Gift certificates

Guest degsey69

• 3 weeks later...

Guest rukiman

got a few questions.

I have the express mod installed as well as the giftcart mod so need a few questions answered.

1) This is a general question. If the user selected print order form as the gateway, the giftcards are not automatically generated it seems? Will I have to manually generate these myself?

2) I guess it is a requirement that to redeem the gift certificate you must register so the system can keep track on how is used and how much is left over? But for coupons it doesn't matter if you are registered or not as nothing has to be kept track in terms of the customer? Is this understanding correct?

3) The codes for the gift cerficate are created on return on the payment gateway and included in the email sent out. This means that the customer has to email their friend/family the code. Is there a nice better way of doing this?

4) Can the gift certificates created by easily tracked down to the customer who bought it. I am thinking in the case like print order form where they are not generated automatically, might become a task to work out whether you have already generated a giftcertificate for the customer. Dont want to be generating them a second free one ;)

5) If there is a coupon active and the customer selects a few products and purchases the gift certificate then redeems a coupon will the giftcertificates be discounted? Im guessing they shouldn't otherwise depending on your denominations the customer can keep buying giftcertificates with an active coupon then using the gift certificate to buy more certificates and keep build up free money. I haven't tested this, just thought I'd ask whether this was taken into account.

Cheers.

Guest Marshalls

uh i dont know, I think Rukiman has a good point on them and i feel they do belong in this thread if people are going to be buying your mod?

I would like to know that myself as i am planning on buying your mod once CC has its next release after 3.0.7-pl1

good points Ruk!

Guest Rock Star* Pets

If I buy the mod, can I get free updates/upgrades when/if you add features to the mod? If so, how would that work? Automatically (you send me an email notifying me of the upgrade) or do I have to keep an eye out and request it?

Thanks!

AMY (new user)

If I buy the mod, can I get free updates/upgrades when/if you add features to the mod? If so, how would that work? Automatically (you send me an email notifying me of the upgrade) or do I have to keep an eye out and request it?

Thanks!

AMY (new user)

Yes, free updates to the mod will be available for all future revisions of CC v3.0.x. only

If you subscribe to the newsletter option when you register you will be notified when updates are available.

Thanks

/Goober

I purchased last night and am waiting on the download information.

All mods get emailed within 24 hours of purchase, as stated on your receipt.

Your mod has already been sent to you. Please check your email.

Thanks

/Goober

• 10 months later...
Guest jrbicycles

Shawn,

I just purchased the mod a few weeks ago and yes Goober is still supporting the mods fully. I had a little error and notified him about it and he instantly logged into my cart and corrected it.