Re-Visiting this UPS Pricing Issue

Guest global777

Guest Kristina

ok, well this did not work for me... it is still charging too little for freight.

I don't believe this module supports freight. I know the script used for this module has been around sometime and I believe the freight option at UPS is new. I'm not sure if the xml version quotes for freight either. CC doesn't have an XML version yet for quotes, but maybe someone has a module for that. If not, you may need to have someone develop a module for you if you need support for freight.

My meaning of freight on this is if you were going to choose freight when using the form to Calculate Time and Cost at UPS.

If you are just sending normal packages, PM me and I can help you get it sorted out. If you are sending regular packages be sure to make sure that in your admin panel you have specified your codes in the box without brackets.. i.e. RES not (RES). If you need anymore help let me know. :)

Guest Xaxium

Just wanted to say I am using 3.0.10 and I couldn't find the sections to replace in calc.php but did in the ups.php.. What I ended up doing is just replacing the calc.php and ups.php files with yours (Kristina) and then manually adding the code to the admin section index.php (I was afraid if it was a newer version then when you wrote the instructions and I directly replaced the file for the admin index i might loose another feature there or something). Anyway, It worls great now doing that.

Thanks for your work Kristina :sourcerer:

Guest Kristina

Just wanted to say I am using 3.0.10 and I couldn't find the sections to replace in calc.php but did in the ups.php.. What I ended up doing is just replacing the calc.php and ups.php files with yours (Kristina) and then manually adding the code to the admin section index.php (I was afraid if it was a newer version then when you wrote the instructions and I directly replaced the file for the admin index i might loose another feature there or something). Anyway, It worls great now doing that.

Thanks for your work Kristina :)

There is lots of code to look through...sorry it wasn't easier to find. I know that people often don't like to look through code or are fearful to replace it, so that's why I made the files to upload too. Glad the mod worked for you! :)

Krisitna

P.S. Just in case anyone else was wondering....I wrote this mod with 3.0.10 stripped bare (no mods installed), so if anyone else is worried you can just replace the files, as long as you haven't installed other mods to those files. :sourcerer: I would think that it would work with other versions of cube cart, but it hasn't been tested.

• 3 months later...
Guest patchcables

Is there any way the UPS module could be bypassed and a message printed on the screen telling customers they will receive a shipping quote via phone/e-mail? I would like them to still be able to process their order even if CC can't retrieve a quote from UPS.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kristina

Is there any way the UPS module could be bypassed and a message printed on the screen telling customers they will receive a shipping quote via phone/e-mail? I would like them to still be able to process their order even if CC can't retrieve a quote from UPS.

There isn't that I know of now. I'm sure I know how to do this, but I must finish a couple other mods I started first.

Kristina

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your work Kristina :rolly:

Ditto --

This worked perfectly! Thanks so much

First I'd like to say I really LIKE this cart! Does just what I want it to....however, I did the UPS fix and it seems to be adding in shipping, but it does NOT show a choice during checkout. Can this be fixed? I'm not sure just what is being charged???!!! (ground or what)

Please help if you can. I need to get this cart online soon.

Thanks in advance!

carol

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Denver Dave

The calculated UPS price does not seem to be high enough compared to the http://wwwapps.ups.com/calTimeCost?loc=en_US website. Are others having this issue? Might be because of surcharges for gas? .... or maybe one of the parameters that I have set incorrectly?

===============

examples:

send from 30752

to 80209

.3 lbs = $6.45 exactly matches cubecart and UPS site

1.5 lbs = $6.98 CubeCart vs $7.19 UPS - wonder why the difference?

Perhaps a bigger issue for us is there is an initial weight for a box which is needed for any order, but the same box and weight may be used for several items. If we add into the per item weight we penalize customers that order more than on, but if we don't add in at all, we are short, especially for light items.

======

Also, most of our shippments are to residential addresses - don't see any option to select residential or commercial. Residential is higher - much higher.

• 2 months later...
Guest Anthony Chiarello

I did the UPS fix mod that was posted just one problem under /admin/modules/shipping/ups/ there is no index.php am i missing somthing here?