALS;

$amount = $basket['grandTotal'];

// Trim $ sign if it exists

if (substr($amount, 0,1) == "$") {

$amount = substr($amount,1);

}

$loginid = $module['acNo'];

$txnkey = $module['txnkey'];

if(!empty($ccUserData[0]['add_2'])){

$add = $ccUserData[0]['add_1'].", ".$ccUserData[0]['add_2'];

} else {

$add = $ccUserData[0]['add_1'];

}

// function InsertFP ($loginid, $txnkey, $amount, $sequence) - Insert HTML form elements required for SIM

// function CalculateFP ($loginid, $txnkey, $amount, $sequence, $tstamp) - Returns Fingerprint.

// compute HMAC-MD5

// Uses PHP mhash extension. Pl sure to enable the extension

function hmac ($key, $data)

{

return mhash_md5( $key, $data);

}

function mhash_md5 ($key, $data)

{

// RFC 2104 HMAC implementation for php.

// Creates an md5 HMAC.

$b = 64; // byte length for md5

if (strlen($key) > $:D {

$key = pack("H*",md5($key));

}

$key = str_pad($key, $b, chr(0x00));

$ipad = str_pad('', $b, chr(0x36));

$opad = str_pad('', $b, chr(0x5c));

$k_ipad = $key ^ $ipad ;

$k_opad = $key ^ $opad;

return md5($k_opad . pack("H*",md5($k_ipad . $data)));

}

// Calculate and return fingerprint

// Use when you need control on the HTML output

function CalculateFP ($loginid, $txnkey, $amount, $sequence, $tstamp, $currency = "")

{

return (hmac ($txnkey, $loginid . "^" . $sequence . "^" . $tstamp . "^" . $amount . "^" . $currency));

}

// Inserts the hidden variables in the HTML FORM required for SIM

// Invokes hmac function to calculate fingerprint.

function InsertFP ($loginid, $txnkey, $amount, $sequence, $currency = "")

{

$tstamp = time();

$fingerprint = hmac ($txnkey, $loginid . "^" . $sequence . "^" . $tstamp . "^" . $amount . "^" . $currency);

$hiddenVars = "<input type='hidden' name='x_fp_sequence' value='" . $sequence . "' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_fp_timestamp' value='" . $tstamp . "' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_fp_hash' value='" . $fingerprint . "'/>";

return $hiddenVars;

}

// Seed random number for security and better randomness.

srand(time());

$sequence = rand(1, 1000);

// Insert the form elements required for SIM by calling InsertFP

$hiddenVars = InsertFP ($loginid, $txnkey, $amount, $sequence, $config['defaultCurrency'])."

<input type='hidden' name='x_login' value='".$loginid."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_currency_code' value='" . $config['defaultCurrency'] . "' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_show_form' value='PAYMENT_FORM' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_amount' value='".$amount."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_cust_id' value='".substr(strtoupper($ccUserData[0]['lastName']),0,4).$ccUserData[0]['customer_id']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_description' value='Cart - ".$cart_order_id."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_invoice_num' value='".$cart_order_id."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_first_name' value='".$ccUserData[0]['firstName']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_last_name' value='".$ccUserData[0]['lastName']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_relay_response' value='TRUE' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_relay_url' value='".$GLOBALS['storeURL']."/modules/gateway/Authorize/confirmed.php' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_address' value='".$add."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_city' value='".$ccUserData[0]['town']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_state' value='".$ccUserData[0]['county']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_zip' value='".$ccUserData[0]['postcode']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_country' value='".countryIso($ccUserData[0]['country'])."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_phone' value='".$ccUserData[0]['phone']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_email' value='".$ccUserData[0]['email']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_ship_to_first_name' value='".$basket['delInf']['firstName']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_ship_to_last_name' value='".$basket['delInf']['lastName']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_ship_to_address' value='".$basket['delInf']['add_1']." ".$basket['delInf']['add_2']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_ship_to_city' value='".$basket['delInf']['town']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_ship_to_state' value='".$basket['delInf']['county']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_ship_to_zip' value='".$basket['delInf']['postcode']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_ship_to_country' value='".countryIso($basket['delInf']['country'])."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_Customer_IP' value='".$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']."' />\r\n ";

if($module['testMode']==1){

$hiddenVars .= "<input type='hidden' name='x_test_request' value='TRUE' />";

}

return $hiddenVars;

}

function successFirst(){

if($_POST['x_response_code']==1 && isset($_POST['x_invoice_num'])){

return TRUE;

} else {

return FALSE;

