Give away FREE downloads effortlessly!

While this isn't a new Payment Gateway per se, it takes the place of a gateway in its operation. It takes over in certain circumstances to allow you to give away free digital downloads.

Basically, this FREE mod allows you to offer give-away downloads on your site yet still retain full use of CubeCart's registration and secure download features.

It essentially goes in and takes the place of a regular gateway module. When there are products in the cart yet the grand total is still 0.00, the store will display a different message to the customer stating they've elected to receive one or more free digital products. They then simply click a button which will take them shortly to the order confirmed page. It will process thier order completely normally as if it was a paid order. :D

The mod can be downloaded from my site FOR FREE at http://www.swscripts.com/

Have Fun!

:D

Wow that will probably be top ranked in all search engines in about a week all you will have to do is type FREE :D ...

Great mod Sir William, much better contol wize, What will you come up with next??? :D

• 1 month later...
Guest pacoferia

While this isn't a new Payment Gateway per se, it takes the place of a gateway in its operation. It takes over in certain circumstances to allow you to give away free digital downloads.

Basically, this FREE mod allows you to offer give-away downloads on your site yet still retain full use of CubeCart's registration and secure download features.

It essentially goes in and takes the place of a regular gateway module. When there are products in the cart yet the grand total is still 0.00, the store will display a different message to the customer stating they've elected to receive one or more free digital products. They then simply click a button which will take them shortly to the order confirmed page. It will process thier order completely normally as if it was a paid order. :innocent:

The mod can be downloaded from my site FOR FREE at http://www.swscripts.com/

Have Fun!

:P

Hi Sir William, after register in your store in order to get your free mod ( free downloads ) I get this message

Sorry

Your download link has expired or is not valid.

well I hope your advice on this, thanks

Guest gwizard

I actually got it a while ago and it works perfectly.

Had to adapt for my own modded store, but it is a very good mod.

Thanks, Sir William for the job well done.

;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest varanus

Sir William,

Downloaded and installed your mod...works like a charm! Thanks much...just what I was looking for.

Quick question...when I downloaded it from your site, the price on the site said "Free!" - on mine it just doesn't show any price...is this easy to change?

Thanks again.

• 2 months later...
Guest BlackCat2

Okay this totally rocks. Thank you. It is exactly what I was looking for. :)

was very easy to install and works perfectly. I tested it myself. =)

Heidi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Paralumino

Sir William...

I've downloaded your script and find that it works perfectly...with one exception. Like one of the other users posting in this thread, clicking on the autogenerated Download Link produces the same error that the link has expired or is not valid..

At first I thought it was a problem with Safari on the Mac. However after looking at the generated email I see that these characters

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

in the last line of the email are being included into the link. If I copy and paste the link from the email and remove those tilde characters, the link works as expected.

Is this being caused by your mod or is this an issue with CubeCarts digital download system?

Please help!!! Its annoying to have to explain this to every user trying to download free products from me.

It's part of CubeCart. Just edit the language file and put a blank line before the tildes in the e-mail sent. No biggie.

Seach the file for "download.php", it's only in the file once. Add a blank line after that and before the line of tildes. Save and upload this modified file and you'll be good to go.

;)

Guest Paralumino

It's part of CubeCart. Just edit the language file and put a blank line before the tildes in the e-mail sent. No biggie.

Seach the file for "download.php", it's only in the file once. Add a blank line after that and before the line of tildes. Save and upload this modified file and you'll be good to go.

;)

I opened up download.php and I don't see anything showing the tildes. Where do I find the proper language file you speak of?

Sorry.. I'm a complete newbie at all of this.

EDIT: Nevermind! I found it. :) Thanks for the input. It works.. and oh.. by the way.. you might want to do that for your site too. I couldn't down load your mod script for the same reason until I figured it out.

Guest Doug86i

Hi mate,

downloaded and installed your mod and it looks perfect but...

when I try to send the download email I get the following errors

Warning: main(modules/gateway/FREE/transfer.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/epoclive/includes/content/confirmed.inc.php on line 70

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'modules/gateway/FREE/transfer.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:etc/phpincludes') in /var/www/epoclive/includes/content/confirmed.inc.php on line 70

Is there a gateway called "free" that I need to install? I cant seem to find one.

many thanks,

Doug

CC 3.0.10

PHP 5.0.4

MySQL 4.1.16

Apache 2.0.54

• 1 month later...
Guest Glowstix

Hi! Installed the mod, it seems to be working. The download link is working and the emails are being sent, however, i get this screen before the order is completed, it flashes on for a second and goes.

screen.JPG

Here is line 55

include("modules/gateway/".$_POST['gateway']."/transfer.inc.php");

Any help will be much appricated ;)

Does anyone know if you install this mod, if people can still offer out their paid digital products as normally. Or will this make all your paid products now free;-0

I am hoping that this will allow for some products to be downloaded for free while the paid downloads to function as normally.

Anyone know this one?

Guest groovejuice

I've downloaded but not yet installed the code, but am pretty certain you can. When you set your price for the free download, try to type in "free" rather than 0.00