Write Order AFTER approval

KirkM

My client doesn't want to have emails sent or the order written to the database unless it is completed and approved by the gateway (authorize.net). He doesn't care about the paper order forms being entered as orders and would, in fact, prefer to NOT have them written to the database as he processes mail orders separately.

The way CC is set up, it sends the admin an order confirmation and writes it to the database as it leaves to go to the gateway. If the card is denied or the customer is denied, the order is still there pending and the customer receipt and admin emails are sent. He doesn't want any of this to happen until the gateway returns a successful approval.

Has anyone been successful with doing this mod? I can't imagine that other store owners aren't dissatisfied with having to weed through and delete a bunch of worthless orders by comparing them to the gateway responses. Big waste of valuable time. Any help would be appreciated.

Creating a pending order is needed , you can if you must create a filter so as old to show prossessing or compleated orders, or there was a mod that deleted pending orders that where so many x old...

they need to be placed into the database though as this is how the confirmation system works, so its a choice of hiding them or pruning them...

BTW it is possible in a lot of case that payment can be made on a gateway and then fail to tell the store, what would you then do if there was no pending... I use the pending remearks and contact that customer each time asking them what happened and if we can help... Its good sales to go to the customer when they have a problem and not expect them to come to you...

All good points, but my client doesn't see it that way. I think the mod you are talking about is Sir William's order export mod. I bought it and it is great. I just have to talk my clients into accepting the way the cart does the orders or get in and hack away on my personal test store until I get it to work.

You could also as i said Hide all orders that aren't Prossessing AND/OR compleated... but they do still need to be in the database... Or Possibly create a seporate ORDERS page that shows pending orders that would work and is easy to impliment...

You could also as i said Hide all orders that aren't Prossessing AND/OR compleated... but they do still need to be in the database... Or Possibly create a seporate ORDERS page that shows pending orders that would work and is easy to impliment...

Yes, I'm afraid I will have to go in and hack some more. I have done extensive modifications to much of the cart to add a new type of module (addons) so that they can add expidited shipping to orders in addition to the regular shipping calculations, I modded Goober's shipping mod to do both fixed rate bands or percentages, I also added a function that allows you to make a product exempt from shipping when adding or editing that product. I had to change data tables, create some new tables and modify a lot of pages. It works great but I will never be able to do any upgrades to this cart without wiping out all the modifications I've done.

I still really need someone to solve the option attributes display bug on the admin interface. That is really pissing my clients off.

If your client is still wanting to hide the Pending / Declined / Fraud Orders I have made the mod...

Product Information

This Mod Splits the order form taking all Pending - Frauduant and Declined orders on a seporate page leaving just the prossesing and compleated orders on the original page. This makes it easier to just see what needs to be done...

NOTE it can be split up further if you require...

Price: £5.00

EDIT: you can get this mod HERE

Edited by aikdo

With the adition of mine and EvilHomers Mods Shop you can now get this mod HERE

I will also edit the post above to reflect this change...

This looks good. The client also doesn't want to receive the notification emails (admin emails) if the orders are not accepted by the gateway. That email is sent BEFORE it goes to the gateway. Do you have a mod or hack for that? I think it would just be a question of moving that whole process to the success page in some way. I can probably do my own hack, but would rather get a mod from someone who has already done it successfully.

BTW - Tried to buy your mod and it says you have no payment types available. I'm in the U.S. Can you not take orders from the states?

We currently have paypal availablw which is world wide ill try sort that out for you and i will also add the e-mail adition to the mod for you.

Great! Let me know when you have it available and I will buy it straight away.

Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

We currently have paypal availablw which is world wide ill try sort that out for you and i will also add the e-mail adition to the mod for you.

Great! Let me know when you have it available and I will buy it straight away.

Thanks.

Any news on the additional mod to only send email if the transaction is approved? I need to have that along with the split transaction mod. That US$9.01 is burning a hole im my pocket! :)

Thanks.