UPS php error codes

Do not be confused with my other thread if you saw it. I was incorrect as to what was happening and now have the exact error occuring. Hopefully someone can assist me with this now.

The below error happens after about 5 minutes of waiting. What you see below loops and loops and loops until I hit stop on the browser.

This prevents anyone from buying anything at my store because the module module fails. If you have any insight please let me know. The site is at www.sportbikeunltd.com/store

Warning: fopen(http://www.ups.com/using/services/rave/qcostcgi.cgi?accept_UPS_license_agreement=yes&10_action=3&13_product=CP&14_origCountry=US&15_origPostal=95050&19_destPostal=94086&22_destCountry=US&23_weight=&47_rateChart=Regular+Daily+Pickup&48_container=&49_residential=1): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/******/sportbikeunltd.com/store/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php on line 175

Warning: feof(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/.******/sportbikeunltd.com/store/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php on line 176

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/******/sportbikeunltd.com/store/modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php on line 177

Thanks in advance.

In case someone finds this searching. My problem was with my host. Dreamhost.com they do not support fopen PHP command and the scripthad to be rewritten to use CURL. If that means nothing to you i am sorry I had to have a friend assist me.

• 1 month later...
Guest nickyg622

In case someone finds this searching. My problem was with my host. Dreamhost.com they do not support fopen PHP command and the scripthad to be rewritten to use CURL. If that means nothing to you i am sorry I had to have a friend assist me.

I am also with Dreamhost, and haven't been able to use UPS shipping for the same reason. Do you think you could post your updated UPS files?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest nickyg622

I fixed this for DreamHost by using curl instead of fopen in the UPS module. I'm not really a programmer, but so far this seems to work. See the attached file - replace your /modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php file with this one and it should work on DreamHost.

ups.txt

• 5 months later...

I fixed this for DreamHost by using curl instead of fopen in the UPS module. I'm not really a programmer, but so far this seems to work. See the attached file - replace your /modules/shipping/UPS/ups.php file with this one and it should work on DreamHost.

Yes ! It is the PHP configuration of the hosting provider.

I changed the file ups.php and now the shipping by UPS option works great !

Many, many thanks

All the best !!!

• 2 months later...
Guest Michael Leonard

Hi.. i used the file and it worked but when someone submits an order it says, there is no shipping method setup for your country.. but the persons profile has them as living in the USA..

??

Any ideas?

• 2 months later...
Guest anakin827

Hi.. i used the file and it worked but when someone submits an order it says, there is no shipping method setup for your country.. but the persons profile has them as living in the USA..

??

Any ideas?

I did the same thing. I replaced the file, but am getting the same error that my country isn't supported and it's listed as the US.

Any help??? My site is down because of this error.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kristina

This worked great for me! Please thank your friend and if your friend is a CubeCart member... this would be a great mod to post. Lots of people looking for answers to this issue. Luckily I figured out my host had changed it so the fopen command was no longer available fairly quickly as I'd already heard about people having trouble with their blog scripts, etc as hosts are shutting down the option to use fopen.

I think we will be seeing a lot more people with this issue soon.

Kristina

Guest murkington

AWESOME! nickyg622, thanks so much for posting that txt file. It worked great for me and I am using us mailing addresses :rolleyes:

*dances happily* :D

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much for this attachment. I am setting up a store on GoDaddy and I was having this same issue with the UPS shipping module. I downloaded the above file and changed it to ups.php and uploaded it to the server replacing my old file and UPS now works and calculates correctly. Thanks a bunch!

• 11 months later...

Thanks BIG Bunches for that cURL code! Problem solved!

Peace ~Tim