Paypal IPN/Auto return payment failed solution

Guest go77306

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SwishEmporium

I just gave up and changed the text in the language file from "your order has failed" to "Thanks for your order" !!!

LOL it works and I couldnt figure out how to fix it.

I know I could run into problems but its better than it was.

I know you are changing the wording, but is the cart updating the stock, or is it still showing the stock as though the order has failed.

Does the order show as pending or processing??

I tried to apply this patch but I can't get the confirmation email to send to the store. The confirmation is sent to the customer and I'm also able to email customers from the store. Is there another setting that I need to enable the store to recieve emails on new orders? Also, I'm not quite sure what to put in the auth_code...I downloaded my cert but I'm not quite clear on what I need...Any help is greatly appreciated as this is my last hurdle before opening my store. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been heading my head against the wall for the past two weeks trying to figure out why my IPN doesn't work and finally I think I figured it out last night thanks to this script and the log that it creates.

the problem as it turned out to be is my blasted ISP Goddady. They use some sort of proxy (squid) which prevents my IPN from talking to www.paypal.com or sandbox.paypal.com. what the recommend is that I use curl script to bypass the proxy. they even have sample script which since I am not a programmer I cant make heads or tails out of. Has anyone had this problem ? do anyone know anything about curl and what it would take to integrate it into IPN. I am also open to changing my ISP if someone can suggest a good ISP that they use which works with IPN I would love to here from them.

Thanks

Guest BearyCountry

I am really really frustrated. I have done all of the above and I still can't get a return to merchant working correctly. Please, can anyone help me? I am getting the following error:

Warning: fopen(/location for my log files/2006-Oct-06.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\hshome\bearycou\bearycountry.com\cubecart\includes\content\confirmed.inc.php on line 278

can't open file

If you can help, I would really appreciate it.

Hi ive just installed the latest version of the cart for the first time and im getting this dreadful error! ive added the fix to the code and im stillg getting the error. in the orders they all come through as pending so it might be the IPN not owrking but how can i fix it or check it is working??

Guest go77306

I am really really frustrated. I have done all of the above and I still can't get a return to merchant working correctly. Please, can anyone help me? I am getting the following error:

Warning: fopen(/location for my log files/2006-Oct-06.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\hshome\bearycou\bearycountry.com\cubecart\includes\content\confirmed.inc.php on line 278

can't open file

If you can help, I would really appreciate it.

turn off debug:

isDebug=false;

Hi ive just installed the latest version of the cart for the first time and im getting this dreadful error! ive added the fix to the code and im stillg getting the error. in the orders they all come through as pending so it might be the IPN not owrking but how can i fix it or check it is working??

what's in the log?

Guest spanishben

I have used this mod for one month with complete success, until last week, when I changed hosts. I moved all my files over to the new host and the shop is working fine, orders coming through and processing with no problem.

However, a couple of customers have got the order failed screen again, something which never happened on the old host with this mod applied. One of them used an echeck I believe, but the other seemed like a normal paypal payment.

After I changed hosts, the only thing I did regarding your mod/code was to change the location of the log files folder and update the path in your code. At the moment the log file is now below the public_html level (previously it was in public_html), but I have set the path right and it is still receiving the log files fine, so I can't imagine it is that...

Here is the log file for a day when one user paid three times, twice ending up on the order failed page, then finally getting through:

[2006/Oct/12, 4:43:01] 

[2006/Oct/12, 4:43:01] Using PDT to check order status for tx:5xxxxxxxxx9

[2006/Oct/12, 4:43:13] Verify Success

[2006/Oct/12, 8:26:31] 

[2006/Oct/12, 8:26:31] Using PDT to check order status for tx:5xxxxxxxxxxxJ

[2006/Oct/12, 8:26:35] Verify Failed, Paypal response follows:

[2006/Oct/12, 8:26:35]		 Amount = 16.50

[2006/Oct/12, 8:26:35]		Invoice = 

[2006/Oct/12, 8:26:35] Receiver Email = [email protected]

[2006/Oct/12, 8:28:35] 

[2006/Oct/12, 8:28:35] Using PDT to check order status for tx:2xxxxxxxJ

[2006/Oct/12, 8:28:56] HTTP ERROR

[2006/Oct/12, 14:46:20] 

[2006/Oct/12, 14:46:20] Using PDT to check order status for tx:7xxxxxxxxxx7

[2006/Oct/12, 14:46:29] Verify Success

[2006/Oct/12, 22:16:40] 

[2006/Oct/12, 22:16:40] Using PDT to check order status for tx:0xxxxxxxxC

[2006/Oct/12, 22:16:41] Verify Success

[2006/Oct/12, 22:21:01] 

[2006/Oct/12, 22:21:01] Using PDT to check order status for tx:8xxxxxxxxxxxE

[2006/Oct/12, 22:21:02] Verify Success

The other error was:

[2006/Oct/02, 20:36:47] Using PDT to check order status for tx:8xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxY

[2006/Oct/02, 20:36:47] Payment Failed, Paypal response follows:

[2006/Oct/02, 20:36:47] FAIL

Error: 4002

The recevier email in the first code is mine, which seems strange as well. Any ideas why I should start having trouble just because I moved server/host? There are lots of 'verify success's as well, but why a these few errors?

One thing, I have not yet got https ssl enabled yet on the new server, could that be it?

Guest go77306

For the first error, I think for some reason, connecting to paypal's website from your host machine failed. If you host machine is a shared one, that is very possible. e.g. someone restarted the apache during to config change.

for the second one, it's paypal returning 4002 error, not sure what it is. but you do have success orders after you change the host, don'tyou?

I have used this mod for one month with complete success, until last week, when I changed hosts. I moved all my files over to the new host and the shop is working fine, orders coming through and processing with no problem.

