Criticism Please for rebuilt site

My Webpage has had to be rebuilt and would like some critism there is a load of mods on there and want to know there all working ok and site looks "professional" i know the logo is a bit on the rubbish side at the moment hopefully sorting that out later today or tomorrow

would appreciate your comments and sujestions and any way to make site look more "professional"

OK I'm a spelling nut. Forgive me but spelling errors and grammatical errors drive me up the wall and I don't stay long at sites that display them. As a result I didn't see much of your site because I couldn't get past the index page. Your logo is bland and doesn't grab me at all and I had to read through half the page to find out what it is that you're trying to sell. The colors make the site fade into the background and your spelling and grammar tell me you are not professional. If you can't do it yourself please find someone to do it for you. You might have a good product to offer your visitors but I fear they'll never stay long enough to find them.

Well... I hate capital text and flashing luminous graphics! Reminds me of a car boot sale :w00t:

There are no pictures on the front page, so you've lost me already :w00t:

Too much text on the front page, and that nice xmas banner should be at the top, not the bottom!!! It's the nicest thing on the front page.

And the search 'Go' button is completely out of sync with the rest of the site's colour scheme.

Well, you did ask! LOL! :D

Honestly i would have stuck with the defualt CC 2 style...

NEGITIVE COMMENTS

1- i hate yellow

2- way to much text on home page

3- no catch with product (you have nice products show them on the homepage)

4- the Merry Christmas Text is horible move the xmas banner into its place.

5- the logo at top has wite background just looks sharp.

6- (agreed) Go Button just doesn't match

POSSITIVE ONES

1- Nice products (shame i can't say more)

You asked for critisum so im sorry about the possitive remark...

thank you for your replies i will be working on my site today hopefully get it looking profesional :D would you sujest less text on the index page diffrent products on the index page with breif descriptions? or just pictures ?

Change this:

Please note our Christmas dead line for Guarenteed UK Christmas delivery is 20th December, Overseas guarenteed delivery deadline 15th December Many thanks www.filmcells.org team , Also pleasae use coupon code christmas01 for our christmas 20% off saving.

To this:

Please note our Christmas deadline for Guaranteed UK Christmas delivery is 20th December, Overseas guaranteed delivery deadline 15th December Many thanks www.filmcells.org team , Also please use coupon code christmas01 for our Christmas 20% off saving.

and this:

and now Star biography's

To this:

and now Star Biographies

and this:

best sceans

to this:

best scenes

and this:

If you would like to ask any questions we are avalable via email

to this:

If you would like to ask any questions we are available via email

I would also strongly suggest getting rid of terms like 'cheap', 'rubbish'

the only reason i didnt put any pictures on index page is for all those 56kers and the site would take ages to open woudnt it?

Not exactly. Those 56k'ers are use to sites being a certain speed, yours will be no different if you use some graphics. As long as the first page is no larger than 100K, you'll be fine (Save the page and associated files with the browser to check how big the page is).

There are tricks to download the most important images first, this gives the impression the site is faster than it is.

Also make the images as efficient as possible, photos as JPGs, other graphics as GIF (test different graphics with different image formats to compare sizes).

You'll be surprised what you can get away with :D

Guest gwizard

I am using FF 1.0.7

Couple of remarks:

1. The text "Free shipping worldwide on all our products." - there is a slight problem with the mouseover. "F" is separate from the rest of the sentence.

2. The site is completely boring. All is black and white and there is no color whatsoever. To me, as a customer, that would be a runaway.

3. In the category and product view there is a missing space between "Mounted" and "on".

4. Don't use keywords in the title. Google will down your rating for that. Instead, have one title such as "FilmCells" and put the keywords in META.

5. Add to favorites do not work in FF.

I agree the old yellow was horrible but the New black and white though an improvement still doesn't give a very good impresion... what your selling are collectors items and seen of HIGH value, your site looks so low value you wouldn't want to risk buying the items from you...

I like the film reel idea you have gone with but break the standard v2 layout a bit and make it more obvious that is a film reel...

Don't use keywords in the title. Google will down your rating for that. Instead, have one title such as "FilmCells" and put the keywords in META.

Keywords in the title will have more of an effect than in the Meta data. However considering the page title is not within a heading tag, it's considered standard content. The main site title is an image anyway, therefore the argument is irrelavent for that title.

In looking at the code, something isn't right. You have two sets of body and head sections. Look half way down in the code. The second set is largely ignored I would think, and considering most of your meta tags are in the second part, you probably have no meta data to give search engines.

In the second 'head' section, if those meta tags were valid, the keywords and description are far too long. The 'revist after' meta tag was never a standard tag... never recognised by the mainstream spiders.

More info can be found in our 'head' section beginners guide, on our site :D

Maybe I should write a guide on creating a groovy website. :D