Gift certificates

Guest degsey69

Guest degsey69

Has any one done a mod that allows gift certificates to be issued on an individual basis with say a one off serial number randomly generated. Then when the recepiant logs on to the web site he can redeem his present by keying in the serial number as part or full payment for goods.

I have done a search and goober does discount coupons, but this type of mod is very usefull to those who do not want to go to the stores to buy a presnt! :lol:

Has any one done a mod that allows gift certificates to be issued on an individual basis with say a one off serial number randomly generated. Then when the recepiant logs on to the web site he can redeem his present by keying in the serial number as part or full payment for goods.

I have done a search and goober does discount coupons, but this type of mod is very usefull to those who do not want to go to the stores to buy a presnt! :lol:

degsey69,

I don't really understand how what you are asking for differs from the coupon mod. The coupon mod generates a one off serial number randomly. The coupon is then given a specific dollar value. This coupon number can then be given to a customer to be used during checkout as full or partial payment.

If you could be a bit more specific, perhaps I could extend the coupon mod to fit your needs.

Thanks

/Goober

Hi Goober the gift certificate mod is a lot different really.

Coupon mod = you (store owner) control and offer this.

Gift Cert. = customer can buy a $$ certificate from ur store to give as a gift to someone to spend at ur store.

hope this explains better it was produced for V2.

Guest degsey69

evilhomer has it in one goober. Can you ammend your mod to do this or do a complete new one?

It would be nice that a coupon with the recepiants name and serial be produced so that it could be emailed or posted to the recepiant of the gift cert.

What do you think can you do it?

By the way CNN reported today that 30% of all xmas gifts this year was gift certificates in the USA. ;)

Please forgive my ignorance, for I am a just a lowly programmer and not a merchant of goods and services. ;)

I am trying to understand and help. I am working on a extenting my Coupon Manager mod to support what I think is a "Gift Certificate". Just to make sure I do the mod right here's what I have so far, please tell me if I am going in the right direction.

The new mod allows the store admin to generate a "Gift Certificate" code in much the same way as a "Coupon" code. With one main difference. Where the coupon manager will not track how much of the coupons value has been "redeemed" the gift card manager will. In other words if you give someone a $50 coupon and they spend $35, they will loose $15 because the coupon can only be used once. With the gift card manager that $15 dollars will remain and can be spent on the customers next visit to the store.

Neither the Coupon nor Giftcard code in both cases should be posted publicly where anyone can see them. The code are not tied to a particular user. Should the giftcard be tied to a specific email id?

The new mod does not generate a code during the purchase. It requires action by the store's admin to generate the code and email it to the customer. Should the Giftcard Manager mod generate the coupon code upon payment?

Your input would be greatly appriciated and will help me complete the mod that is almost done.

Thanks

/Goober

I think they should be individual to each purchase of a gift certificate, otherwise it would create massive security risks in that one user could pass the code onto 4 others without a limmitation...

i think the main consentration would be that it should allow the users to use a gift cetirifcate as a sort of payment gateway, when a certificate is bought it is sent to the address of the to-be owner if they then login with that same e-mal address thei account i accredited the $50 which when selecting a payment gateway they can say USE MYCERTIFICATE...

Guest degsey69

goober999

Should the Giftcard Manager mod generate the coupon code upon payment?

You have explained the situation very well I would like the customer to be able to print of a gift coupon to give to the person who they want to receive it with the code printed on it with the recepiants name. See below for example of coupon.

Hi there, I am also looking for a way to incorporate both coupons and gift certificates to my website. Gift Certificates are a much needed addon to the script.

In my situation, I would like to add different values of Gift Certificates, say, $5, $10, $25, $50, etc. And, if possible, I would like for the person purchasing the gift certificate to be able to define the value of the certificate they would like to give. As each certificate is purchased, the cart would actually have to generate a random gift certificate id# which would be kept track of somewhere in the database.

There must be no admin involved in the creation of the gift certificate, it would need to be completely user side, where each shopper would decide which certificate they would want to buy, and then they could either print out the certificate or could view it under their previous order history.

Please let me know if you know of a script that does this, or if you have got one working that I could install.

Thanks!

Guest degsey69

There must be no admin involved in the creation of the gift certificate, it would need to be completely user side, where each shopper would decide which certificate they would want to buy, and then they could either print out the certificate or could view it under their previous order history.

