I need a tutorial..

Guest sound

Hi,

Ok.. I've asked this allready i know, i would have tryed an old mod if i could f found it.

I'd like to display audio buttons in the main categories descriptions instead of the user having to click "more"

Right here in each Product i think they should be displayed:

.net/cc/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=7

Later

Hi,

Here are the steps you'll need to do to accomplish what you are looking for:

1. Create a new field in inventoy table, call it "audio" and make it text format.

2. Create a new edit area in the admin/products/index.php file to input and save audio buttons link information.

3. Add the contents of the "audio" field to the description field contents in the viewCat.inc.php

I am oversimplifying it a bit. But that is a basic idea.

I would be happy to mod the store for you. Please PM for details.

Thanks

/Goober

Hi,

I'm in phpmyadmin

Click on the cart_inventory table on the left and that brings up the list on the right.

Underneath that list i select Add 1 Field/s at Beginning of Table and i click "Go"

On the next screen all i got to do is put "audio" in the Field box and change the type to text and click Save ?

Haven't finished it yet, don't wanna damage anything i can't fix.

If someone could run us through the steps above that would be great.

I'm full sure there's not alot of coding involved to do what i was askin..

But 1. 2. 3. shazam doesn't really help me learn how it's done..

1. Create a new field in inventoy table, call it "audio" and make it text format.

2. Create a new edit area in the admin/products/index.php file to input and save audio buttons link information.

3. Add the contents of the "audio" field to the description field contents in the viewCat.inc.php

Basicaly, i want to add audio samples for every product on the site,

I can easily do this by entering the audio button code in the description area when adding a new product,

but.. you got to click a category on the left and then click the product's image which takes you to another page (product information) and here's where my audio buttons are visable... but i/my users don't want that;

When you click on a cat on the left you should see the audio samps with the product's discription

They're must be an easy way to do this, sorry i wasn't able to follow instructions on this before.

Yea and i know this could easily be coded by someone else but then i learnt nothing */*

Something like this:

ex.jpg

What you want to do is very similar to booker's Brief Product Descriptions mod, which you can find here.

You would substitute your audio file URL(s) for the brief product description, but the steps are the same. You need to create a new field for each audio file per product in the database, add them to your layout (PHP and skin files), and add them to the admin interface so you can set them from there. The details of what you want are different, but everything you need to do is covered in this mod.

You might try just applying that mod as is for practice to be sure that you understand how it all fits together (it's a good mod that you might want to use anyway).

Thanks Zap.. that would be a great solution,

But.. i think those instructions were for an older version of cc?

Can't seem to locate the files specified in the info.

I'll have to try it on an older version of cubecart.

Thanks Zap.. that would be a great solution,

But.. i think those instructions were for an older version of cc?

Can't seem to locate the files specified in the info.

I'll have to try it on an older version of cubecart.

Whoops. You're right. That mod is for an older version of CC.

You need to:

1. Add a new field to your database for each audio file you want per product
  2. Add each new field to the product administration script (now in admin/products/index.php)
    * Each field needs to be added to the code around line 150 (e.g., $record["audio1"] = $db->mySQLSafe($_POST['audio1']);)
    * As well as also down below in the form
  3. Add each of these fields to viewCat.inc.php
    * Each field needs to be added to the both $productListQuery statements around line 154
    * As well as also down below where replacement text for your templates is defined (e.g., $view_cat->assign("AUDIO1",$productResults[$i]['audio1']);)
  4. Add each field's replacement text (e.g., {AUDIO1}) to your skin's viewCat.tpl template
Those are the correct steps as of CC 3.0.6.

1. I entered store_inventory and created a new field:

Field(audio) / Type(text) / Attributes(left blank) / Null(no) / Default(left blank) / Extra(left blank)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Add this new field to the product administration script:

i.e. Line 157:

$record["audio"] = $db->mySQLSafe($_POST['audio'])

$record["name"] = $db->mySQLSafe($_POST['name']);

$record["cat_id"] = $db->mySQLSafe($_POST['cat_id']);

$record["description"] = $db->mySQLSafe($_POST['description']);

$record["image"] = $db->mySQLSafe($_POST['imageName']);

$record["price"] = $db->mySQLSafe($_POST['price']);

