Killer skin display problems

Guest iamjoygray

Guest iamjoygray

Hi, I have two problems that I'd appreciate help with. Unfortunately I'm not remotely technical... All advice is welcome.

First, there is a white line going through the categories at the top of the screen. At first, I thought I had too many categories, so I reduced them, but the line is still there. However, as a result of consolidating categories (and making subcategories), I now have a 2nd issue - my subcategories are displaying like this:

1st category

large graphic

2nd category.

I have read the instructions for the ccbiz bix, saved the file as a new one, and uploaded it to the server (and checked that it is there), but nothing has changed. Do I need to delete the old file? I am guessing I do but I want to check first!

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I have two problems that I'd appreciate help with. Unfortunately I'm not remotely technical... All advice is welcome.

First, there is a white line going through the categories at the top of the screen. At first, I thought I had too many categories, so I reduced them, but the line is still there. However, as a result of consolidating categories (and making subcategories), I now have a 2nd issue - my subcategories are displaying like this:

1st category

large graphic

2nd category.

I have read the instructions for the ccbiz bix, saved the file as a new one, and uploaded it to the server (and checked that it is there), but nothing has changed. Do I need to delete the old file? I am guessing I do but I want to check first!

Thanks in advance.

Can you please post the URL of your site so we can see what you are talking about.

Guest iamjoygray

Hi, apologies - I was trying to keep the store off but things are pretty bleak so I will turn it on now. It is www.joycrafts.co.uk . I just tried a few more things.

1. On my laptop, there is a line through the killer skin's categories.

2. On my desktop, killer skin categories don't show up at all.

3. Classic and Legend look totally different depending on whether I use IE or Mozilla or my laptop or my desktop.

4. I used the fix to show subcategories, and they are still wonky...........

Thanks. :w00t:

Guest iamjoygray

Thanks....

I can't find it, which is worrying. I am looking at store -> includes. It shows two folders, boxes and contents. I don't see any file in boxes or contents that says global.

Guest iamjoygray

Thanks, Convict.

Okay - I have two.

1. Global.inc.php

Text file reads: <?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = '';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'localhost';

$glob['dbpassword'] = '';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = '';

$glob['installed'] = '0';

$glob['rootDir'] = '';

$glob['rootRel'] = '';

$glob['storeURL'] = '';

?>

2. Global.inc.php.bak

Text file reads:

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = '';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'localhost';

$glob['dbpassword'] = '';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = '';

$glob['installed'] = '0';

$glob['rootDir'] = '';

$glob['rootRel'] = '';

$glob['storeURL'] = '';

?>

Guest iamjoygray

I'm not sure... I downloaded those files from my server and then copied them in here - so I think (but I'm not sure) that this is all I've got. Are there different files I can upload?

Seems to be default files without any post install content. I dont belive your store is fully functional with this. Seems to be a local copy. Can you post here file content comming from server?

global.inc.php content must be full of data like database name, database site, database account and correct paths, URL to store. Content of this file is managed during install porcess.

I am suggesting, perform install proces once again.

Convict is quite right in this. Your global.inc should contain the paths to your database, username, password, root directory of your store and other information necessary to run your store.

Download and run the Cube Cart Configuration tool.CubeCart_Config_Tool_1.0.zip

Guest iamjoygray

Thanks, guys.

This gets scarier. No roots folder so I don't think I can use the config download. :D . (I did kill my store last week so maybe that's when it happened.)

If I re-install everything, will I lose it all - have quite a lot uploaded in the store. (What will I lose exactly?)

Bummer..... :w00t:

global.inc.php content must be full of data like database name, database site, database account and correct paths, URL to store. Content of this file is managed during install porcess.

I am suggesting, perform install proces once again.

Convict is quite right in this. Your global.inc should contain the paths to your database, username, password, root directory of your store and other information necessary to run your store.

Download and run the Cube Cart Configuration tool.CubeCart_Config_Tool_1.0.zip

If I re-install everything, will I lose it all - have quite a lot uploaded in the store. (What will I lose exactly?)
Keep your current database and store folder. Perform install process with a little be different folder name and database name or tables prefix. Then i can help you moving all necessary data. May be current entire database content will be used afterwards as orriginal one. This will be an additional work as we were talking about another work on your store via PM :w00t:

Guest iamjoygray

Thank you Convict :D You are a star :D :D

Keep your current database and store folder. Perform install process with a little be different folder name and database name or tables prefix. Then i can help you moving all necessary data. May be current entire database content will be used afterwards as orriginal one. This will be an additional work as we were talking about another work on your store via PM ;)