Re-Visiting this UPS Pricing Issue

Guest global777

Guest global777

I am starting a new topic on this issue in hopes to get a response from one of the programmers.

I just upgraded to 3.0.7-pl1, and I also installed the calc.php file found in another post regarding the UPS shipping prices.

However, when I do a test check out, the price for shipping STILL comes up well short of the price I get from logging into my UPS account and getting a quote.

I did a shipment of 1.5 lbs. from zip code 45066 (my location) to 80004 (near Denver). Upon checkout, the shipping is $6.88 for UPS Ground. However, the UPS quote is $8.90.

I did several domestic tests, all coming up short of the actual UPS price.

This only appears to be an issue with domestic shipping, as I did a test for a Canadien address, and the quotes matched perfectly.

Fixes?

Thanks, J.D.

Edited by global777

Guest slsmayville

I can feel your frustration. I'm sorry I can not help you.

However, I want to attach to this post a reminder not to buy the UPS mod or anything else from iceman2g's CubeServices website. The store is running on autopilot and you will never hear from the admin. It's a scam.

I know this because I was looking for a UPS mod that was supposed to be giving correct prices. I did a search on this forum and read all kinds of stuff about that mod. It turned out badly. I wanted anyone who might find this thread via the search option on this forum to not get scammed themselves.

I will be watching this thread to see what answers you might get because I'm interested too.

Good luck.

Guest global777

Thanks for the info, Stacey. It appears that the programmers (nor anyone) will respond to these issues. That's unfortunate, becuase I'm planning to pay the $70 to them. But only if they can resolve these MAJOR problems. Any kind of response would be a start....

There is also an issue with the USPS module that needs addressed:

My issue with USPS is that when a customer of mine from Canada orders a book, they are presented with EVERY USPS shipping option possible, INCLUDING "AirMail Letter-Post" ...which is IMPOSSIBLE for me to send a book in a regular business envelope!!!!

Also, a domestic customer is presented with 2 options of "Flat Rate Priority Mail Box" (2 different sizes). It should just say simply "Flat Rate Box" with no options of sizes...they don't know what size of a box to select!

Fixes? WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE RESPOND??? PROGRAMMERS???

Thanks, J.D.

First off, I'm still trying to figure out why the UPS module is giving different prices than what you're getting from the site. Everything looks "normal" in the script. I don't initially see any issues, but then again I didn't code that script.

As for the USPS, the Postal Service, as is par for most Government Agencies, specifies what you can and can't request from them price-wise. They leave hardly any room for leeway in what you do. However, I'll see if there's a way to work out these details.....that module I did rewrite.

:sourcerer:

Guest tbladecki

I have been away for some time as I have had other obligations to attend to and have not had the time that I once did on these fourms, however I am back and will begin doing smoe catching up....

global777, I have seen several messages where you state that the programmers/developers seem to not be concerned or intrested in your problems, but please keep in mind that there are a number of people that watch these fourms very carefully and work on issues, even if they do not reply stating that they are.... some of these issues take a lot of time and commitment to figure out and they "the programmer/developer" working on them do not have the extra time to post updates each and everyday.

All I am saying is that just because it does not apprear to be getting worked on does not mean that it is not.

Just to clarify do you have the currencies all set correct does your store have more than one currency?

e.g does it happen if some1 pays in £ and the ups is in $ ?

Guest global777

Just to clarify do you have the currencies all set correct does your store have more than one currency?

e.g does it happen if some1 pays in £ and the ups is in $ ?

As for me, I have all my currencies set to USD.

• 2 weeks later...

I am starting a new topic on this issue in hopes to get a response from one of the programmers.

I just upgraded to 3.0.7-pl1, and I also installed the calc.php file found in another post regarding the UPS shipping prices.

However, when I do a test check out, the price for shipping STILL comes up well short of the price I get from logging into my UPS account and getting a quote.

I did a shipment of 1.5 lbs. from zip code 45066 (my location) to 80004 (near Denver). Upon checkout, the shipping is $6.88 for UPS Ground. However, the UPS quote is $8.90.

I did several domestic tests, all coming up short of the actual UPS price.

