Set stock level to decrease automatically?

I would like for the stock level to decrease immediately, and not have to wait for me to set the order status to "processing". When someone places an order, can the status be automatically set to "processing" instead of "pending"? Which .php file would I need to edit to make this modification?

Thanks.

From what I understand, it will only decrease stock level if the ADMIN changes the order status to PROCESSING. Isn't there any way around this?

It makes no sense. Let's say I have 1 product left, and three people go to buy it. Won't it allow all three to purchase until I change one of the status's to PROCESSING? Perhaps I'm wrong, please clarify. Thanks.

That's good to hear about the PayPal function.

I do plan on having several people pay with a money order or check. Is it possible to have it decrease stock level upon checkout for such orders?

Thanks.

That's good to hear about the PayPal function.

I do plan on having several people pay with a money order or check. Is it possible to have it decrease stock level upon checkout for such orders?

Thanks.

Well with the Print Gateway it will be some change in transfer.inc.php and $stateUpdate = TRUE, but haven't worked out exactly how yet. Anyone who could lift the fog in front of my eyes?

That way we would 'emulate' the Paypal part and turn every order directly into processing. That is how orderSuccess.inc.php is then called and performs the Stocklevel update that we want to achieve.

Surely this can't be that difficult, it's just that I can't seem to see the obvious at the moment, well it is Friday evening here.

Peter

I have been at this for about 14 hours straight and i simply cannot find my "missing link" - someone please help us out here! I need to get past this in order to put my shop online.

One last bump. Hopefully someone who knows how to do this will see it.

I think I'm making some progrss on the matter, but it will take a bit more time to get it all working -

The point I'm currently at painfully crashes with the comment; Error: No payment gateway variable is set!

If anyone could help guide me in the right direction from here please speak up :)

Guest digilution

I still have a problem with my stock decreasing.

In admin the "show stock level" and "allow out of stock purchaces" are both set to NO and on all my products I have use stock level enabled.

When a purchace is made and the order filed as completed, my stock DOES NOT decrease!!!!

Please help */*

I think Sir William was working on this mod a while ago but haven't heard anything about it yet. I'm waiting for this one last mod too before I'm able to let my store go live (as I sell mostly OOAK items). It would be awesome if someone could work this out. */* :wub:

Guest digilution

I still have a problem with my stock decreasing.

In admin the "show stock level" and "allow out of stock purchaces" are both set to NO and on all my products I have use stock level enabled.

When a purchace is made and the order filed as completed, my stock DOES NOT decrease!!!!

Please help ;)

Any takers on this as my stock did decrease before I moved hosts.....could it be a permission thing on one of my files??? :)

Guest digilution

Shouldn't show stock level be set to "yes" ?

I was under the impression that if the " show stock level" is set to YES, customers can see what stock is left, but if set to NO the customers will not see the stock left and the product level should still drop :)

What could be wrong, why,why,why does my stock not drop...

One more desperate soul signs up in the wait list for this mod... ;)

HEY HEY HEY look here

That does't mention anything about stock decrease being changed.

I'm getting nowhere with this and am now willin to pay for a modification. All I need is that the stock level get's decreased once the order is placed. I'm stuck but thought the best logic is to change the order from processing to pending automatically. As with the Paypal functionality where this is done automatically, I need this to work with the Print Payment Gateway.

Any takers?

Guest Sanderdg

I'm still working on it as well, and IF i get it to work I'll be glad to share it for free. Its still being a pain in the ... though

I am also looking for a mod like this ;) When i get this working, i'll buy a license for CC.

I'm still working on it as well, and IF i get it to work I'll be glad to share it for free. Its still being a pain in the ... though

I am also looking for a mod like this :) When i get this working, i'll buy a license for CC.

*BUMP* ;)

Any luck? Same circumstance here. Willing to pay for mod. :)

:)

• 3 months later...
Guest Chad Taylor

I am also looking for a mod like this :D When i get this working, i'll buy a license for CC.

*BUMP* :(

Any luck? Same circumstance here. Willing to pay for mod. :)

:)

I as well would like to see this mod come to light as it would make my customers day. She is wanting me to find her another shopping cart system that functions like CC I am not thinking this is going to be an easy task.