That says it all ;)

Guest EaglePilot

Hi there, I am also looking for a way to incorporate both coupons and gift certificates to my website. Gift Certificates are a much needed addon to the script.

In my situation, I would like to add different values of Gift Certificates, say, $5, $10, $25, $50, etc. And, if possible, I would like for the person purchasing the gift certificate to be able to define the value of the certificate they would like to give. As each certificate is purchased, the cart would actually have to generate a random gift certificate id# which would be kept track of somewhere in the database.

Please let me know if you know of a script that does this, or if you have got one working that I could install.

Thanks!

Couldn't say it better. Goober, I will buy this mod from you when you are finished, for my 3rd paid mod from you. I like your mods and their reliability.

Greg

Hi again, I know this set of posts is supposed to be specifically about the Gift Certificate mod, however I was thinking of another mod that might go hand in hand for a lot of shop owners.

I would like to offer In Store Credit to my customers based on the merchandise totals of their previous orders. For example, a customer purchases a $100 item from my storefront, I have previously set whether the item qualifies for in store credit accumulation, in this case the item qualifies, and I have set the percentage of in store credit to 5%. The customer completes the checkout, and after payment has been made he now has $5 or 5% of the merchandise total which he may spend on a future order.

This would require another option or two in the "Add Product" section of the administration panel, I believe you would need a user defined text field where you could set a percentage or dollar amount of in store credit earned when the item is purchased. Also the mod would require a Yes/No option to set whether the item even qualifies for instore credit. Those could be one function if the percentage of credit was set to 0%, however it might be nice to have them both as seperate choices for each new product you would add to your store.

On the user's side of things there would need to be an additional content box added under the "Your Account" section, perhaps call it "Store Credit." This would need to show a running total of credit earned, perhaps even itemized by purchase or order number, however I think showing a grand total of credit would suffice.

Lastly, during checkout, probably during "step4" where a customer chooses a shipping option and is shown an order total, there would need to be two things added. First, another Yes/No option where the user decides whether he wants to use any of his accumulated in store credit, and second, a user defined field where he can enter the amount he would like to apply to the current order. Of course it would be good to have the customer's total of credit displayed in this same section so that he knows exactly how much he has to spend.

There would obviously need to be some functions happening to prevent the customer from succesfully using more in-store credit than has been built up. Also the credit should not be taken out of his account until the payment has been completed, if the payment method he chooses is unsuccessful or errors for any reason, all in-store credit should be left in tact.

Please let me know if you think you can do this mod, I think it would be a versitile addition to your list of mods,

Thanks!

Okay,

I suddenly had a flash of brilliance and after pulling an all-nighter and working all trough the morning I believe I've completed a Gift Certificate mod that most of you will be able to live with. If not, we can discuss additional requirements using PM. But for now, here's what I have working so far.

The Coupon/Giftcard mod specifications:

The mod has all the features of the my coupon mod. The Giftcard part of the mod works like this:

You add a new product to your catalog and identify it as a Giftcard Certificate. And price it at $0.00.

Then you create "Giftcard Certificate" options by using existing admin panel options menu.

You can create any number of giftcard denominations using these options, like $5, $10, $20… etc

Then you assign these options to the "Giftcard Certificate" product. Get the idea, right?

But, here's the catch, and I think it's brilliant, even if I do say so my self. When viewing the "Gift Certificate"

Product, the options are NOT displayed as dropdown list with + $5.00 or + $10.00. They are shown as

Radio options:

o $5.00 o $10.00 o $20.00 etc….

The customer can purchase any quantity giftcards in any denomination just like any other product by selecting the appropriate radio button and quantity in the quantity box.

Upon returning from Payment Gateway, the mod will generate unique Giftcard codes and include them in the email that is sent to a customer notifying them of the successful purchase.

To redeem the Giftcard, the customer must register and shop in your store just like they do today. Once they are ready and are viewing the basket, they can input the giftcard code the same way they would input the coupon code. If the Giftcard is valid and still has money remaining, the mod will reduce the shopping cart sub total by the remaining value or sub total value, whichever is less. For instance, if a customer has a $50.00 giftcard and the subtotal is $35.00, the mod will show that the new sub total is $0.00, Giftcard amount redeemed is $35.00 and Giftcard amount remaining is $15.00 (all this information is shown when viewing the cart). Upon successful payment, the giftcard amount used will be deducted from the giftcard. The remaining amount will be available for the next order.

