Digital download with paypal Help

Guest sound

Hi,

After all this time i really don't want to go lookin for another shopping cart, but there's only soo much one person can take <_<

Any chance of a hand??

I have the main store the way i want but i can't figure this dam digital downloads out!

Had to start a fresh post on this coz i'm getting lost in the setup, this is my first try at this.

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....wtopic=9613&hl=

I had a read over this post afterwards and it seems i got the path right, is it ok to store the

mp3 files on another hosting account and use that path instead?

I used a different site for my files /home/mycpanelusername/mydownloadsfolder/mymusicfile.mp3

I only have one credit card so for what i read here, i tryed setting up a paypal sandbox account.

Then use that email in my store? and buy witha real paypal account.. I don't think i set up any ipn or anything.

I tryed this for the first time and logged in as a customer i did the payment through paypal and i got

the email saying i made a payment but no download.. i could access a download link in the store

which lead me to a php file that reveals the path where the files are stored(which is on a different hosting account than the store)

It appears to me i don't know what i'm doin in this case.

Maybe i'm missin the plot, i set up a paypal sandbox account to use that email for my store.

Was it ok for me to make the downloads available on another server:/hosting account?

And i used the /home/username/downloads/myfile.mp3

Thank god i'm not under any time frame, just hope to figure it out sometime soon-ish,

The whole setup doesn't sound too difficut, but i'm still a bit clueless.

Maybe we could take it one step at a time, i'm in no rush, just like to know i'm doin this correctly.

To be honest, i never saw paypal sandbox untill last night, i just logged in there, set up a new account and

used that email in my store.

(will it work if there's any breaks in the link to the mp3 ex. /downloadsfolder/my mp3 file 2005.mp3)

I think this ^ could be a problem^ ?

Which reminds me, i must deactivate that product in my store for now.. can you do that instead of deleting it?

Looking forward to some sound advice.

Later thanks

Guest groovejuice

I have digital downloads working fine through paypal IPN. I can't personally give you advice about placing the downloadable files with another host, but I do recall having an issue with the naming of the mp3 files. I now am going lower case, no special characters and keeping the names as short as possible. That seems to keeps the problems to a minimum.

Hey,

I did change the name to test.mp3

I'm still using the sandbox at paypal in my store.

Setting the products to 00:01€ and usin my real paypal to buy.

I'm probably doin this all arse ways i dunno any more.

I read somewhere the sandbox isin't working, no other way to test it,

Think i'll move the files to the same host as the store next.

And go over the ipn setup and whatever else i forget.

Guest groovejuice

markscarts has a very good tut on digital downloads and if I'm not mistaken, one on PayPal IPN as well. I never tried the sandbox myself, but my impression through reading the forums is that there are problems with it. Best to price the product low, and buy it in the real world to do your test.

Guest groovejuice

I'm not 100% clear on your set up, but if you're going with PayPal IPN get that set up properly first. It must be kind of late in Ireland now.... <_<

Weither i use the real paypal account or this sandbox account,

I'm sure i got that set up right, used the ipn setup on a few sites.

3.30am here now.. brain shutting down slowly.

If i learn something new, it was worth been up durin the twilight hours.

There's one thing i really don't like, when you're taken to the go now page and it automaticaly sends you

to the paypal page, it doesn't change the http address to paypal's address, maybe it need to open in a new window i.e. _blank?

counting_sheep.gif

I moved the downloads folder to the same hosting account as cubecart

Logged into the store as a user, bought the mp3 file for $00.01

Went through the checkout process.. go now page takes me to paypal

Nothing else, the order is visable in the store under my orders history

no links there..

The link gives me the proper download.

Isn't the end user supose to get the link in their mail to the download.

Maybe i need a real paypal setup in cubecart instead of this sandbox.

When you're logged into paypal and click pay, it says this user is not registered

Probably because i'm using the sandbox account and that's not really a registered paypal account ey?

What the hell am i getting at...

If the order is Pending, customer gets no download. Set order to processing and submit, then read the message. There's a place you can click to send download to customer. If IPN working correctly, all this is automatic - order goes to processing after payment, customer gets download link

Both tutorials are at http://cc3.biz/ in the freebies vault

The customer is getting a link to the correct download, but only in their order history in the store.

