No Shipping to my country??

Guest Andrew T.

Guest Andrew T.

OK, I have my shipping set for UPS grounf with CC 3.0.6 but when I proceed it says Sorry, so shipping method setup for your country.

I've searched the forums for this and read the posts but it's not working for me. I think the whole County/State field is confusing.

I just put OH in that box since I'm in Ohio. What else should I put or what should I do to setup shipping for this country??

Any pointers?

Its saying no shipping your your COUNTRY not county... the shiping works on international zones and not domestic so its saying that you haven't set the US as one of the shipping zones in the UPS shipping modual... Each available county needs to be entered if you are shipping world wide then you need to enter ALL the world wide country codes...

its saying that you haven't set the US as one of the shipping zones in the UPS shipping modual... Each available county needs to be entered if you are shipping world wide then you need to enter ALL the world wide country codes...

Where exactly is that done? I don't see any such configuration option within the UPS module.

In Store Config I see Countries & Zones. But that's not the UPS module. And even if it is, the USA and the various States are listed.

Also, there is nothing to explain what configuring anything the that module affects.

In the /modules/shipping/UPS/calc.php find this line near the end:

$shippingPrice .= $rate->getOpt($sum,$productCode,$desc);

Add this right below it:

$shippingAvailable = TRUE;

That should take care of your problem. I spotted this issue when I was doing the USPS module. That line should be near the end of EVERY shipping module's calc.php.

;)

In the /modules/shipping/UPS/calc.php find this line near the end:

$shippingPrice .= $rate->getOpt($sum,$productCode,$desc);

Add this right below it:

$shippingAvailable = TRUE;

That should take care of your problem. I spotted this issue when I was doing the USPS module. That line should be near the end of EVERY shipping module's calc.php.

:dizzy:

I do not see that..My UPS only allows me to activate the different types of UPS service, where do you modify the shipping rates??

Guest LTR450HQ

You have to edit the file itself. The problem is in a variable not being set in that file. Once it's added, the problem should be fixed.

:w00t:

I tried that, didin't fix it

Guest TNABabes.com

Hi there.

I have the flat rate shipping mod, and it worked beautifully in 3.05.

I upgraded to 3.06 and now get the same error, shipping not avaiable to my country...

ANyone know how to fix this?

OK, I have my shipping set for UPS grounf with CC 3.0.6 but when I proceed it says Sorry, so shipping method setup for your country.

I've searched the forums for this and read the posts but it's not working for me. I think the whole County/State field is confusing.

I just put OH in that box since I'm in Ohio. What else should I put or what should I do to setup shipping for this country??

Any pointers?

I found out when I loaded the US postal then UPS it worked.

Any pointers?

I found out when I loaded the US postal then UPS it worked.

Could you fill me in? Kinda lost..

So you configured uspostal, then configured ups? just wondering

Guest LawmanGrant

Brooky;

Can you comment on this error? Or do I need to downgrade to 3.0.5?

In 3.0.5 my shipping worked perfectly, but now, nothing....

Can anyone help?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok im at a dead end trying to configure ups for a client who has ups account set up but when i integrate the cart with ups it comes up with must have a 5digit origin code to use ups? he has a 6 digit code does this basically just mean tough luck nothing you can do bout it?

neone I never used ups before or set up so im at a blank.

Ok im at a dead end trying to configure ups for a client who has ups account set up but when i integrate the cart with ups it comes up with must have a 5digit origin code to use ups? he has a 6 digit code does this basically just mean tough luck nothing you can do bout it?

It's been my understanding that CC's UPS only works in the USA and Canada, both of which have basic 5 digit zips. There are no USA 6 digit codes. So what country uses a 6-digit zip?

FWIW, most people don't know that there actually is a logic to US 5 digit zip codes. Here's a quote from the Zip Code Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZIP_Code#Structure_and_allocation)

ZIP Codes are numbered with the first digit representing a certain group of U.S. states, the second and third digits together representing a region in that group (or perhaps a large city), and the fourth and fifth digits representing more specific areas, such as small towns or regions of that city. The main town in a region (if applicable) often gets the first ZIP Codes for that region; afterwards, the numerical order often follows the alphabetical order.

END QUOTE

In the US, aside from the configuration of a form field on a computer, that logic would allow you to use a 3 digit zip to get a piece of mail at least into the closest distribution center. I vaguely recall that a 3 digit system was used back in the 40s or 50s and was called simply Zone.

It's been my understanding that CC's UPS only works in the USA and Canada, both of which have basic 5 digit zips. There are no USA 6 digit codes. So what country uses a 6-digit zip?

FWIW, most people don't know that there actually is a logic to US 5 digit zip codes. Here's a quote from the Zip Code Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZIP_Code#Structure_and_allocation)

ZIP Codes are numbered with the first digit representing a certain group of U.S. states, the second and third digits together representing a region in that group (or perhaps a large city), and the fourth and fifth digits representing more specific areas, such as small towns or regions of that city. The main town in a region (if applicable) often gets the first ZIP Codes for that region; afterwards, the numerical order often follows the alphabetical order.

END QUOTE

In the US, aside from the configuration of a form field on a computer, that logic would allow you to use a 3 digit zip to get a piece of mail at least into the closest distribution center. I vaguely recall that a 3 digit system was used back in the 40s or 50s and was called simply Zone.

ok thats odd cos i was supplied with a 6 digit code for a client that live in canada

Guest sgleaton

I am getting the same thing; however, I am using CC3.0.7-pl1 and am using Goobers Ship_by_value. I have checked the above items and the shipping=True option is already there. What to do>>?

Scott Gleaton

Guest anakin827

I am getting the same thing; however, I am using CC3.0.7-pl1 and am using Goobers Ship_by_value. I have checked the above items and the shipping=True option is already there. What to do>>?

Scott Gleaton

I am having this issue as well, I just upgraded to CC 3.07-pl1. Please help.

Guest sgleaton

Goober helped with this issue. Below is the steps you need to take to resolve this.

1. Go into the admin session
  2. Select Shipping Module
  3. Select Per Category
  4. Under National put US
  5. Under the International put the countries you will ship to only.
  6. DO NOT ENABLE THIS MODULE Unless you intend to use it.
  7. TEST - Should work.
  8. You are done. :wacko:
Hope this helps.

Scott :sleep:

FINALLY! I GET TO HELP SOMEONE! MY FIRST TIME!!!

Once again, THANKS GOOBER! You are the MAN!