This only appears to be an issue with domestic shipping, as I did a test for a Canadien address, and the quotes matched perfectly.

Fixes?

Thanks, J.D.

Same Frustrating Problem Here, Good To Know Its Being Looked Into

Guest tbladecki

I will look into this as soon as possiable, as I have ups enabeld and the prices match to the penny on my account... but i think that it has to do with pickup method on you ups account, if it is using "book" rates or "prefered rates" but i will look and see.

I am getting the same UPS pricing problem. I got PayPal working, actually that went quite well using the Mark's Carts tutorial- entered a 1 lb item going from my zip code TO my zip code. CubeCart calculated $5.76 UPS site quotes $9.41.

Ouch!

Regarding the calc.php - the post says it is only for 3.0.6. Is it also for 3.0.7pl1?

Guest Eggmansworld

I am currently working on the whole UPS issue and building a canadian version. ;)

Now this is very enlightening to hear! CubeCart is a great store, I enjoy using it but I know I'd love to give my worldwide customers more than just averaged "by weight" prices using Canada Post, as some don't mind paying more to use the premium courier companies.

Please keep us all updated about your UPS Canada version, and thanks!

would it be easier to have in the product options the ability to add which shippings is used per product. I have a 74 lb product that wont be overnighted, so that one could just use ground. I have another that could go all 3 ways, and not go usps whatsoever.....times like this i wish i was a good programmer!

There Is A Frustrating Problem With The UPS Shiping Calculator That Has Not Been Resolved As Of Yet & Probably Will Not Be In The Near Future :) , But Dont Dispair They Have People Working On It. :D If You Are Selling Products That Require The UPS Calculator And Not Flat Rate For The Time Being Hands Off Cubecart! :D

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....hl=UPS+Shipping

• 2 weeks later...

There Is A Frustrating Problem With The UPS Shiping Calculator That Has Not Been Resolved As Of Yet & Probably Will Not Be In The Near Future ;) , But Dont Dispair They Have People Working On It. :D If You Are Selling Products That Require The UPS Calculator And Not Flat Rate For The Time Being Hands Off Cubecart! :)

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....hl=UPS+Shipping

I think the problem lies in the fact that UPS has added a surcharge to their shipping quotes. I was noticing that if I go to the UPS Site and get a quote then look at details that indeed the UPS Mod is giving the currect quote but isn't adding the surcharge. What I did to fix this was up the weight to get close to UPS'S Quote until there is a fix..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest jfn9488

I will look into this as soon as possiable, as I have ups enabeld and the prices match to the penny on my account... but i think that it has to do with pickup method on you ups account, if it is using "book" rates or "prefered rates" but i will look and see.

What do you mean by book rates and preferred rates.

We have been using UPS WorldShip at our regular business for many years and have daily pick up

and delivery with UPS. I can check the rates on my pc when I print a shipping label. I am evaluating

CC10 for a new online store. Our customers demand we use UPS shipping from our store.

I have enabled the UPS shipping module and find that the rates are not what I get when

checked against WorldShip rates.

Another problem seems to be that there is no way to get the right rate for a customers home address

as opposed to a commercial address.

Finally, is ther anyway to send the customer a tracking label when shippent is made?

Can anybody help with these UPS problems?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kristina

I just looked and it is giving quotes for people with daily pickup. So I guess we need a mod or fix with a box to check in the admin panel for those of us who drop off our items. I had a feeling that was what the problem was. And sure enough the quote from CC quoted to the penny correctly when I selected that I had a daily pickup on the UPS Site.

Now if I only knew how to fix this...

Guest Kristina

I just looked and it is giving quotes for people with daily pickup. So I guess we need a mod or fix with a box to check in the admin panel for those of us who drop off our items. I had a feeling that was what the problem was. And sure enough the quote from CC quoted to the penny correctly when I selected that I had a daily pickup on the UPS Site.

Now if I only knew how to fix this...

I did some looking around and found that the code for daily pickup was indeed used... I tried to change it to customer pickup without any luck. I think something in the code may be broken.