}

}

function success(){

if($_GET['f']==1){

return FALSE;

} else {

return TRUE;

}

}

///////////////////////////

// Other Vars

////////

$formAction = "https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll";

$formMethod = "post";

$formTarget = "_self";

$transfer = "auto";

$stateUpdate = FALSE;

?>

Guest C & C Products Inc

Thanks.

ccpro

ccpro

Oh ok great. IM going to paste the file below. Let me know where this gets pasted in

im assuming its the transfer.inc file under the authorize gateway folder

let me know if you would thanks

<?php

/*

| CubeCart v3.0.6

| by Alistair Brookbanks

| CubeCart is a Trade Mark of Devellion Limited

| © 2005 Devellion Limited

| Devellion Limited,

| Westfield Lodge,

| Westland Green,

| Little Hadham,

| Nr Ware, HERTS.

| SG11 2AL

| UNITED KINGDOM

| http://www.devellion.com

| UK Private Limited Company No. 5323904

| Web: http://www.cubecart.com

| Date: Friday, 15 July 2005

| Email: info (at) cubecart (dot) com

| License Type: CubeCart is NOT Open Source Software and Limitations Apply

| Licence Info: http://www.cubecart.com/site/faq/license.php

| transfer.php

| Core functions for the Authorize.Net Gateway

*/

/*

// AUTHORIZE.NET GATEWAY

// L@@K AT ALL THE LOVELY

// VARIABLES WE HAVE TO

// PLAY WITH!!

//////

// IN THE REPEATED REGION

//////

$orderInv['productId'] - product id as an integer

$orderInv['name'] - product name as a varchar

$orderInv['price'] - price of each product (inc options)

$orderInv['quantity'] - quantity of products as an integer

$orderInv['product_options'] - products attributes as test

$orderInv['productCode'] - product code as a varchar

$i - This is the current incremented integer starting at 0

/////////////////////////

// FIXED VARS

///////

$cart_order_id - cart order id as a varchar

$ccUserData[0]['email'] - Customers email address

$ccUserData[0]['title'] - Customers title (Mr Miss etc...)

$ccUserData[0]['firstName'] - Customers first name

$ccUserData[0]['lastName'] - Customers last name

$ccUserData[0]['add_1'] - Invoice Address line 1

$ccUserData[0]['add_2'] - Invoice Address line 1

$ccUserData[0]['town'] - Invoice Town or city

$ccUserData[0]['county'] - Invoice County or state

$ccUserData[0]['postcode'] - Invoice Post/Zip Code

$ccUserData[0]['country'] - Invoice country Id we can look up the country name like this

countryName($ccUserData[0]['country']);

$ccUserData[0]['phone'] - Contact phone no

$ccUserData[0]['mobile'] - Mobile/Cell phone number

$basket['delInf']['title'] - Delivery title (Mr Miss etc...)

$basket['delInf']['firstName'] - Delivery customers first name

$basket['delInf']['lastName'] - Delivery customers last name

$basket['delInf']['add_1'] - Delivery Address line 1

$basket['delInf']['add_2'] - Delivery Address line 1

$basket['delInf']['town'] - Delivery Town or city

$basket['delInf']['county'] - Delivery County or state

$basket['delInf']['postcode'] - Delivery Post/Zip Code

$basket['delInf']['country'] - Delivery country Id we can look up the country name like this

countryName($basket['delInf']['country']);

$basket['subTotal'] - Order Subtotal (exTax and Shipping)

$basket['grandTotal'] - Basket total which has to be paid (inc Tax and Shipping).

$basket['tax'] - Total tax to pay

$basket['shipCost'] - Shipping price

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

*/

$module = fetchDbConfig("Authorize");

function repeatVars(){

return FALSE;

}

function fixedVars(){

global $module, $basket, $ccUserData, $cart_order_id, $config, $GLOBALS;

$amount = $basket['grandTotal'];

// Trim $ sign if it exists

if (substr($amount, 0,1) == "$") {

$amount = substr($amount,1);

}

$loginid = $module['acNo'];

$txnkey = $module['txnkey'];

if(!empty($ccUserData[0]['add_2'])){

$add = $ccUserData[0]['add_1'].", ".$ccUserData[0]['add_2'];

} else {

$add = $ccUserData[0]['add_1'];

}

// function InsertFP ($loginid, $txnkey, $amount, $sequence) - Insert HTML form elements required for SIM

// function CalculateFP ($loginid, $txnkey, $amount, $sequence, $tstamp) - Returns Fingerprint.

