Where have you gone Dorthy ?

Guest clearlygifts

Guest clearlygifts

I was just feeling at home here, where I could login once and access the forums.. now you moved all the forums I really liked.

Now I have to login to another site register again..

It was very easy to do before now I have to login to another site.. man this s*cks.

What prompted the forum move to cubecart.org ? ;)

all has moved to .org is for the mods and skins...

Basicaly .com is now for official releases and Support only where as .Org is for The Modifications and skins that we all want cubecart to have...

This way it keeps the forums dedicated to their set tasks...

I know its going to seem a drain to start but will become second nature in the end. ;)

Guest Mysiteonline

I posted this on another thread but feel its more relevent here.

"I can't quite decide what i make of it yet.

A few thoughts spring to mind.

Its going to be a pain having to login to both forums. (the point about cookies is noted!)

I also think (on first reflections) that this forum will be of obvious benefit to certain members.

Might having special areas for certain members put members off contributing etc.

Also i'm not too keen on the chosen skin / layout. Its dificult to determine which links are clickable etc.

Just sounding off really. I'm sure i'll get used to it."

Guest clearlygifts

Well I don't like it put it back! Yea right like your do that for me :)

Right now the site looks foreign to me with a different design, which it is a different site so hence the design.

I will probally not use that site again, and just stick with the main cart.

Don't mind me, I am just going thru convenience withdraws.

The site has lost it's loving feeling... :D

Maybe it's easier for admin's sake but I loved it the way it was.. ;)

Just my 2 cents.

Guest theorbo

I think it's great. I don't have a lot of need for it right now, but things may change - things do, of course!

Limiting sigs to 5 lines is a great move, too. I get pretty tired of ones that go on and on forever, with more and more blatant self-aggrandizement. And in fact, I just deleted mine completely in a gesture of faith and good-will....

Reminds me, I need to go turn animations off again.... *sigh* (except that it turns out it's flash instead of just an animation - how annoying!)

all has moved to .org is for the mods and skins...

Basicaly .com is now for official releases and Support only where as .Org is for The Modifications and skins that we all want cubecart to have...

This way it keeps the forums dedicated to their set tasks...

To be honest going around diferent forums and find mods, skins etc is not my kind of enjoy.

What would be the diference if i go to another site/forum (and there is a few) that is not directly related with CC? I could possibly find something i need but i would rather have everything under one forum and seperated.

This is my personnal opinion and i am sure the new forum will be just as good or maybe even better than the "Official" CC forum. :)

I wish all of us the best. ;)

Guest TheWetFish

Even though I can see both sides of things and also prefer to find my cubecart things at ONE site and not having to search thru the "official" and then head to the "unofficial" site to find stuff. Seriouslly people, some of us are on dial up (19.6kbps connection speed) and to have to keep heading to other sites can be a bit time consuming. Yeah it opens fast enough which is a plus, yet the fact that this forum is split might deter a few newcomers from maybe even using the cart itself.

However I did notice on some pages (.org site) the font size was very very small and unreadable without magnifying the text.

http://www.cubecart.org/forums/index.php?a...pt&CODE=shownew

is one page I found with small text.

Matt

I agree with those opposed to the change. Official & Unofficial story aside it does create a lot of hassle where as all that really needed with the new site update was just a new download section instead of a resource site ;)

Brooky what are the chances of a democratic resolution to this via a vote? Would be nice to at least get the Mod Support & Request a mod forum back here...

Guest clearlygifts

Well I just signed up on the new site and it has potential.

But right now it has tons of bugs.. The default template I have a every hard time reading it.. but if you switch templates via the dropdown on the bottom of the page, nothing works..

I am looking for the script where I an download the thumb nail maker. Where you can scan all of your images and a thumb does not exist it will make it for you.. I can't find that anywhere...

