How to Install a mod Instructions

Hello all. I'm new here and this is definately a newbie question. Before asking this question I have searched this forum, the cubecart.org forum and have googled it every way I could think of but have come up empty. It's such a basic question that I'm hesitant to ask it but I will......

How do I install a mod?

I have the latest version of cubecart (CubeCart_3.0.7-pl1) installed but I have no idea where / how to install any of the mods that are out there.

Would someone please take a newbie by the had and explain it? It would be very much appreciated!

iNet

Guest woodbtreasures

Ok so lets go through the basics step by step.

First thing that you do is find a mod that you think would be just perfect for your store. Then you download/purchase it.

The next thing that you'll most likely have to do is to unzip the file. Most modders make their files in the normal .zip format, but you may run into others such as .rar

Unzip the file with the unzip utility of your choice to a file location where you'll know where you can find it. I suggest a file on your desktop.

Once you have the file unzipped then open it up and you'll normaly find a file that is titled read-me. If you open and read that file you'll generally find detailed step-by-step instructions on what you need to do and what files and folders that you need to edit.

Once you have the files edited you'll have to upload them via your ftp program to the correct file location on your server. To do this you'll have to familiarize yourself somewhat with cubecarts file structure, but it's really not all that bad.

That's it. Your mod functionality should now be available in your store. If you uploaded a skin then you'll have to go into your store's general settings and choose the skin. And if you upload the SEF mod then you'll have to acutaly turn it on in the admins settings (took me a minute to figure that one out :rolly: , but then again I'm an idiot at times :D )

Anyway, that is a real basic overall explanation of how to install a mod. I know some of it was maybe a little simplistic, but at least most of the basics are covered. :lol:

• 4 months later...
Guest Gigalux

First thing that you do is find a mod that you think would be just perfect for your store. Then you download/purchase it.

The next thing that you'll most likely have to do is to unzip the file. Most modders make their files in the normal .zip format, but you may run into others such as .rar

Unzip the file with the unzip utility of your choice to a file location where you'll know where you can find it. I suggest a file on your desktop.

Once you have the file unzipped then open it up and you'll normaly find a file that is titled read-me. If you open and read that file you'll generally find detailed step-by-step instructions on what you need to do and what files and folders that you need to edit.

Once you have the files edited you'll have to upload them via your ftp program to the correct file location on your server. To do this you'll have to familiarize yourself somewhat with cubecarts file structure, but it's really not all that bad.

That's it. Your mod functionality should now be available in your store. If you uploaded a skin then you'll have to go into your store's general settings and choose the skin. And if you upload the SEF mod then you'll have to acutaly turn it on in the admins settings (took me a minute to figure that one out :blink: , but then again I'm an idiot at times :D )

Anyway, that is a real basic overall explanation of how to install a mod. I know some of it was maybe a little simplistic, but at least most of the basics are covered. :)

Simplistic is welcome. Thanks

• 3 months later...
Guest Kristina

One big thing to remember is that often Mods will include files to upload. That is great if you haven't changed those files for any other mods. If you have don't use them. Follow the instructions to edit the file instead. If there aren't any contact the mod author.

Another way I check for mods is to keep an unmodified copy of cube cart on my hard drive. Then I will use winmerge to check the file I have uploaded to my website against the copy on my hard drive to see if there is any difference. It saves me quite a bit of time. */*

• 2 years later...
Guest Feebelle

That's it. Your mod functionality should now be available in your store. If you uploaded a skin then you'll have to go into your store's general settings and choose the skin. And if you upload the SEF mod then you'll have to acutaly turn it on in the admins settings (took me a minute to figure that one out :) , but then again I'm an idiot at times :D )

Anyway, that is a real basic overall explanation of how to install a mod. I know some of it was maybe a little simplistic, but at least most of the basics are covered. :)

Simplistic is welcome. Thanks

Guest Feebelle

After paying a ton of money to have this installed and left with a site with 101 errors and incompletes. One is the shipping; no USPS option. I tried adding it using your post but I keep getting "Access Denied" when I tried to access it.

"Turn it on" on the Admins Settings, is this the permissions. I've done that.

Any help will be greatly appreciated it.

You seem to have dug up a 3 years old topic. Perhaps better idea to start a new topic, in the third-party forum. This forum no longer permits the discussion of third-party modifications since this topic was last seen.

• 2 weeks later...