Total Newbie needs help modifying KILLER skin

Guest kay23518

Guest kay23518

I am using Cube Cart Version 3.0.5.

Before posting this, I have been searching all day and last night through the forums trying to find the answers to my questions; however, while I have had some success, I am still needing a little bit of help here. I am a total newbie to working with files like these, but learn quickly, so any help would be appreciated.

I have read the tutorials fo r modifying the skins, and have found where to make the necessary changes to exchange the built-in Cube Cart logo for my own, and to change the background color for the boxes. However, I cannot seem to find exactly where to change the main background color from white to the color I want.

My other problem is the bright blue bars and tabs for the categories - I found the graphic files for them, and edited them in my graphics program changing their color to one that complements my logo, but after making the changes and re-uploading them to my server, they still are showing up in the same original color.

While my site is just getting started and is not open yet, you can view it to see what I am talking about.

If someone could point me in the right direction of where to make my changes, it would be greatly appreciated. :lol: All in all, I don't think I have done too bad on my own for someone who has never done anything like this before.

http://designsbykay.com/cart/

Thanks,

Kay

Hi Kay,

The graphics must not have uploaded to the right directory, or else were not named exactly the same as the originals.

As to background color, here is what you presently have in layout.css

body {

margin: 5px;

}

#pageSurround {

width: 98%;

margin: 0px auto;

padding: 5px;

}

#subSurround {

padding-left: 14px;

}

Neither body, #pageSurround nor #subSurround currently have background colors specified. The default is white, so if you want to change from white you need to add a background color. Syntax for this is:

background-color: color-you-want;

Add that line like:

body {

}

#pageSurround {

width: 98%;

}

#subSurround {

padding-left: 14px;

}

You may not need it in all three; trial and error pays off :lol:

Guest kay23518

Thank you so much for such a fast response! I had just double checked the files and found they didn't get in the right spot, LOL, but was still searching for how to change my background color.

Off to work on that as soon as supper is over with. Again, thank you so much - this forum is wonderful for the attitudes of people here that are willing to help others, unlike a few other forums I have visited for tech support. I appreciate not being made to feel stupid because I am new at something. :lol:

Kay

I just changed the background for my KILLER

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....ackground+color

This thread helped me do the background. But it does NOT mention that for the KILLER theme you must not "edit" but "ADD" the following tag to the areas mentioned for editing.

Basically... make sure your layout.css in your killer styleSheets directory has the 'background-color' added to the BODY and pageSurround areas

body {

background-color: black;

}

#pageSurround {

width: 748px;

border: 2px solid #CCCCCC;

background-color: black;