Well i know this is just my 2 cents I like the fact of 2 sites. but with everyone not liking the fact they need to login to 2 sites or have to sign up for another site. Why not just cross link the user info SQL links. All you will need to pull is user real name nick name password fields. this way they are signed up at both sites. and you can link the logged in flag as well so if they login to the .com site they login to the .org site. I have done setups like this alot for prisons for my job. but then i do program in asp more then php.

Just my 2 cents.

Later

Will

This is new to all of us and you will have to go with us on it.

There are a few bugs (but then what hasn't) we could never test it all between the 2 of us so going live was the option.

The whole point of this was .com forum is for and always was for the support of CubeCart software not 3rd party mods they just kinda crept in one day and brroky let it happen because of the modders offering support to the cart.

Now with CubeCart becoming so big and the recent influx of excellent mod writers we felt the need to split the forum into 2

.com = official

.org = unofficial

Its easy really you have a problem with the software goto .com, you want a mod or need help to change coding goto .org

This had to be done trust me as the .com forum was getting clutterd and messy with people putting posts in wrong places and the sigs well whole different story.

Embrace the change it will all make sense and you will love it.

Couldn't you just have shifted Request a mod & Mod Support over to there and re-added the downloads to the database... Why the need for like 16 new forum sections?

ps: where have request a mod & mod support posts gone :/

While this may not seem like a good idea to some of you, the "aftermarket" for CubeCart would certainly outgrow the confines of the "corporate" .com site in pretty short order. Part of the idea came from vBulletin. They have a .com for the official support site of the software itself and a .org for the hundreds if not thousands of people putting out mods for it. vBulletin is quite possibly the most popular forum software in the world. While CubeCart is not yet to that plateau, learning from the best is never a bad thing.

While I agree with some people's dislikes of the default skin (I run the default IPB skin :D), the necessity of the site far outweighs having to go two places to find stuff.

:wacko:

I don't really agree personally and nor do I think vbulletin is by any standard a platform cubecart should aspire to.

Separation of the Support & Mod sections was already existant prior to the .org site and I don't really see how splitting the two up helps. Signatures could easily have been disabled as they do not really serve any meaningful purpose & the fact is a lot of modders such as myself willy boy and plenty others provide support to users where possible..

I just find it a bit lame now that everytime I want to find something I'll have to search & login to 2 forums...

One last point... I do not really see as requested a democratic resolution coming about in this situation so I guess I'll just make a final comment and leave it at that...

There are too many forum sections on cubecart.org

General Chat

General Modification Chat...? Mods could easily be discussed in their actual topic threads..

Stores for sale... :/

Area 51... sigh.

It would be appreciated if at least some of the input in this thread would be considered...

Guest clearlygifts

Well with the new site I can't do anything any more..

I will not let me view my submited mod. Although the moderator says he can see it.. (still gives me an error)

It will not let me submit another free mod.

Also it will not let me upgrade, it tells me that I don't have a license but I know I do.. :wacko: When will the be fixed ? What are we to do in the mean time.. It's clear that cubecart.org needs some work..

Thanks for changing the color of the default skin, but the structure is just hard to follow.. for some reason it is putting the posts in a tree type menu where I have to click each one to read all posts.. very bad.. So I use another skin..

Anyway just letting you know, if you don't know what's wrong you can't fix it right :D although I don't like this change, I am looking forward to getting the site fixed so I can share my mods and for others to share also.

Thanks.

You dont need to go 2 different forums to find stuff its easy

ask yourself is it a cart problem or mod problem? Official or unofficial? download cubecart or a mod?

Cubecart.com

Cart problems

Official Support

Download official software

Cubecart.org

Mod problem

Unofficial support

Download a mod/hack

There are still a few bugs which should fingers crossed be fixed today.

Guest rukiman

I think what he means is the regulars like to read info about what is happening....not necessary read the forums for an answer to a problem. Not everyone who visits the forums have a problem, but now you have to login to both forums to keep track of what is happening with cubecart. unofficial or not.

