'latest products' - major problem.

Guest highlystrung666

Guest highlystrung666

I've had to disable 'lastest products' from the homepage as i have a major problem with it, no matter which products are displayed the error -

"Sorry, that category code could not be found."

... is displayed when following the link to the products.

Can anyone explain why this would be?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am having the same problem, in latest Products, the link is formed wrongly (at least in my 3.0.5 shop) as it shows http://www.xxxx.xxx/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=55 but it should be http://www.xxxx.xxx/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=34

I have been looking in index.inc.php to see where the offending code is but no luck.

Anyone able to give me a clue where the minor change needs to be done. Maybe highlysrung666 or robsta could explain how they fixed this problem.

Regards

Peter

Guest shaohaoshaohao

I need help with the lastest product major problem....

i too have been experince it....

is just error when u click on the lastest product.....

can anyone help me pls....

my webpage is going to lanuch soon and this problem has been delaying my launch time...

pls help me thanks

PM me ..... i show u the lastest product problem

A few brushed aluminum skins went out early on with a corrupted content/index.tpl file, which had the links to latest products coded to look for categories rather than products. The problem was in the skin file skins/BrushedAluminum/styleTemplates/content/index.tpl

If you have the Brushed Aluminum skin and are experiencing this problem, you can look in that file and you will find two links, the first part of both the links will look like this:

<a href="index.php?act=viewCat&amp;cat_id={VAL_PRODUCT_ID}"

which needs to be changed in both links to look like this:

<a href="index.php?act=viewProd&amp;productId={VAL_PRODUCT_ID}"

You can change the code yourself if you are comfortable with it; alternatively I will send the corrected file by email request, or I will re-enable your download link so that you may download the corrected skin files.

If you are having a problem with the latest products not aligning correctly on your page, regardless of what skin you use, this is an inherent problem with CubeCartâ„¢ due to the floating division code. There is a tutorial on my site which explains how to cure this problem in your store. You can go to my website to download this and other "unofficial" CubeCartâ„¢ tutorials, or you can simply view it online here.