I changed modules/shipping/UPS/calc.php code

$rate->rate("RDP");	 // See the rate() function for codes

to: 

$rate->rate("CC");	 // See the rate() function for codes

I found the codes in modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php code

This hasn't changed it. Maybe someone who is more familer with coding can take a look and see if something else must be changed. Also maybe it could include adding this option to the admin section...see /admin/modules/shipping/UPS/index.php

Guest Kristina

Well after many hours of wanting to rip all my hair out :) .... I fixed it! I currently have submitted the fix to the downloads section. Anyhow I'm going to go ahead and give it to you all ...

1. delete this section of code in /modules/shipping/ups/ups.php:

array("http://www.ups.com/using/services/rave/qcostcgi.cgi?

accept_UPS_license_agreement=yes",

"10_action=$upsAction",

"13_product=$this->upsProductCode",

"14_origCountry=$this->originCountryCode",

"15_origPostal=$this->originPostalCode",

"19_destPostal=$this->destPostalCode",

"22_destCountry=$this->destCountryCode",

"23_weight=$this->packageWeight",

"47_rateChart=$this->rateCode",

"48_container=$this->containerCode",

"49_residential=$this->resComCode"

And replace with this: 

array("http://www.ups.com/using/services/rave/qcostcgi.cgi?

accept_UPS_license_agreement=yes",

"10_action=$upsAction",

"13_product=$this->upsProductCode",

"14_origCountry=$this->originCountryCode",

"15_origPostal=$this->originPostalCode",

"19_destPostal=$this->destPostalCode",

"22_destCountry=$this->destCountryCode",

"23_weight=$this->packageWeight",

"47_rate_chart=$this->rateCode",

"48_container=$this->containerCode",

"49_residential=$this->resComCode"

2. Go to /modules/shipping/ups/calc.php: 

Replace this: 

$rate->rate("CC");

with this: 

$rate->rate($module['rate']);

Replace this: 

$rate->rescom("RES");

with this: 

$rate->rescom($module['rescom']);

replace this:

$sum = $quote;

with this: 

$sum = $quote+($module['handling']);

3. add this code to the file /admin/modules/shipping/ups/index.php:

<tr>

<td align="left" class="tdText"><strong>Are you sending most of your customers packages to Residential or Commercial Addresses?</strong><br />

Residential (RES) <br />

Commerical (COM) <br />   </td>

<td class="tdText"><input type="text" name="module[rescom]" value="<?php echo $module['rescom']; ?>" class="textbox" size="4" /></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td  class="tdText"><strong>How will you get your packages to UPS?</strong><br />

Daily Pickup (RDP) <br />

On Call Air (OCA) <br />	  

One Time Pickup (OTP) <br />	  

Letter Center (LC)<br />	  

Customer Counter (CC)<br />

<td valign="top"  class="tdText">

<input type="text" name="module[rate]" value="<?php echo $module['rate']; ?>" class="textbox" size="4

" />

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="left" class="tdText"><strong>Handling Fee:</strong></td>

<td class="tdText">$<input type="text" name="module[handling]" value="<?php echo $module['handling']; ?>" class="textbox" size="10" /></td>

</tr>

4. Open your admin panel. Go to your shipping modules and configure UPS. Be sure to change the options for Residential or Commerical address and How you will drop your packages off to UPS. You can also now specify a handling fee.

:) Hope this helps some of you and saves you the frustration. The biggest problem was the error in the ups.php file. Because the rate code wasn't specified right it wasn't sending the rate code data to UPS and UPS defaulted to Daily Pickup.

I also attached a zip file with the modified files, so you can just replace them if you want.

UPS_Rate_Fix.zip

• 2 weeks later...
Guest niko18

The Find and Replace that you specify are the same lines of code???? what is the change?

I still have a rate problem, it charges way too little for ground shipping... any ideas?

Guest Kristina

The Find and Replace that you specify are the same lines of code???? what is the change?

I still have a rate problem, it charges way too little for ground shipping... any ideas?

They are not the same... there is a small significant difference ;)

Original:

"47_rateChart=$this->rateCode",

Correct Version: 

"47_rate_chart=$this->rateCode",

I used the whole section because it seemed like it would be easier to find that larger section rather than looking for one small line of code and leave less room for someone to accidentally delete something they need to get the correct rates. :D