Not everyone who visits the forums have a problem, but now you have to login to both forums to keep track of what is happening with cubecart. unofficial or not.

I absolutely agree with you :)

The mods is what gives the extra spark in CC :P

I think what he means is the regulars like to read info about what is happening....not necessary read the forums for an answer to a problem. Not everyone who visits the forums have a problem, but now you have to login to both forums to keep track of what is happening with cubecart. unofficial or not.

Not everyone who visits the forums have a problem, but now you have to login to both forums to keep track of what is happening with cubecart. unofficial or not.

I absolutely agree with you ;)

The mods is what gives the extra spark in CC :)

yea basically thats it in a nutshell. The mainly modders would help out with general support queries when they got bored cause after all, there aren't THAT many members providing support who don't do a few modifications here and there also...

I'd say support will take a beating as a result... Lot of modders (maybe not myself) whose time is of value will not spend the time on this forum ~

If that is the case the .org project will be terminated that was the big issue with it and if .com is jeopadised from it I will close it down.

The .org project was created for the community to give you something back.

And to allow people that help out in BOTH forums to advertise there mods and services etc.

So in a nutshell if .com starts to lose in support I will close the .org project and thus no where to advertise your fantastic mods,services and shops.

Guest theboylard

If that is the case the .org project will be terminated that was the big issue with it and if .com is jeopadised from it I will close it down.

The .org project was created for the community to give you something back.

And to allow people that help out in BOTH forums to advertise there mods and services etc.

So in a nutshell if .com starts to lose in support I will close the .org project and thus no where to advertise your fantastic mods,services and shops.

I'm still finding my feet here, so I apologise now for any offence but...

On that basis you're saying if you don't like it, then you are wrong and you deserve to lose? You're final comment above indicates that it may, at any time, be taken down anyway?

Not very encouraging for new adopters or established users? Why should a modder bother publishing his/her mods here? Why not just sell their services through their own site, they set the rules of engagement then?

Not being rude EH but that's a bit officious? I understand that it may be your baby and you've put a lot of effort into it, but I don't really think enough thought has been put into the structure and implementation of this.

I think it needs to be looked at from a broader perspective - there is a need for integration between the forums, as the split of official/unofficial mods and hacks is very grey in some areas, with the need of third party hacks/mods to make cubecart work as expected in some instances.

2p

hapless

Guest clearlygifts

Are you telling us that one of the main reasons was to advertise our mods ? Or atleast it was one of the many deciding factors ?

I thought there was already a place to advertise them in the forum.

I always looked thru the "Shameless Promotions".

I know I don't speak for all but, I would rather loose this feature and have everything brought back to cubecart.com. It was fun that way..

The new site has some cool additional features and a new icon system. But it's not worth having people pay for advertising on the mods..

Just think about it.. right now the average price for a mod is $10-50.

If people started to have to pay for advertising they will have no choice but to increase prices. Besides I always look for reviews from other people, before I really try a module.

Long story short.. I don't like it.. but I can live with (if I have to.)

Guest clearlygifts

FYI */*

I was searching for a cart solution for about 3 months, I have just about tried them all the only reason why I bought the cart is that I surfed cubecart.com and found that they has some mods that would suite my needs that other carts did not offer.. Like..

Shipping by value.

Search engine Mod

Coupon Mod

With out these I would have just passed up cubecart.com forever. I actually looked thru the forum before I bought the software. I am not sure I would have looked for a third party site for these mods. Also I seen how so many people pulled together to answer my support questions. some were just regular members that had the same problem.

One of my favorites places is when they had a pin up post with all the hacks and solutions that people made on the way. Some were not really mods but rather than hacks where there were people finding solutions for others and people from all over the world helping each other. There was a wealth of information just ready for searching. If I had a problem there were tons of posts that either fixed the problem or linked back to a forum post that would fix it.. it was fantastic..

Just speaking my mind :wub: