Print Order Form 3.0.7 not working

Guest Spive

Greetings,

I have the problem (which I've seen on various threads here) that when I select print order form as a payment option and submit:

1) I get logged out

2) taken back to the basket

3) and my basket is empty

I have seen a fix whereby I add a sessions line in my orderform.php file to make it look like so...

// get session data

include_once("../../../includes/sessionStart.inc.php");

include_once("../../../includes/session.inc.php");

When I make the above change all it still logs me out and I get taken back to basket except my basket doesn't empty out. Either way I never get to view the order form.

My global.inc file does NOT have /admin in the store URL - I've seen that as an issue for some.

I am using version 3.0.7-pl1

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

You are not looking for admin in global.inc wot you need to do is check the last line is correct

i think its global url or something nehows it the last line

prolly say http://yourstore.com change to http://www.yourstore.com

adding the www. part make sure when done you clear out cookies and temp internet files as well.

That did the trick... thanks EvilHomer!!

Now the print order form is displayed and can be printed out but it looks like the process stops dead there for the customer. There is no link to go back to the store or anywhere else... is this the way it is supposed to be?

If you goto

modules/gateway/print_order_form and open the order.tpl file you can add a link back to your home page there.

You're the king EvilHomer!! Thanks very much.

Guest nyvagyrl

If you goto

modules/gateway/print_order_form and open the order.tpl file you can add a link back to your home page there.

Hello, Homer. ;)

I am brand new to Cube Cart and working through all the posts of this very helpful forum. I used the information above to set up my print order form and it's working in FireFox but not IE. Now, with that said I am trying to find out if it is possible that there can be a thank you/instructional page set up after in case the form doesn't come up?

I would like for maybe a page that would thank the customer for the order and advises them that they will receive a detailed email confirmation of order... blah blah blah

I have already created a thank you page for my contact page through the help of the forum. :) Is there any why I can code to that "cnThanks--?

I hope this doesn't sound confusing.

NyVa :blink:

If you goto

Hello, Homer. :D

I am brand new to Cube Cart and working through all the posts of this very helpful forum. I used the information above to set up my print order form and it's working in FireFox but not IE. Now, with that said I am trying to find out if it is possible that there can be a thank you/instructional page set up after in case the form doesn't come up?

I would like for maybe a page that would thank the customer for the order and advises them that they will receive a detailed email confirmation of order... blah blah blah

I have already created a thank you page for my contact page through the help of the forum. :D Is there any why I can code to that "cnThanks--?

NyVa :P

Probably not working in IE either, try empting cache and delete cookies and do some tests, chances are it will fail to show print order form at some point. Maybe this has been fixed in ver 3.0.8?.

In my opinion, if the print order form was reliable you wouldn't need the thank you page you can include your thank you's and instructions on the printable form.

The order form can be modified by editing this file: modules/payment/Print_Order_Form/order_form.tpl

Guest nyvagyrl

If you goto

Hello, Homer. :D

I have already created a thank you page for my contact page through the help of the forum. :D Is there any why I can code to that "cnThanks--?

NyVa :P

Probably not working in IE either, try empting cache and delete cookies and do some tests, chances are it will fail to show print order form at some point. Maybe this has been fixed in ver 3.0.8?.

In my opinion, if the print order form was reliable you wouldn't need the thank you page you can include your thank you's and instructions on the printable form.

The order form can be modified by editing this file: modules/payment/Print_Order_Form/order_form.tpl

I deleted my cookies and cache and it works in FireFox but not in IE.

Yeah, you are right about the thank you page, just thought it could be used as a backup so customer won't wonder what happened in case it doesn't work.

I will work on editing the file. I am not sure about the upgrade. I think there were some other mods done other than the print form. From what it looks like from reading the posts, it has recently started doing that. Well, we will see what happens. Most of my orders are usually paid through PayPal anyway and I have plenty of time before I plan to go live. Maybe it will work by then.

Thanks for your reply.

GN

NyVa

• 3 weeks later...
Guest thomasdarton

Hi evilhomer,

Can you please explain to us non-programmers how to code the link back to our homepage and where to put it in the file?

Many thanks,

Tom.

If you goto

You should be able to add this line of code in the file where you want it to appear.

<li class="bullet"><a href="index.php" class="txtDefault">{LANG_HOME}</a></li>

and it should create a link called Homepage

Guest thomasdarton

Hi evilhomer,

I tried that in a couple of different places, and all I get is the bullet but no homepage link.

Tom.

You should be able to add this line of code in the file where you want it to appear.

