CSV import for products

Guest shannonlp

Guest shannonlp

Does a hack or mod exist for getting products uploaded faster? I know you can ftp all of the product images at one time to the cart. Is there anything a CSV or something like that for the product description linkage for the image?

This would help a lot our main site needs well over 100000 products uploaded to the site with monthly changes it would be nice to does this in a bulk upload.

The master himself Sir William is currently still developing it, it is a complex mod and from what i hear has more bells and whistles than you can ever use but will be perfect for your task...

All we need to do is site wait and hope that he will finish all the fail safes soon and release it to us all...

Stay Tuned and the captin will land to welcome you aboard the cubecart voyage ;)

Guest shannonlp

The master himself Sir William is currently still developing it, it is a complex mod and from what i hear has more bells and whistles than you can ever use but will be perfect for your task...

All we need to do is site wait and hope that he will finish all the fail safes soon and release it to us all...

Stay Tuned and the captin will land to welcome you aboard the cubecart voyage ;)

That is good news! With something like this you could bring a store online very quickly.

Sir Williams mod is for cubecar version 3 if I am correct and not 2 ;)

shannonlp are you able to post a few rows of your CSV file so I could see what sorta data you have available in it.

If you have a column for most importantly category name & the other basics title price product id; I could put together a custom script for you which would basically involve you inserting the csv into the database & then runnning the script which would process the csv and sort everything into the categories etc.

But yeah if you can just post a few rows of your csv that'd be good

Guest shannonlp

Sir Williams mod is for cubecar version 3 if I am correct and not 2 ;)

shannonlp are you able to post a few rows of your CSV file so I could see what sorta data you have available in it.

If you have a column for most importantly category name & the other basics title price product id; I could put together a custom script for you which would basically involve you inserting the csv into the database & then runnning the script which would process the csv and sort everything into the categories etc. as I have done for www.gamma.co.nz

But yeah if you can just post a few rows of your csv that'd be good

I don't have anything put together yet. I don't have the products in a file since I don't know the format they would need to in. I assume all of the blanks that the product page has on a cart with no mods.

It would need to also have the category and then be able to tag the image to the product.

Guest shannonlp

This has been done my an old skooler saztar already

You can get his csv uploader off his website here.

I looked at the mod it says it is for cc2. I did send an email to find out if it works on cc3

Guest theboylard

I looked at the mod it says it is for cc2. I did send an email to find out if it works on cc3

Sorry - can you clarify whether you need the CSV import for version 2 or version 3 of Cubecart?

I'm sure you're confusing others here!!! ;)

Guest shannonlp

Sorry - can you clarify whether you need the CSV import for version 2 or version 3 of Cubecart?

I'm sure you're confusing others here!!! :blink:

I know sorry about that ;) I need it for version 3. It has been a long night its 6am here.

Tony Saztar has a version that can be used on CC3, or actually on any mySQL db, period.

Sirr Will's upcoming script will be better. It will be tailored for CC3, and an attempt is being made to make it follproof and very user friendly.

Tony's script is ready for use NOW, but it is a very powerful and easy SQL db modifier, and you can screw up your db if you have no knowledge of what to do with it. His documentation is practically non-existent.

I am a beta tester for Sir Will's script, but we have been waiting since OCTOBER for the release. It has not been an easy script for Bill to write. I think it will be worth the wait, but if you are in a hurry, be careful. Tony does offer support for his mods, but be warned that his script is only "moderately" user-friendly.

www.saztar.com

www.swscripts.com

It seems like there's something new in my way every time I get time to code on the import mod. I'd planned on working on it over the holidays, then some bonehead found a security hole. I'm STILL dealing with security issues for people. Then the stupid phone company barfs my DSL on Friday night and can't fix it til this afternoon.....it's always something.

Anyway, I'm going to get this released soon if it kills me....hmm...maybe I shouldn't say that. :D

:)

Guest degsey69

I tried Saztors csv uploader on my cc ver 3 and had some problems with it, emailed the guy but he was not helpfull in his reply.

I then bought a csv uploader from Devcom at http://www.comdevweb.com/ for less then saztors and it worked a treat.

I had to use the sql commands on estelles site and Sir Williams little fix for the product count and all went well.

However if Sir Williams mod encompases everything then I can not wait, but if you are in a hurry then the route I took works. ;)

• 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...