Uploading .SWF files?

Guest denwood

Guest denwood

I have created a flash movie that I would like to use in my store, but am not even able to upload it. Is there a workaround for this?

(I have used an animated gif and it works fine but just isn't as "smooth")

Someone had a mod for this a while ago i cant remember who im afraid though, maybe the author is still around or someone knows where to get it,

But just letting you know it DOES exsist...

GIF, JPEG, PNG are the right files.

You can upload SWF by FTP client, put its name direct into DB and do some changes to php code where this SWF should be viewed (vewProd.inc.php). You should assign a static domension for SWF. Dont forget to create thumbnail and upload it too (with a proper prefix).

Contact me for more.

EDIT

or read this

There is a mod that does ALL that for you, it creates a static thumbnail image and uses the flash as a product image and its all done in the admin area just like adding an image...

If i can find one ill work on this for you, its not a hard mod to create at all but if you can find the mod that is already exsisting then you may as well use that :)

Guest denwood

There is a mod that does ALL that for you, it creates a static thumbnail image and uses the flash as a product image and its all done in the admin area just like adding an image...

If i can find one ill work on this for you, its not a hard mod to create at all but if you can find the mod that is already exsisting then you may as well use that :)

That sounds like a pretty useful mod. Being a newb with php, I think I better try the "tried and true" method. Thanks for all the great feedback. I will be checking back.

Guest shannonlp

I played around with getting flash into my site and got it to work. I didn't use any of the methods above just changed the index.tpl file and added the flash via dreamweaver. It is very picky and you have to be sure you ahve proper sizes set for your CSS or the page will be badly distorted.

Guest shannonlp

Well done but your method doesnt work as Flash movie for any store product.

BTW you are right about proper page dimension. Known liability.

I was goin to start pplaying with getting those changed. Been to busy. Nice to know about a mod for this purpose saves time.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to replace the 'topHeader.jpg' with 'topHeader.swf' as I have made a flash movie, I've changed the layout.css page but still don't see the movie, does anyone know why?

Guest shannonlp

I'm trying to replace the 'topHeader.jpg' with 'topHeader.swf' as I have made a flash movie, I've changed the layout.css page but still don't see the movie, does anyone know why?

Make the change in your XXXX.tpl file. You need to have the shockwave plug in attached or the .swf will not work.

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0" width="800" height="91">

<param name="movie" value="YOUR SWF FILE LOCATION" />

<param name="quality" value="high" />

<embed src="YOUR SWF FILE LOCATION" width="800" height="91" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed>

</object>

This should work anywhere in the html section...You may need to play with <div align> to get it centered properly.