<li class="bullet"><a href="index.php" class="txtDefault">{LANG_HOME}</a></li>

and it should create a link called Homepage

Guest thomasdarton

Hi evilhomer,

Thank you for that. I have now made slight alterations to your code to center the link and increase the text size. Is it possible to change the text link to a home page button?

The code I am using now is:<p align="center"><a href="mydomain.com/cart/index.php" class="txtDefault" style="font-size: 16px">Home Page</a></p>

Thanks

Tom.

try this

<li class="bullet"><a href="http://www.YOURDOMAINHERE.COM/index.php" class="txtDefault">Home Page</a></li>

• 4 weeks later...
Guest gashaponcommx

Maybe the print order thing is a problem with IE only. I double check all the settings, and try the www. thing and nothing works (on IE).

I check it in Opera and everything works fine! The print order form popups immediatly.

Anyone with strong knowledge of javascript can check this? If there is a bug, maybe its one of the biggest, because we can not use cubecart in the 90% of the browsers!

Sorry I am not a native english speaker...

PD: And one more thing... I set up the store to spanish. When I add items, I need to write the price in USD, because if I use MXP, the price in the front end multiplies MXP x USD!

I double check the settings and every thing seems to be OK..what can I do? I want to capture the price in MXP...

Thanks in advance

Paco Maya

Gashapon.com.mx

• 5 weeks later...

Maybe the print order thing is a problem with IE only. I double check all the settings, and try the www. thing and nothing works (on IE).

I check it in Opera and everything works fine! The print order form popups immediatly.

I have same problem! Print order from appears fine in Firefox but in IE, it takes me back to step 2. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Guest mitrenga

I have the same problem with gateways. Customers dont get to the order form instead the program sends them back and the basket is empty.

I don´t understand we have installed several stores and this problem have never accourds earlier. Now I really have a problem because my programmer guy is out of town and the customer wont his store to work correct, can anyone help me please?? :w00t:

I would really be happy if anyone can do a order and look at the problem for me..

The problem stores webbsite

Surely we are not the only ones that are having this problem?

The problem seems to be fixed. In conjunction to the fix on the global.inc.php file shown on the thread, I also had to refer to this thread http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=13341 specifically the switch.php file, to get the print order form to work in IE. Good luck and thanks to all.

BTW: I'm using 3.0.10

Guest Djpete

I'm using 3.10 and same prob. On my pc the print order form works.

But on 3 other pc's not.

This is a major prob.

Can't we have a comment from someone at Cubecart on this as it effects revenue and frustrates clients...

help needed urgently.

I tried the fix above to no avail...

Guest Djpete

But on 3 other pc's not.

This is a major prob.

Can't we have a comment from someone at Cubecart on this as it effects revenue and frustrates clients...

help needed urgently.

im downloading latest java plugin to see if this fixes prob on other machines I have.

Could this be the prob on some machines out there as IE does not ship with java virtual machine anymore as we know...

Guest Djpete

But on 3 other pc's not.

This is a major prob.

help needed urgently.

im downloading latest java plugin to see if this fixes prob on other machines I have.

Could this be the prob on some machines out there as IE does not ship with java virtual machine anymore as we know...

na,

still no good on some computers.

I even did the Aussie Mod for check out on the Forum but although I now have 3 seperate options to choose from cheque, money order or direct funds transfer, it still does not popup on some computers.

Can a few people try it and see???

The addy is www.frankostoonsnts.com.au

Thanks

Guest andywoodrow

Hi.

I've read this thread but it didn't fix my problem.

The Order Form process works a treat on Windows XP on IE6, but on Mac OSX running Safari, it just goes back to the folder/file mobility/cart.php?cart.php&act=step2.

Can anyone help me on how I can get this fixed for Safari users.

ps - Seems to work OK on Opera on OSX.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem - I am also using IE. Cube Cart version 3.0.10. I have just spent several hours researching this issue in these forums, have tried every suggestion, and I am STILL unable to get the print order form to work. This is extremely frustrating, as this was one of the main reasons I chose cube cart. Now I have invested hours upon hours and still cannot get this up for my customers.

When choosing "Print Order Form" as payment method, I am bumped back to the view cart screen. Yes, I am logged in, etc. etc.

Out of curiosity, I've gone to the admin panel to check if any of my test attempts had been entered as orders, and all of them had been. Also, checked email, and all attempts had been emailed as orders. However, not once did I see a form to print as a customer.

I desperately need help with this issue.

Thanks,

nikkimom