// compute HMAC-MD5

// Uses PHP mhash extension. Pl sure to enable the extension

function hmac ($key, $data)

{

return mhash_md5( $key, $data);

}

function mhash_md5 ($key, $data)

{

// RFC 2104 HMAC implementation for php.

// Creates an md5 HMAC.

$b = 64; // byte length for md5

if (strlen($key) > $:D {

$key = pack("H*",md5($key));

}

$key = str_pad($key, $b, chr(0x00));

$ipad = str_pad('', $b, chr(0x36));

$opad = str_pad('', $b, chr(0x5c));

$k_ipad = $key ^ $ipad ;

$k_opad = $key ^ $opad;

return md5($k_opad . pack("H*",md5($k_ipad . $data)));

}

// Calculate and return fingerprint

// Use when you need control on the HTML output

function CalculateFP ($loginid, $txnkey, $amount, $sequence, $tstamp, $currency = "")

{

return (hmac ($txnkey, $loginid . "^" . $sequence . "^" . $tstamp . "^" . $amount . "^" . $currency));

}

// Inserts the hidden variables in the HTML FORM required for SIM

// Invokes hmac function to calculate fingerprint.

function InsertFP ($loginid, $txnkey, $amount, $sequence, $currency = "")

{

$tstamp = time();

$fingerprint = hmac ($txnkey, $loginid . "^" . $sequence . "^" . $tstamp . "^" . $amount . "^" . $currency);

$hiddenVars = "<input type='hidden' name='x_fp_sequence' value='" . $sequence . "' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_fp_timestamp' value='" . $tstamp . "' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_fp_hash' value='" . $fingerprint . "'/>";

return $hiddenVars;

}

// Seed random number for security and better randomness.

srand(time());

$sequence = rand(1, 1000);

$hiddenVars = InsertFP ($loginid, $txnkey, $amount, $sequence, $config['defaultCurrency'])."

<input type='hidden' name='x_currency_code' value='" . $config['defaultCurrency'] . "' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_cust_id' value='".substr(strtoupper($ccUserData[0]['lastName']),0,4).$ccUserData[0]['customer_id']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_description' value='Cart - ".$cart_order_id."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_invoice_num' value='".$cart_order_id."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_first_name' value='".$ccUserData[0]['firstName']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_last_name' value='".$ccUserData[0]['lastName']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_relay_response' value='TRUE' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_relay_url' value='".$GLOBALS['storeURL']."/modules/gateway/Authorize/confirmed.php' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_address' value='".$add."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_city' value='".$ccUserData[0]['town']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_state' value='".$ccUserData[0]['county']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_zip' value='".$ccUserData[0]['postcode']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_country' value='".countryIso($ccUserData[0]['country'])."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_phone' value='".$ccUserData[0]['phone']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_email' value='".$ccUserData[0]['email']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_ship_to_first_name' value='".$basket['delInf']['firstName']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_ship_to_last_name' value='".$basket['delInf']['lastName']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_ship_to_address' value='".$basket['delInf']['add_1']." ".$basket['delInf']['add_2']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_ship_to_city' value='".$basket['delInf']['town']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_ship_to_state' value='".$basket['delInf']['county']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_ship_to_zip' value='".$basket['delInf']['postcode']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_ship_to_country' value='".countryIso($basket['delInf']['country'])."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_Customer_IP' value='".$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']."' />\r\n ";

if($module['testMode']==1){

$hiddenVars .= "<input type='hidden' name='x_test_request' value='TRUE' />";

}

return $hiddenVars;

}

function successFirst(){

if($_POST['x_response_code']==1 && isset($_POST['x_invoice_num'])){

return TRUE;

} else {

return FALSE;

}

}

function success(){

if($_GET['f']==1){

return FALSE;

} else {

return TRUE;

}

}

///////////////////////////

// Other Vars

////////

$formAction = "https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll";

$formMethod = "post";

$formTarget = "_self";

$transfer = "auto";

$stateUpdate = FALSE;

?>

This is the area of the file, transfer.inc.php, in the directory modules/gateway/Authorize:

$hiddenVars = InsertFP ($loginid, $txnkey, $amount, $sequence,

$config['defaultCurrency'])."

<input type='hidden' name='x_currency_code' value='" .

$config['defaultCurrency'] . "' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_type' value='AUTH_ONLY'>

<input type='hidden' name='x_cust_id'

value='".substr(strtoupper($ccUserData[0]['lastName']),0,4).$ccUserData[0]['cust

omer_id']."' />

<input type='hidden' name='x_description' value='Cart - ".$cart_order_id."'

/>

ccpro