Google Analytics, Anyone Installed?

Guest timopp

How do I install the tracking code for Google Analytics on CubeCart?

Thanks

Tim

Really no one is playing with Googles free analytics software? Google.com/analytics?

Sorry to bump.

Tim

Guest bennyuk

EVERYONE will be playing with Google analytics. It is going to be THE BIG TOPIC of 2006.

You put Google conversion tracking on the confirmed page (confirmed.php in CC v2.0.7) but I can't comment on the latest version 307.

I'm still waiting to get an activation code for analytics so I can;t test it for you. I can;t wait though, it will bring a whole new level of reporting to all ...

• 2 months later...
Guest ed2006

EVERYONE will be playing with Google analytics. It is going to be THE BIG TOPIC of 2006.

You put Google conversion tracking on the confirmed page (confirmed.php in CC v2.0.7) but I can't comment on the latest version 307.

I'm still waiting to get an activation code for analytics so I can;t test it for you. I can;t wait though, it will bring a whole new level of reporting to all ...

I too am interested in knowing where to paste the Google Analystics code.

I too am interested in knowing where to paste the Google Analystics code.

Paste the main code at the bottom of your index.tpl and cart.tpl template files in your skin folder/global (just before </body>).

I haven't looked yet at where the conversion tracking code goes yet, but I'm sure someone else can chime in with that.

I would imagine you could add it to the confirmed.tpl file in your skin folder/content (which won't put it at the very bottom of the page, but close enough).

Guest gwizard

Just got invited today after a loooong wait period.

You can insert the code in skins/YOUR SKIN/styleTemplates/global/index.tpl and cart.tpl at the bottom before </body>

I wonder if this Analytics is any good.... :D

Guest gwizard

OK, for ecommerce report I had to write a little mod to export order details to Analytics supplied code.

Will post in .org as soon as I see if this actually works :D

Guest ardwyn

Had a look at thatand it's still Googlydook to me. The reports are up and running, which took overnight, and as someone said the map is great. The pie charts are easily readable as well.

What I don't understand as well is the Site Overlay as it is showing an error. This may be because I only have the code in the index.tpl and cart.tpl. Bit wary of including any code into other pages until it is all a bit clearer so any help would be appreciated.

Had a look at thatand it's still Googlydook to me. The reports are up and running, which took overnight, and as someone said the map is great. The pie charts are easily readable as well.

What I don't understand as well is the Site Overlay as it is showing an error. This may be because I only have the code in the index.tpl and cart.tpl. Bit wary of including any code into other pages until it is all a bit clearer so any help would be appreciated.

The site overlay is a bit odd but it will probably be very useful after it's had time to accumulate more stats. Basically it shows you your site (you can load any page in the site overlay interface) and lets you see exactly how many people clicked on each link. You'll see weird little drop-down boxes under each link (and as there are stats for clicks on those links, you'll see little bar graphs there representing how many people clicked on each).

So you don't need any other code than what you have for this to work (you just need to wait for more stats to be collected).

The rest of the tutorial is for tracking visitors to sales, which is an amazing feature to get from a free 3rd-party service. It looks as if you could also track affiliate sales using the same code. Now that's a mod I need ASAP.

Guest ardwyn

Cheers to you both ZAP and gwizard.

It took about 36 hours for all the reports to populate and for the nag screen of Check Status to go. I had installed it correctly the first time, so others if you install the code that google give you into cart.tpl and index.tpl as instructed above and only hit the check status once and let everything populate for 24 to 48 hours. You will then be greeted by some lovely graphs and lots of figures that are very helpful.

Extra thanks to gwizard for his mod to add tracking of sales.

Well done guys.

Extra thanks to gwizard for his mod to add tracking of sales.

His mod is great, and timely as well. I downloaded it today but since the site I'm working on isn't yet public I can't test it. But it looks like just what we need to track sales via GA.

All hail the wizard!

Next step: Easy affiliate tracking via Google Analytics (say goodbye to those pricey and complicated services).

Im still waiting for my invite :(

How long did you guys have to wait?

I only waited a couple weeks. What's weird is that I signed up several times that same day (so some of my clients could use it also) and I had other people sign up themselves then also and none of those accounts has received invitations yet. It seems as if periodically they invite a few more folks to join but there's no way to know when your turn will come.

It appears that some people were abusing the multiple profile feature of the service because they disabled that and then later turned it back on but with a limit of five profiles. It appears that I got my invitation right after they resolved that issue with this limit. So perhaps they're still dealing with other issues that have come up before they invite more people.

Your turn WILL come...all you can do is be patient.

Guest gwizard

I waited about 2 months and I have Adwords for a loooong time now.

I guess they pick randomly by demographics and site contents.

It's a shame Analytics don't support Hebrew and Shekels currency yet.

cool, got my invite today :w00t:

In fact i got 2!!

I didn't realise & applied twice with 2 different email addresses, one yesterday & one six weeks ago, & got them both today!

• 1 month later...
Guest ianh

I have completed Analytics mod.

It is FREE and can be viewed here

gwizards' mod seems to be offline on cubecart.org - can anyone help me get hold of a copy please?

Thanks

Ian

HI Ianh

I install gwizards mod a while back but for some reason it did not work... I told gwizard abou tthis so perhaps he is working on it!

A

Guest gwizard

I'm checking this with Google as I did everything exactly as they say in the help section.

Strangely, while I see that the correct values appear in the confirmed.php at the end of order, Google refuses to show it even after 1 month has passed.

Right now I am waiting for their support to answer my email.

@Ian - you can get a copy of this mod on my site.

To get my site's url you are welcome to PM Brooky and tell him how nice it is that he disallowed direct links to mods, free or otherwise. :dizzy:

I'm checking this with Google as I did everything exactly as they say in the help section.

Strangely, while I see that the correct values appear in the confirmed.php at the end of order, Google refuses to show it even after 1 month has passed.

Right now I am waiting for their support to answer my email.

You know, they have actually changed their instructions since you wrote this, or at least they changed what used to be in the link I posted above.

I was finding that their code broke my confirmed page, and you can see why if you look at it closely. There's an open script tag, so everything below that was not being displayed. However the code that they have there now makes even less sense. They say to add <body onLoad="java script:__utmSetTrans()"> in the middle of your page!

So of course that also breaks your page. For now I have added what seems to actually make a little sense to me and doesn't break my confirmed page. And that code is:

<script type="text/javascript" src="__utmSetTrans()"></script>

However, if you think about it that probably doesn't work either. The source of this script is not local, so either it's missing the rest of the URL or it's not a script file at all. It looks to me like it's a function (probably loaded in the remote file above), and if that's the case then the code probably should be:

<script type="text/javascript">

__utmSetTrans();

</script>

It appears to me that Google does need a scolding on this one...

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. It appears that this is still in the balance.

Before I go and search through google and try and get this working, has anyone made any progress with the mod?

Thanks Chaps and chapesses,

Ian