As admin i can view the order is pending, set it to processing nothing happens.

Should i be doin this with two real paypal accounts?

Need sleep

I did Markscart's tutorial again and this time i used my real paypal account.

Logged in as a customer, made a purchase and cancled the purchase.

(Reason i cancled the checkout again: i can't use the same card even if i try buy without logging into paypal i.e. use their credit card form.)

Went to my customer account in the store and see the order (with no download link) Good i guess?..

The admin sees the order as pending in the ACP. OK?

Admin sets the order as processing...

The customer/me sees the new download link in my account. OK?

That option to send the customer an email appears :

The status of this order has been changed successfully. At this stage you can send your customer an email invoice and access to download digital products. To do this Click Here

The only problem i can see at this point is that there's no automation of the purchase.

I was wondering is it because

I'm using the same email for the store configuration as i am for

my customer account that i'm buying with?

Maybe someone can tell me if i'm on the right track so far, and help me get the auto sales (ipn) working.

Time to die.

Later thanks

Guest groovejuice

Sounds like you may have everything set up correctly, but until you do a complete transaction (with no cancellation) it'll be hard to tell. My impression is that all the steps need to be accomplished in the correct order for everything to work properly. That includes being redirected to the success page after leaving PayPal. So to repeat what several people have been saying, you must do a real world transaction to test!! ;)

Good luck!

Guest fsecchi

I have digital downloads set up fine. It took a little time and posting but eventually cracked it. The issues I had are the same as yours except for one thing I did no testing in sandbox.

I was able to use somebody else's paypal account. I must have issued 10-15 transactions for £0.01 before I cracked it. Because I know how frustrating it is please email me the relevant details for the site, I am more than happy to go through the process and test it live for you.

Thanks for the replys,

Right now i can't think of anything else i should be doing in the setup.

I supose if you're ok with it, you can buy the product under "mp3 for 00.01€

uniquevinyl.net

Something i noticed using a sandbox account, when the customer is at paypal and clicks "pay"

The get a message on the next page stating that you're sandbox

account isin't registered.

Probably coz it's really a dummie account ?

So because of this, if the customer pays anyway, they will see in their paypal account that the payment is unclaimed.

Which says to me, the store owner hasn't received any payment and therefor no auto email with download will be sent.

But that doesn't explain to me why that link to send the email manualy didn't work.

So if this is a prob with the sandbox, i need a live test damn it!

Please ;)

Guest fsecchi

Hi Sound,

I just complete a payment and was able to get the track "Essentials".

The order in "View Orders" set to processing and I was able to download the track via your cart.

Everything worked, I was redirected Ok and all but there was one small problem. I received confirmation of the payment from Paypal but nothing from your store. My store sends out a receiept and a download link in 2 seperate emails and I can ony think of one error occuring. Either there is no email set or the type is causing an error - ()mail or SMTP.

Please let me know when you have made the changes or looked at it, I will be more than happy to go through the process again.

I will keep you posted in the eventuality that I receive an email but i has been a good 5 mins and I don't think I will get one.

I noticed another thing, I downloaded the track and it only appears as a "File" it is not as an MP3, Zip or Rar.

I manged to open it using winrar but as it is downloaded there is no file extension

Hi,

First off thanks alot for testing my cart, i wasn't on last night but from what i read,

If you tested it yesterday, then that was a real paypal setup , so i guess this must be working right.

You got redirected to my site after payment?.. ok

*But no automated emails of receiept and download link - in 2 seperate emails.*

When i tested this, after making a payment i got the paypal comfirmation email,

nothing else.. i was redirected to main page in my paypal account.

But i was uing a sandbox account on the store settup back then.. forget all this.

Ok i checked my paypal and see your company made a payment,

Logged into my email next and have the paypal comfirmation of your payment.

I was redirected Ok and all but there was one small problem. I received confirmation of the payment from Paypal but nothing from your store. My store sends out a receiept and a download link in 2 seperate emails and I can ony think of one error occuring. Either there is no email set or the type is causing an error - ()mail or SMTP.