However, a couple of customers have got the order failed screen again, something which never happened on the old host with this mod applied. One of them used an echeck I believe, but the other seemed like a normal paypal payment.

After I changed hosts, the only thing I did regarding your mod/code was to change the location of the log files folder and update the path in your code. At the moment the log file is now below the public_html level (previously it was in public_html), but I have set the path right and it is still receiving the log files fine, so I can't imagine it is that...

Here is the log file for a day when one user paid three times, twice ending up on the order failed page, then finally getting through:

[2006/Oct/12, 4:43:01] 

[2006/Oct/12, 4:43:01] Using PDT to check order status for tx:5xxxxxxxxx9

[2006/Oct/12, 4:43:13] Verify Success

[2006/Oct/12, 8:26:31] 

[2006/Oct/12, 8:26:31] Using PDT to check order status for tx:5xxxxxxxxxxxJ

[2006/Oct/12, 8:26:35] Verify Failed, Paypal response follows:

[2006/Oct/12, 8:26:35]		 Amount = 16.50

[2006/Oct/12, 8:26:35]		Invoice = 

[2006/Oct/12, 8:26:35] Receiver Email = [email protected]

[2006/Oct/12, 8:28:35] 

[2006/Oct/12, 8:28:35] Using PDT to check order status for tx:2xxxxxxxJ

[2006/Oct/12, 8:28:56] HTTP ERROR

[2006/Oct/12, 14:46:20] 

[2006/Oct/12, 14:46:20] Using PDT to check order status for tx:7xxxxxxxxxx7

[2006/Oct/12, 14:46:29] Verify Success

[2006/Oct/12, 22:16:40] 

[2006/Oct/12, 22:16:40] Using PDT to check order status for tx:0xxxxxxxxC

[2006/Oct/12, 22:16:41] Verify Success

[2006/Oct/12, 22:21:01] 

[2006/Oct/12, 22:21:01] Using PDT to check order status for tx:8xxxxxxxxxxxE

[2006/Oct/12, 22:21:02] Verify Success

The other error was:

[2006/Oct/02, 20:36:47] Using PDT to check order status for tx:8xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxY

[2006/Oct/02, 20:36:47] Payment Failed, Paypal response follows:

[2006/Oct/02, 20:36:47] FAIL

Error: 4002

The recevier email in the first code is mine, which seems strange as well. Any ideas why I should start having trouble just because I moved server/host? There are lots of 'verify success's as well, but why a these few errors?

One thing, I have not yet got https ssl enabled yet on the new server, could that be it?

Guest spanishben

yes, lots of success, but just these two or three errors... I will add the ssl cert today, maybe that will help? Thanks for your help.

This is wierd. Once again I have just had an echeck payment stay as 'pending' and not convert to 'processing'. This all worked fine before moving server, and now is not working again properly. Other non-e-check sales are working fine.

No error turned up in the log in the case of this echeck.

Is it possible that paypal have made a change at their end so that this no longer works?

• 3 years later...
Guest Atta_Girl

I am new to cubecart and am also having problems with PayPal...

I am running a sample order and PayPal is collecting the funds and sending both the store and the 'customer' confirmation.

However, the 'customer' is getting an on screen error stating the order failed.

The order is also not being logged at all - no record in the admin section and emails are not going out to the store or the 'customer' from cubecart.

Does anyone have a good fix???

I have read through many of the posts and just changing the wording to 'Thank you for your order' won't solve the problem :rolleyes:

Guest Atta_Girl

Thank you! With this I was able to resolve a portion of my problem...

The order is now being logged through CC.

My next portion to find the answer to and fix is why CC is still saying on screen that the order failed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest leew87

hi i have tried this mod to help me fix my paypal problem i have used sandbox for testing but i still get problems

Confirmation Screen

Basket » Address » Payment » Complete

Sorry, your order failed!

You can attempt to purchase your basket contents again below:

i have checked the log directory but it is empty so even that is not much help can anyone please please please help me paypal is driving me crazy.

hi i have tried this mod to help me fix my paypal problem i have used sandbox for testing but i still get problems

Confirmation Screen

Basket » Address » Payment » Complete

Sorry, your order failed!

You can attempt to purchase your basket contents again below:

i have checked the log directory but it is empty so even that is not much help can anyone please please please help me paypal is driving me crazy.

Did you follow the checklist in the third-party forum documentation? that usually resolves any configuration issues.

• 4 months later...

This thing is driving me crazy!

I am running v3.0.17

I have gone through the checklist on the site which must not be mentioned.

I have added the bits mentioned there.

I have added the stuff at the start of this thread.

I have a log file which is les than helpful:

[2010/Jul/27, 16:15:46]

[2010/Jul/27, 16:15:46] Using PDT to check order status for tx:51K79246E35200713

[2010/Jul/27, 16:15:48] Verify Failed, Paypal response follows:

[2010/Jul/27, 16:15:48] Amount =

[2010/Jul/27, 16:15:48] Invoice = 100726-173147-4548

[2010/Jul/27, 16:15:48] Receiver Email = [email protected]

[2010/Jul/27, 17:08:24]

[2010/Jul/27, 17:08:24] Using PDT to check order status for tx:0M914916CE340060W

[2010/Jul/27, 17:08:24] Payment Failed, Paypal response follows:

[2010/Jul/27, 17:08:24]

It seems to be missing a few bits.

I have made sure the PP primary email is the same as the CC one.

I turned on IPN messages in PP (which does not get mentioned often)

STILL I get failed orders and orders listed as Pending

I am finding it hard to check after changes as whenever I try and do a new purchase PP tells me the invoice has already been paid. Is there any way to force a new invoice number?