Upgraded from 3.0.6 to 3.0.7

Guest webmax

Hmmmmmmmm. Starting to wonder about using CubeCart. Many versions, many years and yet there's a vulnerability which allows an ftp upload without an admin session solved by a simple include? O.K. no biggie, easy patch. Now theres a whole new version to fix that and other bugs? O.K. no biggie, upgrade.

After 3.0.7 upgrade, when you click on a product you get:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in

/home/...store/includes/content/viewProd.inc.php on line 34

Viewing this line it's:

}ugger is not the word

You need to remove 'ugger is not the word' and leave the }

I do appreciate the hardwork and you can't beat the price.

NervousDave~

Edited by webmax

Hmmmmmmmm. Starting to wonder about using CubeCart. After 3.0.7 upgrade, when you click on a product you get:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in

/home/...store/includes/content/viewProd.inc.php on line 34

Viewing this line it's:

}ugger is not the word

You need to remove 'ugger is not the word' and leave the }

Heh... I know, I had that too... I was wondering why nobody else had mentioned it! :whistle:

Even with that line fixed, there are still loads of 403 errors when trying to access various pages/areas.

I think we can safely say that 3.0.7 was rushed out in a panic without being properly tested!

Can anybody inform me of the documentation on how to upgrade from 3.0.6 to 3.0.7. The download that I received just gave me the upload files and no documentation.

There should be a text file within the zip file that tells you what to do to upgrade. It's in the "upgrade" folder within the zip file. I dont have it in front of me now, but basically you exclude a few files when uploading the rest of the files. It's best to save the zip file after opening it up, and deleting the files you need to "exclude" according to the upgrade.txt file. This way you can batch upload all the files without worrying about overwritting the ones you need to save.

3.0.7 has been tested but there will im afraid be some problems with 403 errors its in the intrest of keeping your Server safe dont forget its not just your site on the server but probably hundreads more and you can face high fines of some Web Host companies if it becomes damaged from a vunrability in a script.

Brooky will have this fixed ASAP but please all hold out with the few 403 errors for now as its better than having the risk of an attack...

Can anybody inform me of the documentation on how to upgrade from 3.0.6 to 3.0.7. The download that I received just gave me the upload files and no documentation.

My mistake, the Unzipping software I was using errored out and did not unzip all the files therefor leaving me without the upgrade directory. I do have the documentation after all. Thanks for the support anyway as usual.

3.0.7 has been tested but there will im afraid be some problems with 403 errors...... Brooky will have this fixed ASAP but please all hold out with the few 403 errors for now as its better than having the risk of an attack...

Okay, fair enough and understandable given the severity of the exploit. BUT it would have been nice to be told this in the release notes! And would have avoided all the posts related to getting 403's.