Website link box

Guest alarmed

Guest alarmed

I've created a box in the killer skin (thanks to markscart guide) which i want to put links to manufactures websites, I can put the web address name in the box but what do i need to do so that when you click on the name it open the link in a new window.

I put a mod in the popular products box that scrolls the items up in the box, would i be able to use this mod in my web link box, could I set the box to a certain size as not to take up to must of the page.

My Webpage

Whats the maxium size header you can put in the killer skin without it interfearing with the search box

thanks all

the way to write a HTML like is as follows... (this example would open in a new window)...

I see that at the moment you have Nokia.com and Cubecart.com and would recomend it that you add those like so...

<ol>

<li class="num"><a href="http://www.nokia.com" target="_blank">Nokia Mobiles</a></li>

<li class="num"><a href="http://www.cubecart.com" target="_blank">Cubecart - ecommerce modified</a></li>

</ol>

To add another link just add

<li class="num"><a href="http://www.webaddress.com" target="_blank">Name Of Company</a></li>

BEFORE the </ol> :)

and yes you can apply the same mod to that box that you did to your lattest products :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Look in the downloads section at cubecart.org for CC3 tutorials. Manipulating Boxes in CubeCart 3.

If your skin varies greatly from the stock CubeCart skins, you can still familiarize yourself with the stock box system by reading that tutorial, then have a look to see how the boxes are made in your custome skin. Pay attention to classes on divisions, etc., and add your new box in exactly the same style changing only the content of the box.

HTH

Look in the downloads section at cubecart.org for CC3 tutorials. Manipulating Boxes in CubeCart 3.

If your skin varies greatly from the stock CubeCart skins, you can still familiarize yourself with the stock box system by reading that tutorial, then have a look to see how the boxes are made in your custome skin. Pay attention to classes on divisions, etc., and add your new box in exactly the same style changing only the content of the box.

HTH

Sirs, I did download and study and did make a mod but not perfect. See here: http://www.qd-race.com

Very good, NOW,

"If your skin varies greatly from the stock CubeCart skins, you can still familiarize yourself with the stock box system by reading that tutorial, then have a look to see how the boxes are made in your custome skin. Pay attention to classes on divisions, etc., and add your new box in exactly the same style changing only the content of the box."

This may require a little more homework on your part to make it look right. The code you used would work fine with CubeCartâ„¢ Killer skin, but that is not what you have here.

The skin you installed is a commercial skin. Most of us do not have access to it, so we cannot answer your question in more detail. The choices are:

1. Study and learn how the boxes are made for that skin, and how they differ from stock CC boxes - apply same styles to your new box.

2. Contact the skin author who sold the skin and ask for his help.

3. Hire someone or find someone with time to help for free over at the cubecart.org forum, and give them ftp access to your skin so they can fix this for you.

As an aftermarket skin, this is not a CubeCartâ„¢ service issue, and I would suggest that any more discussion of it should occure at cubecart.org, which is the after market, 3rd party services forum. You have two posts on this subject in skins forum here, and one in general discussion forum. A bad way to seek quality help B)

Rosdi, the box looks very good now B)

My apology, I did not know the skin was a free download. Thank you for the link.

I'm glad to hear that and thanks for your support for me to keep learning.

I'm still looking how to allign those bullets as like in Categories. I can't figure it out. 3AM here...