Ink cartridges & Printing Accessories

Guest Mysiteonline

Guest Mysiteonline

Nearly finished this shop for my sister in law.

www.postalink.co.uk

Thought i'd throw it open to a little critism etc.

I've just got to finish a few item listings, add pictures etc and then complete some testing and then it'll be ready for public launch!

All comments gratefully received.

Edited by Mysiteonline

Guest theboylard

www.postalink.co.uk

I've just got to finish a few item listings, add pictures etc and then complete some testing and then it'll be ready for public launch!

Nicely done, quick question:

How did you add all the products? Not manually I hope!!!

You might also like to check the t&c - they don't comply with the distance selling regs :whistle:

Specifically the returns bit.

Andy.

Guest Office Alien

www.postalink.co.uk

You might also like to check the t&c - they don't comply with the distance selling regs :whistle:

Andy.

I think it complies with distance selling

14 days cooling off period

returns accepted unopened unless faulty

Although some sellers give longer periods, by law it is my understanding that you are only entitled to offer 14 days

Guest theboylard

www.postalink.co.uk

You might also like to check the t&c - they don't comply with the distance selling regs ;)

Andy.

I think it complies with distance selling

14 days cooling off period

returns accepted unopened unless faulty

Although some sellers give longer periods, by law it is my understanding that you are only entitled to offer 14 days

Whoa there cowboy! Not digging at you, just passing on some info!

There has been some updates recently to the distance selling regs, along with a review of acceptable/unacceptable terms that predominantly IT companies use, but the OFT and Trading Standards think that these should apply to all distant retailers and are discussing revisions as we speak/type/post!

Some links:

http://tinyurl.com/a86et - OFT, Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (What a business has to do to comply)

http://tinyurl.com/4j4n - OFT, Shopping from home - returning or cancelling your order (from a consumers point of view)

http://tinyurl.com/9se6a - El Reg, hi-lights what the OFT have been up to.

Just because you offer more than the minimum does not exempt you from detailing what the consumer rights are.

If you read through the blurb above, you'll find that the consumer is entitled to a full refund of all costs, included that of initial carriage to the customer. The bit they can't get back is the cost of returning it to you. If the customer pushed it you might also find that even if they've opened the wrapper, they can still return it :(

I know this may seem highly unfair (and there's lots more that affects us etailers) but the consumer has basically got a gonad in each hand here and they ain't his/hers!!!

Oh, btw - you only have to offer 7 days from the day after receipt in order to cancel. But again, the guidance notes from the OFT indicate that basic rights for consumers will be increased and as such your 14 days is very much leaning in the right direction.

Sorry, been there, done that and been on the receiving end as well :whistle:

Guest Mysiteonline

All the products were added manually & there are still more that need adding then i want to check for any errors etc in the listings.

It has'nt taken that long, and we want to make sure everything is 100% accurate. (i already know of a few minor duplication errors)

Thanks for the info on distance selling regulations, i was'nt aware they were changing, will have to spare sometime to read through all your links etc.

Guest estelle

I like it! The skins is nice and clean, and the only way you might be able to improve it is to change the colours a little because Robsta has a good point. But its looking good!

Estelle.