I'm looking into this part now;

Either there is no email set or the type is causing an error - ()mail or SMTP.
?

The only email i sett up is the paypal.

I noticed another thing, I downloaded the track and it only appears as a "File" it is not as an MP3, Zip or Rar.

I manged to open it using winrar but as it is downloaded there is no file extension

I used winrar on the mp3 and uploaded that...

the files are the same title as i got them from an ftp server oragionaly

i.e.

2005-01-02 - Radio Soulwax.mp3 with those spaces, doesn't seem to be a problem?

This is how they apear on the server in downloads folder:

2005-01-02 - Radio Soulwax.rar

--

Edit

--

Few things i haven't set up in General Settings under Styles & Misc.. could i use hotmail?

Mail Sending Method:

(SMTP recommended) mail() SMTP

SMTP Host: (Default: localhost)

SMTP Port: (Default: 25)

Use Authentication? Yes No (Default: No)

SMTP Username:

SMTP Password:

^^

Guest fsecchi

Hi Sound,

Thank you very much for the refund but there was no need to go through all that trouble.

Yeah the site was live when I tested it and everything worked fine.

About the email if the section you have highlighted above is not filled in then that is what is causing this little problem.

Mine is filled in as follows

Email address: [email protected]

Mail Sending Method: SMTP

SMTP Host: localhost

SMTP Port: 25

Use Authentication? Yes

SMTP Username: XXXXXXX

SMTP Password: XXXXXXX

I did have it setup using ()mail and just the email address. As far as I am aware I do not believe there are any problems using Hotmail but you should ask around what the setting would be as my mail i on my server. If you need to test the email - you can do so by changing the order status and asking it to send an email confirming this to the user.

Thats all I can think of but i you need anything else - another test etc... just ask

Hi fsecchi,

I have my own email set up through cpanel, which is what i'll set up here.

I'm tryin to work out, if when logging into my mail from the browser,

I'd have to use my full email address as the user name, same for smtp username.. i forget, lookin for info on that.

Back later!..

Ok,

When i view the email smtp in cpanel it shows the username as yourname+yourdomain.com

So i'll go with that..

I'm asking my providers about the rest:

What is the internal path to your secure server?

What is the internal path to your secure images directory?

Does your web host offer a shared SSL certificate, or will you purchase your own SSL certificate?

(Note, you may not need your own—check with your payment processor first)

I might get you to do another test tonight if you're around.

p.s.

Did you get a chance to listen to that mp3? what was the quality like?

The file was oragionaly 168mb i compressed it to 27mb before saving as rar

Thanks i'll b back in a bit :P

Guest fsecchi

Yeah sure no problem, I am more than happy to do another test.

My hosting package allows me to use a shared.

As I am in the early stages of developing and marketing this new system I have opted out from using an individual SSL. Most of the payment scripts I am using provide one for me so no need to worry there.With regards to internal info on the site - It is very early days. I am testing the uptake for such an idea and system and if all goes well this will ahve to be an area I look into as I hope to be able to offer many more professional services than I do just now.

I'm still here, gotta run out soon..

Yea someone just told me my providers might have a shared ssl for me.

But really that's only for peace of mind for the users on the site, user login info.

Sayin that from what i read around here and other sites, ssl really only verifys my site is certified ssl.. doesn't secure it, that's my job.

And i don't need to worrie about payment info cos i'm leaving paypal handle that info.. so no sll needed in regards to that...

Be back soon :P

--

EDIT

--

Ok,

I filled in the smtp info under styles & misc.. hope it's correct

If you want to test it go ahead, we'll see the results *fingers crossed*

I filled in:

Email Address:

(This is used as the email address in site emails.)

Mail Sending Method: = smtp

(SMTP recommended)

mail() SMTP = empty

SMTP Host: (Default: localhost)

SMTP Port: (Default: 25)

Use Authentication? = yes (Default: No)

SMTP Username:

SMTP Password:

I didn't fill in the info above that i.e.

secure server path and secure image directory..

Someone on another site said i didn't need it filled in?

Be back in a bit :(