$record["sale_price"] = $db->mySQLSafe($_POST['sale_price']);

$record["stock_level"] = $db->mySQLSafe($_POST['stock_level']);

$record["useStockLevel"] = $db->mySQLSafe($_POST['useStockLevel']);

$record["digital"] = $db->mySQLSafe($_POST['digital']);

$record["digitalDir"] = $db->mySQLSafe($_POST['digitalDir']);

$record["prodWeight"] = $db->mySQLSafe($_POST['prodWeight']);

$record["taxType"] = $db->mySQLSafe($_POST['taxType']);

$record["showFeatured"] = $db->mySQLSafe($_POST['showFeatured']);

As well as also down below in the form

I wasn't sure what you meant by that so i presume this means in the same index.php around line 390 add a new line like below?

<td align="center" class="tdTitle"><?php echo $lang['admin']['products']['audio];?></td>

<td align="center" class="tdTitle"><?php echo $lang['admin']['products']['id'];?></td>

<td align="center" class="tdTitle"><?php echo $lang['admin']['products']['type'];?></td>

<td align="center" class="tdTitle"><?php echo $lang['admin']['products']['prod_code'];?></td>

<td align="center" class="tdTitle"><?php echo $lang['admin']['products']['name'];?></td>

<td align="center" class="tdTitle"><?php echo $lang['admin']['products']['master_cat2'];?></td>

<td align="center" class="tdTitle"><?php echo $lang['admin']['products']['image'];?></td>

<td align="center" class="tdTitle"><?php echo $lang['admin']['products']['price_sale_price'];?></td>

<td align="center" class="tdTitle"><?php echo $lang['admin']['products']['in_stock'];?></td>

<td class="tdTitle" colspan="3" align="center" width="20%"><?php echo $lang['admin']['products']['action'];?></td>

Least i have this to look over when i mess it up which i have, i can go back.

Well not exactly, no. You need to add a form field and make sure that its value is the contents of the audio variable (if that variable is set). Look for example at the product title form field and you'll see what I mean.

Hi,

I don't have the skills to do this by myself or by following basic instructions, no offence meant

Allthough i've asked in about 3 posts and searched the forums and tryed to

pull the relavent info from theose posts i have found, i can't figure it out damn!

So.. If anybody has a full step-by-step on this fairly simple modifiication

that i believe should be part of cubecart anyway, please stick it here.

Here's the posts i made and the replys.. what i was trying to do :

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....topic=14930&hl=

And

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....topic=14732&hl=

Appreciate your replys guys but you know what you're talking about, i don't..

If this was for php nuke or many other cms's i think i'd have found out allready.

But with cubecart, it' either find someone to do it or pay someone to do it or...

Do it yourself if you can find someone to teach you.. i installed cc before christmas.

It's something simple to mod if i knew how, but i'm not usin cubecart for real pproducts

untill i'm happy with the layout and know ot's convenoient enough for my future shoppers.

later thanks.

bondage.gif

• 1 year later...

so what happens with this now?

i been watching this topic for quite a while and even tryed to use the script in one of my stores

it didnt work

"Simple Digital Medai Mod"

I am currently using CC 3.0.15

does this mod with with this version of CC or not?

• 1 month later...

PLease somebody can tell me where i can find the Simple Digital Media Preview Clips 2.0

Because the forum ofcubart.org is closed and i cant download it anymore at http://www.cubecart.org/forums/index.php?s...91&hl=audio

Kind regards, john

Does anyone have the link for this, or could they be so kind as to e-mail it to me?

Visit cubecartforums.org for third-party mods ;)

Guest naturalstudio

PLease somebody can tell me where i can find the Simple Digital Media Preview Clips 2.0

Because the forum ofcubart.org is closed and i cant download it anymore at http://www.cubecart.org/forums/index.php?s...91&hl=audio

Kind regards, john

Does anyone have the link for this, or could they be so kind as to e-mail it to me?

Couldn't find a working link for it there...?

Kind regards, john

You will need to post over there as this forum does not permit third-party mods to be discussed.

Guest naturalstudio

Kind regards, john

You will need to post over there as this forum does not permit third-party mods to be discussed.

Well, I can't find it there anyway. So what do I have to do to make this work? I'm happy to pay for a mod, but I can't even find one anyway.