The Giftcard certificate codes can also be generated manually using "Gigftcard Manager" admin panel menu.

Let me know what you 'all think.

P.S. The first 5 people to purchase this mod will receive free installation, just so I can create and verify the code change instructions.

You can purchase this mod at my store and here's the link http://www.alexgoldberg.com/cubemods/index...ductId=19&tab=1.

Guest EaglePilot

I have purchased, and now am just waiting for the next email with the download link. I hope I was in the first five. Not that I can't do the install, but Goober is the man!

Greg

:wacko: I think you justa bout thought of everything there Goober.

Tell me does the giftcard mod have the coupon mod built in to it?

or could you do that if not?

The ultimate coupon/gift certificate mod?

Guest gratifize

Goober,

Okay, I'm feeling left out now. I was reading about the Gift Certificate request under version 2 when I saw the link to this thread for version 3 of cubecart. I was wondering if you could please make this mod available for cubecart 2. I have been looking high and low for this functionality for my website. Though I may upgrade to version 3 in the future, I like the simplicity of version 2 and I am already very used to it. I have been adding mods left and right now and learning a few things along the way. But this is a mod that I really have to have. I am planning to purchase version 2 coupon mod soon from another 3rd party site, but they don't have the gift certificate mod available. Since you have already done this for version 3, I'm sure you would be easily able to convert it over to version 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

:wacko:

:innocent: I think you justa bout thought of everything there Goober.

Tell me does the giftcard mod have the coupon mod built in to it?

or could you do that if not?

The ultimate coupon/gift certificate mod?

:D Yes. This mod has ALL of the Coupon mods capability!

/Goober

Guest degsey69

Hi goober

Great job doing the mod so quickly, and I have also purchased it.

I hope that I am in the first 5, bit late with the purchase, been traveling for 2 days to see family for xmas.

Well done! ;)

Hi goober

Great job doing the mod so quickly, and I have also purchased it.

I hope that I am in the first 5, bit late with the purchase, been traveling for 2 days to see family for xmas.

Well done! ;)

No worries mate, I'll set it up for you.

Thanks

/Goober

Guest Marshalls

Question, when a customer is in the check out process, do they see two diffrent boxs to enter codes?

one for gift cert code

and one for coupon/discount code?

cause if not i think it should. it will look more professional.

Also, is there a way that the person who buys the gift cert for someone, that they can goto "Account Details" and look at there orders and see they bought a gift cert?

and if so, Can you make it so in there order for the gift cert. can they click a link that will bring up a printable gift cert with the info in it?

Like have a real looking giftcard look to it and then have the info in the middle..

do you know what im saying? like if someone wanted to print it off and give it to someone in person other then sending them a email?

If so im down for buying this.. I just want something that looks professional.

Also, this whole mod would be soooooo much better if you could let the customer pick the amount of money they want the gift card made into, not just picking amounts pre set. can you do this?

Question, when a customer is in the check out process, do they see two diffrent boxs to enter codes?

one for gift cert code and one for coupon/discount code?

cause if not i think it should. it will look more professional.

There is only one box. I think it is more professional to have only one box. If the customer enters a giftcard code in the coupon box, It would be silly for the error message to say "Sorry, this is a gifcard code, enter it in the other box".

Also, is there a way that the person who buys the gift cert for someone, that they can goto "Account Details" and look at there orders and see they bought a gift cert?

Yes

Can you make it so in there order for the gift cert. can they click a link that will bring up a printable gift cert with the info in it?

Sorry, not at this time. But I will look into that functionality a bit later.

Also, this whole mod would be soooooo much better if you could let the customer pick the amount of money they want the gift card made into, not just picking amounts pre set. can you do this?

I don't know about this... Whenever I see Giftcards in the stores they are always a preset amounts. I mean a $14.95 Gifcard is a bit tacky.

Guest Marshalls

Ok, Well I was just wondering..

thanks.

Im going to buy your mod once it is fully done. I guess once you add all the little things and extras :) so please keep me posted!

great mod by the way!